+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to proceed with applying work permit inside Canada

Sb_93

Nov 8, 2020
Hello! I have summitted PR file under Sponsorship of a Spouse or Common-Law partner in Canada class and got medical request today.

I am now proceeding with applying for an open work permit application and following this documentation (Guide 5553) :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html#5553E7

When i click on "apply online," it takes me to the login page where i am choosing "Sign in with GC account" and signing in with my existing account (That i used to apply for Visitor visa from India to come to Canada to my Husband). I takes me to my account where I do not have any options for "Applying for a work permit inside Canada". I see options listed below:

1. Apply to come to canada
2. Refugees : Apply for temporary health care benefits
3. Citizenship : Apply for search or proof of citizenship
4 Student : Transfer schools

Questions :
1. Is anyone is in the same boat ?
2. Do i need to create a new GC account to start with open work permit application ?
3. The opens are not visible because i used the same account to apply for visitor visa application to come to Canada from India ?

Thank you taking time and reading this post. I would appreciate any feedbacks