+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to remove my spouse from My PR application

pesarak8

Feb 26, 2017
Hi All
We submitted our application for permanent residence last week. We applied under CEC category of Express entry. I am the main applicant who have 1 year of full time work experience in Canada and other requirements and my wife is my dependent in the application. She decided to not apply for PR and so we want to remove her from the PR application.
My questions are:
1. Is it possible to remove a dependent from the application after submission and payment of the application fees?
2. If yes, does IRCC return the application fee for the dependent if we remove her from the application?
3. If I don't remove her and she gets PR as my spouse, Can I apply for PR for another person as my spouse?

It is worth saying that the score with which we received ITA was 459 while I would have 479 if I applied as a single person.

Thanks for your attention to this matter in advance.

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
pesarak8 said:
Hi All
We submitted our application for permanent residence last week. We applied under CEC category of Express entry. I am the main applicant who have 1 year of full time work experience in Canada and other requirements and my wife is my dependent in the application. She decided to not apply for PR and so we want to remove her from the PR application.
My questions are:
1. Is it possible to remove a dependent from the application after submission and payment of the application fees?
2. If yes, does IRCC return the application fee for the dependent if we remove her from the application?
3. If I don't remove her and she gets PR as my spouse, Can I apply for PR for another person as my spouse?

It is worth saying that the score with which we received ITA was 459 while I would have 479 if I applied as a single person.

Thanks for your attention to this matter in advance.
1. Yes you can remove your dependent.
2. No, you will not be refunded the fee
3. You cannot apply for PR for another person as your spouse if you already have a spouse.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You cannot remove your spouse as a dependent. You can, however, change your spouse's status to non-accompanying. Your wife will still have to complete the medical and pass the security/background checks in order for you to get PR.

snasir123

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Hi There,

I need help and opinion of experts please.

I have applied my PR through AINP on a Paper Base application and got my AOR in Feb, linked my application as well on cic.

Right now I am the main applicant and my spouse is a dependent. Unfortunately, things did not work out btw us and we are having a Divorce. Since Marriage was registered in PAKISTAN, and we both hold Pakistani passports divorce laws are going to be followed of Pakistan. So far, I only sent a divorce deed notice to spouse address and to Union Council. It will take around three months of the process to get the Divorce Certificate from the Union Council to make it legally seperated.

My concern is should I tell CiC right now to remove my spouse( dependent) from my PR file or should I wait until I get the Divorce certificate from Pakistan ? If I tell right now they will ask for the legally separated document which will I get in next three months. But, If I wait to get the certificate what If I get a call for Medical of me and my spouse ? Please give some opinions.

My timeline is : PR paper based application thru AINP got AOR Feb 05, 2017 profile linked with CiC and waiting for Medical now.

Any help would be highly appreciated

Raj710

Mar 10, 2017
1. Yes you can remove your dependent.
2. No, you will not be refunded the fee
3. You cannot apply for PR for another person as your spouse if you already have a spouse.

Hi,
plz help me...
I have submitted my express entry profile and paid payment. It's been 2months and application is under process.
Now me and my spouse got separated and she denied to give her BIOMETRICS.
Now, Is there a possibility to remove here from my profile? what are the options, please help me.

Thanks In advance.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,
plz help me...
I have submitted my express entry profile and paid payment. It's been 2months and application is under process.
Now me and my spouse got separated and she denied to give her BIOMETRICS.
Now, Is there a possibility to remove here from my profile? what are the options, please help me.
You can submit a request to IRCC to change her status to "non-accompanying" with an explanation, and then her biometrics will not be required, and she will not get PR status with you.

Raj710

Mar 10, 2017
You can submit a request to IRCC to change her status to "non-accompanying" with an explanation, and then her biometrics will not be required, and she will not get PR status with you.
Thanx for the reply. does it effects my application?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

OliviaBBB

Star Member
May 25, 2020
You cannot remove your spouse as a dependent. You can, however, change your spouse's status to non-accompanying. Your wife will still have to complete the medical and pass the security/background checks in order for you to get PR.
Hi, Can anyone suggest my options here... I am so desperate. If I go with my spouse my points are 435 If i remove him I will get 475 or maybe more... My lawyer says WE MUST go together. Sponsorship will take a year. Should I listen to her? How long am I going to sit in the pool....PLEASE any advise helps

Reactions: Xxxxixx

OliviaBBB

Star Member
May 25, 2020
Hi, Can anyone suggest my options here... I am so desperate. If I go with my spouse my points are 435 If i remove him I will get 475 or maybe more... My lawyer says WE MUST go together. Sponsorship will take a year. Should I listen to her? How long am I going to sit in the pool...PLEASE any advice helps

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Hi, Can anyone suggest my options here... I am so desperate. If I go with my spouse my points are 435 If i remove him I will get 475 or maybe more... My lawyer says WE MUST go together. Sponsorship will take a year. Should I listen to her? How long am I going to sit in the pool...PLEASE any advice helps
It's very possible to stay more than a year in the pool with a score of 435 is my thinking so it appears better to remove your spouse, get the PR and sponsor him within a year or 2.