+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Receive PR Card from Abroad

Nondini2017

Sep 24, 2017
Hello Everyone

I would like to know how can I apply for my PR card abroad?
I received Canadian PR visa and I have done my soft landing in Canada last year(2018), I was in there for 15 days then I returned to my home country, I did not receive my PR card at that time and I have given my friend's address who was living in Toronto.

But the PR card was not delivered in his address and my friend moved from that address too. now I would like to know how can I get the PR card?

If I submit a webform and request CIC to send the PR Card to my anther friend's address who is currently living in Toronto? will it work?

Thanks a lot in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello Everyone

I would like to know how can I apply for my PR card abroad?
I received Canadian PR visa and I have done my soft landing in Canada last year(2018), I was in there for 15 days then I returned to my home country, I did not receive my PR card at that time and I have given my friend's address who was living in Toronto.

But the PR card was not delivered in his address and my friend moved from that address too. now I would like to know how can I get the PR card?

If I submit a webform and request CIC to send the PR Card to my anther friend's address who is currently living in Toronto? will it work?

Thanks a lot in advance.
1. No, you can't apply from abroad.
2. If the card has been returned or lost, as 6 months have passed you will have to apply for a new PR card in Canada.

Reactions: Nondini2017

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just to add that without a PR card you will need to apply for a PRTD to return to Canada and also keep in mind that you will need to return by 2021 to ensure that you meet the 2/5 residency obligation for the 5 years since you landed in 2018..

Reactions: Nondini2017

Nondini2017

Sep 24, 2017
Just to add that without a PR card you will need to apply for a PRTD to return to Canada and also keep in mind that you will need to return by 2021 to ensure that you meet the 2/5 residency obligation for the 5 years since you landed in 2018..

Thank you very much for your kind reply, I would like to know how can I apply for PRTD from abroad?