How to Respond to Rejection

afnan.bashir

Star Member
Apr 15, 2016
I got rejected for following reasons.

1. Travel History
2. family ties in Canada and in country of residence
3. purpose of visit
4. Not satisfied that you are bonafide student and would leave Canada at end of authorized stay

Questions
1. When I apply should it be a fresh application or should i include UCI number?
2. How to respond for above. I applied for OWP for wife i think i should apply alone
3. When should I re apply. Originally i was intended into Sep intake but i have made request for defer for winter 17

danny114

Jul 6, 2016
afnan.bashir said:
I got rejected for following reasons.

1. Travel History
2. family ties in Canada and in country of residence
3. purpose of visit
4. Not satisfied that you are bonafide student and would leave Canada at end of authorized stay

Questions
1. When I apply should it be a fresh application or should i include UCI number?
2. How to respond for above. I applied for OWP for wife i think i should apply alone
3. When should I re apply. Originally i was intended into Sep intake but i have made request for defer for winter 17
firstly when did you apply/when did you get rejected?

afnan.bashir

Star Member
Apr 15, 2016
nwolisaemmanuel said:
You need to give us your full profiles
Did
BS Computational Physics 3.1 GPA
MS Computer Science 3.0 GPA
Ielts 6.5 (L:6.5 W:6 R:6 S:7.5)
Applied to M.S.c Computer Science (Pre req to PHD) at University of Alberta.

Applied for wife's OWP. Both got Rejected Same day same reasons

afnan.bashir

Star Member
Apr 15, 2016
nwolisaemmanuel said:
You already have an msc computer science going for another master in computer science...i think you should go for phd direct..
They do not give direct admission to PhD. I had discussed with them that after first year i would be promoted to PhD if i get decedent score

under_pressure

Oct 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
afnan.bashir said:
They do not give direct admission to PhD. I had discussed with them that after first year i would be promoted to PhD if i get decedent score
Did you present this in your SOP? Did you present prove of this?. If you didn't, clearly make no sense your intend.
There is no other University that could let you go to PHD directly?

afnan.bashir said:
1.- You HAVE to include it.
2.- You can apply alone, but based on your previous app, the officer can guess that after approval you will bring your wife anyway.
3.- When you really have improved all your weak points, if you don't change deeply your profile, it's likely to be rejected again.

IMHO I wouldn't apply again for Master, If you can't apply for PHD it's almost impossible I think with a previous rejection, unless you can make a really beautiful and magical SOP

afnan.bashir

Star Member
Apr 15, 2016
under_pressure said:
Did you present this in your SOP? Did you present prove of this?. If you didn't, clearly make no sense your intend.
There is no other University that could let you go to PHD directly?

1.- You HAVE to include it.
2.- You can apply alone, but based on your previous app, the officer can guess that after approval you will bring your wife anyway.
3.- When you really have improved all your weak points, if you don't change deeply your profile, it's likely to be rejected again.

IMHO I wouldn't apply again for Master, If you can't apply for PHD it's almost impossible I think with a previous rejection, at least you can make a really beautiful and magical SOP
Really Worried :(
I mentioned that I would pursue to PhD as this is fast track but i think that was not prominent enough. No I did not i included any proof of that.

Moreover i think that I can also tell them that i would not apply for spouse while i am there.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
afnan.bashir said:
Really Worried :(
I mentioned that I would pursue to PhD as this is fast track but i think that was not prominent enough. No I did not i included any proof of that.

Moreover i think that I can also tell them that i would not apply for spouse while i am there.
how much money did u show during ur application? do u have anyone in canada sponsoring u? which country ru from? lastly did u explain Msc is required for ur Phd in a letter ?

afnan.bashir

Star Member
Apr 15, 2016
mead said:
how much money did u show during ur application? do u have anyone in canada sponsoring u? which country ru from? lastly did u explain Msc is required for ur Phd in a letter ?
I showed 30,000 CAD
I have people in Canada but they are not sponsoring me as this will raise suspicion that i would not come back
I am from Pakistan
I did wrote one line that i need MSC for Pre Req for PhD

MONTY39

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
CEC
My dear friend, sorry to hear on the rejection. Its disheartening I know.
I can see the following reasons:
Double masters.
Your Travel history to Canada or Canadian ties make them suspicious of your intentions of returning back.
Applying along with wife further makes them sure that you won't return back.
and lastly,
Pakistani candidates have a very high chance of rejection and this isn't a hypothesis. sad though true...