+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Renew Super Visa

AmarKaur78

Sep 6, 2019
Hi,
I would like to thank in advance for any guided help.
My moms super Visa was extended in Canada and will be expiring in November 2020, so we are planning to re-apply from scratch so that we can receive it for 10 years, will she be able to re-apply in March 2020, or she will have to wait and if she would have to wait then for how long before she could apply

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hi,
My moms super Visa was extended in Canada and will be expiring in November 2020, so we are planning to re-apply from scratch so that we can receive it for 10 years, will she be able to re-apply in March 2020, or she will have to wait and if she would have to wait then for how long before she could apply
How long has she been in Canada before going back to India? Remember that a super visa is still a temporary visa, it is not to live here permanently.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hi She ,
She entered here on November 2018.
How long is she planning on going back to India for in Nov after her two years are up? So even if you receive 10 year visa, that does not mean you can stay for 10 years straight. There is still either 2 year or 6 month entries.

AmarKaur78

Sep 6, 2019
We would want here to live with me and my brother here in Canada as my dad has passed away and there is no one to take care of her Back home so she will go there for 3 month only, but to re-apply for the Super Visa how early can we apply before the expiry date?

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
We would want here to live with me and my brother here in Canada as my dad has passed away and there is no one to take care of her Back home so she will go there for 3 month only, but to re-apply for the Super Visa how early can we apply before the expiry date?
So in my opinion you do not want to risk a refusal if the officer thinks your mom wants to live here. As mentioned with super visa you are not allowed to live here, to be able to live here there is the parent grandparent sponsorship. In my opinion it would be better if she goes back and stays 4 to 5 months and then apply for a super visa. So you would apply for the super visa after she has already been in India for a few months. If you keep on applying for extensions to your visa eventually it will get denied and she will have to go home.

Again after getting 10 year visa she cannot stay here for 10 years, she would have to go back each time for a decent amount of time so the officer does not think shes living here (which she is and which you want). She can be refused even at entry. For her to be here permanently and not have risk of denied entry they have the sponsorship. A supervisa falls under the temporary visitor visa which means its not permanent. It allows for parents and grand parents to spend longer times with their children in Canada but the parents have to go back eventually.

But that's all my opinion, can wait for what others think. I know its probably not what you wanted to hear.

parents2017

Dec 1, 2016
Hi,

Hi

Did the Super Visa expire because the passport expired ? My parents passports are expiring May 2020 and they are here on SuperVisa. So their Super Visa will expire too.

Can i get their new passports and apply to get extension ?

audrey.toni

Jul 8, 2020
new member here.. can somebody help me please? my mother is here in Canada with me and her supervisa is expired on September 2020. I don't think she can go back home anytime soon, with that being said.. I want to extend her stay longer. how am I gonna do that? :-( where do I begin . . .

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005

Newperson123

Sep 6, 2020
Hello I'm new to this forum. My mother was granted PG-1 visa with multiple entries in jan 2019 and the expiry date on it says jan 2021 even though her passport expires in 2027. However when my mom visited me last year officer had her passport stamped and dated- pg1 Jl 2021. She returned bavk to her home country in September 2019. Now my questions are-
1. If she comes now whether her stay will be valid till jan 2021 or july 2021?
2. I read somewhere on the forums that expiry date mentioned is only meant for how long u have to make your first entry in Canada?
3. so if she wants to stay beyond the date stated on her passport does she need to reapply from outside canada for new super visa?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello I'm new to this forum. My mother was granted PG-1 visa with multiple entries in jan 2019 and the expiry date on it says jan 2021 even though her passport expires in 2027. However when my mom visited me last year officer had her passport stamped and dated- pg1 Jl 2021. She returned bavk to her home country in September 2019. Now my questions are-
1. If she comes now whether her stay will be valid till jan 2021 or july 2021?
2. I read somewhere on the forums that expiry date mentioned is only meant for how long u have to make your first entry in Canada?
3. so if she wants to stay beyond the date stated on her passport does she need to reapply from outside canada for new super visa?
1) She will know when she return to Canada. The officer will stamp her passport again
2)She first entered last year after she got her multiple entry visa in jan
3) She need to apply an extension by the end of her legal stay

Newperson123

Sep 6, 2020
1) She will know when she return to Canada. The officer will stamp her passport again
2)She first entered last year after she got her multiple entry visa in jan
3) She need to apply an extension by the end of her legal stay
Thanks fo the reply. I've another question. Can she come to canada after january 2021, the expiry date mentioned on sticker, or not?

purnistein

Sep 30, 2015
Have you reapplied for second supervisa? Did they asl for you the same documents? Did you apply using the portal?