+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Organaize my APP.

aleguillen

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Hello everyone, I finally have everything done payed my fees and ready to send the app. My question is how do I organize it to send it?

I was thinking one big envelope for everything and having my work permit app first ( with the receipt from the fees in front then the check list, then the bar codes and rest of work permit app.) Second, my Common law app with the first page being the receipt of the fees, check list and Bar codes followed for the rest of the papers of the principal applicant, Third the application to be a sponsor with the bar codes in front and rest of documents and Finally extra proof of common law. Is that okay? should I do something different like buy one big envelope and put the Work permit app in one envelope inside the big envelope that will have the PR application?

Any help will be much appreciated !!

PS: The two passport pictures I put them with the Background check form right?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you seen this thread yet:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.0.html

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
That thread is great but it's kind of overkill for some people.

Depends on your situation really and how big your app is.

We did not have a separate work permit app, but we organised it as per instructions, in order with the barcodes on top. For the spousal proof, I organised each bit (bank statements, chat logs, tickets etc) with a cover sheet that had a description a sentence or two long (I figured this might help since there are so many printed pages involved). The identification certificates and printouts are self-explanatory so I just separated it with another labeled cover sheet. We used a plain old extra large bubble envelope, with our proof of relationship pictures wrapped with an elastic band in a separate inner envelope (also labeled).

On the envelope I clearly labeled it as spousal sponsorship-outland.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. I did pretty much same as Aquakitty.
I had a cover letter - 1. check list 2. form IMM 0000 3. Form imm 0000 …..9. marriage certificate 10.photos..

2. For photos or other proof of relationship, I put each year's photos in separate clear plastic bag (got it from photo printing shop)
and labeled on it.
ex- 2011, 2012. 2013.
So total 3 different photo bags.

3.I would do what you said.
put each app in separate envelope and label on each envelope then put one big envelope to mail it.

fruitball4u

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-06-2015
File Transfer...
31-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Interview........
DM: 21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 17-12-2015
LANDED..........
03-01-2016
We got one of those big accordion folders that lawyers use, and then used manila envelopes to hold each individual section.

On top was a clear folder with a Table of Contents. We basically followed in order of the document checklist. Listed was:

Document Checklist

Envelope One: Sponsor

Clear Binder Two: Sponsored Person

Envelope Three: Sponsor's Supporting Documents

Envelope Four: Sponsored Person's Supporting Documents (This envelope also included the Appendix A, which had some overlap with the document checklist. I made sure to notate that)

In each envelope, I used little sticky tabs to label each IMM document for easy finding for the CIC employee.

I've included a link below to pictures of our application - hopefully I'm doing this correctly: (Also note, all of the bright white spots are where our full names were.)

http://imgur.com/a/UFY9t/all

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
fruitball4u said:
We got one of those big accordion folders that lawyers use, and then used manila envelopes to hold each individual section.

On top was a clear folder with a Table of Contents. We basically followed in order of the document checklist. Listed was:

Document Checklist

Envelope One: Sponsor

Clear Binder Two: Sponsored Person

Envelope Three: Sponsor's Supporting Documents

Envelope Four: Sponsored Person's Supporting Documents (This envelope also included the Appendix A, which had some overlap with the document checklist. I made sure to notate that)

In each envelope, I used little sticky tabs to label each IMM document for easy finding for the CIC employee.

I've included a link below to pictures of our application - hopefully I'm doing this correctly: (Also note, all of the bright white spots are where our full names were.)

http://imgur.com/a/UFY9t/all
One thing I never thought of was labeling the pictures. We had over 100 of them. I just used an elastic band, lol.

That's a thing of beauty, good luck with your app!

fruitball4u

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-06-2015
File Transfer...
31-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Interview........
DM: 21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 17-12-2015
LANDED..........
03-01-2016
Aquakitty said:
One thing I never thought of was labeling the pictures. We had over 100 of them. I just used an elastic band, lol.

That's a thing of beauty, good luck with your app!
Oh, yes! We had quite a bit of information and photos for them - I labelled some (but not all) of the photos. For example, each page had a different event (such as an 80's party that we threw) with photos - I only labelled each person once, even if they showed up multiple times in pictures. I figured CIC is smart enough to draw that connection on their own, haha.

We also did everything on paper (sized many photos to one 8x11 page) so that we wouldn't have things floating around.

I'm not going to lie...it was pretty satisfying putting that application together after doing all of the research and writing, haha. I was pretty proud of it!