+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to remove my spouse from My PR application

Michelle300

Jun 26, 2021
Just don't bother doing anything. Since you are the main applicant, you can complete the process on your own. When you do the landing, tell them that you've separated (is that what happened?) and they will remove your spouse to non-accompanying and that person will not receive COPR.

Since you are the main applicant you can land on your own, the dependents on the other hand would have to complete the landing after or at the same time as the main applicant.

I am assuming have control over the IRCC account you used to apply, hence you'll be the one to know how the application has progressed.
Thank you so much for this response. Yes we are separated. However our passports have not been requested yet though the application shows complete. When passports get requested, is it possible to send only mine? I believe we receive COPR before landing. I’m wondering how to handle the passport request phase. Your first response is so helpful
Thanks a lot
I’ll appreciate a further clarification on this

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Sorry to hear that you have to go through this @legalfalcon sir can you please guide here?
@Preeti sidhu

If you are not divorced, you can change your spouse to non-accompanying by sending a webform.

Irrespective of whether your spouse is accompanying or not, all family members have to be admissible for medicals, criminality and security.

To remove your spouse, you will have to provide a proof of divorce or initiation of divorce proceedings.

SS_AMK

Jul 11, 2019
When I applied for PR, my spouse was non accompanying partner. Now we are living separately since 2 years. Legal separation system is not available in my country. I can not divorce him because of my minor child. I want to remove my husband name permanently from my application. Have any option?

jackym

Aug 2, 2023
Hello everyone, I submitted my PR application and got AOR. Yesterday I received medical test request for everyone, however my spouse's ex wife has refused to allow her son (who is a non accompanying dependant) go for medicals. Can I remove him as a dependent from my PR application? How do I go about it. Please help.

Uzairkhan13

May 14, 2023
Yes, masters and 2 years experience for me in Canada, spouse had 1 year plus 3 years experience back home
HI there, with my wife my score as of now is 480 and without my wife it goes up to 490. Looking at the scores now I want to exclude my wife from the pr application. My wife is here in Canada, is it possible? and I can I apply for her pr after I get mine? please advise.

jamesjones123

Jan 2, 2024
Hi

I have received my ITA and waiting to submit my PR application. My wife and I are not living together anymore. However, we have not started the divorce procedure. Now, in my PR application, I need to submit my wife's documents but she is not ready give me the documents. She is not even ready for starting the divorce procedure. Is there anyway to apply for my PR without getting any help from her?

RickyNep

Feb 15, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi

I have received my ITA and waiting to submit my PR application. My wife and I are not living together anymore. However, we have not started the divorce procedure. Now, in my PR application, I need to submit my wife's documents but she is not ready give me the documents. She is not even ready for starting the divorce procedure. Is there anyway to apply for my PR without getting any help from her?
My suggestion you can still submit your application and write letter of explanation saying that you do not want to include your spouse in your application. I think you will be fine. My spouse and I are separated and divorced since I submitted for application. Application was approved and divorced is also finalized. Whatever you say and write make sure you are truthful and have some proofs if needed.

Reactions: jamesjones123

jamesjones123

Jan 2, 2024
My suggestion you can still submit your application and write letter of explanation saying that you do not want to include your spouse in your application. I think you will be fine. My spouse and I are separated and divorced since I submitted for application. Application was approved and divorced is also finalized. Whatever you say and write make sure you are truthful and have some proofs if needed.
Hi thanks. So, are you saying that I should go with legally separated as my marital status and submit the file with an explanation?

RickyNep

Feb 15, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi thanks. So, are you saying that I should go with legally separated as my marital status and submit the file with an explanation?
Yes that is what I did. You are not committing misrepresentation or anything. Be truthful with the immigration. They love to process the application with genuine reason.

Reactions: jamesjones123

jamesjones123

Jan 2, 2024
Yes that is what I did. You are not committing misrepresentation or anything. Be truthful with the immigration. They love to process the application with genuine reason.
Thank you so much for the reply. Aren’t we suppose to submit the divorce claim or separation agreement? This is what one lawyer suggested me. Also, You didn’t submit any supporting documents other than explanations throughout the application?

RickyNep

Feb 15, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Thank you so much for the reply. Aren’t we suppose to submit the divorce claim or separation agreement? This is what one lawyer suggested me. Also, You didn’t submit any supporting documents other than explanations throughout the application?
If you do have any sure submit it. Otherwise, you need to submit explanation. That is it.

Temprofy

Jan 28, 2024
Hello, I'm in quite a unique situation with my application. I applied from within Canada with my common law partner as a dependent. We are both living in Canada, and we both have a PGWP. I received an ITA and our situation has changed since applying. We are expecting our first child in march, and we are having some financial issues and cannot afford the fees for her as a dependent. My partner suggested that I switch her to non-accompanying since she already lives here and she has a work permit. I'm concerned that this is to big of a change for my profile after receiving an ITA. I will lose points for this, however I am still above the minimum points needed for my group and I still qualify for the group I got invited into (Trade occupations). I'm afraid that this is to big of a change on my profile for after receiving an ITA. Should I decline the invitation or will this change not effect my application?