+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to obtain Canadian driving license for Pakistanis!

pakopite

Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2011
Doc's Request.
DD encashed 6-2-2012
Nomination.....
PER 23-2-12
Right guys,

A couple of queries. Would really appreciate if anyone could answer these.

1, So what i gather from the recent posts is that the NOC letter from Traffic Police here in Karachi, Pakistan is of no use now . Is that correct ?

2, so all i need to do is take my original driving license and go to the embassy/consulate here in Canada, and they will give me the verification letter . But what would they verify ?

thanks in advance

Qazinasir

Aug 1, 2018
I have driving experience in Pakistan of more then 24 months and also I have driving license of Oman with more then 24 month of experience. Can I get G license ?

sfk2k

Jun 26, 2018
Hello,

I am just going for the renewal of my pakistani license. It was expired since 7 years. Will I get waiver for G1 driving test waiting time? I will be travelling to Ontario in a month.

Regards

FReza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Right guys,

A couple of queries. Would really appreciate if anyone could answer these.

1, So what i gather from the recent posts is that the NOC letter from Traffic Police here in Karachi, Pakistan is of no use now . Is that correct ?

2, so all i need to do is take my original driving license and go to the embassy/consulate here in Canada, and they will give me the verification letter . But what would they verify ?

thanks in advance

Hi,
Did you got your 24 months credit? If so could you please guide.

Thanks

zad114

Apr 12, 2019
Guelph
Category........
Hi
Where can i translate my Saudi Arabia driving license from Arabic to English from Toronto
please advise

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
*** For Information ***

There is no need to make the driving license letter from pakistan, it is not recognized here. I landed in toronto and found out this now, what you need to do is have your orignal driving license and go to the embassy/consulate here, fill a form and give 25 CAD ( the website says 20 ) and they will give you the verification letter. Only that letter is recognized by canadian driving license authority and not the one which you make from pakistan .

More details can be found here

http://www.pakmission.ca/attestation_doc.html

I did made that letter from karachi traffic police office but was a waste.

But, i think consulate verify the current driving license. For example, if one had 5 year old driving license and it got expired. then he got it renewed it from ISD ITP traffic police and got new one. Whether the verification letter takes into account the old 5 years experience as well, or it just verifies the current driving license card which might have been issued 1 year ago. Do they mention the whole driving lincense experience for G full test, or to be taken advantage while applying for insurance ??

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But, i think consulate verify the current driving license. For example, if one had 5 year old driving license and it got expired. then he got it renewed it from ISD ITP traffic police and got new one. Whether the verification letter takes into account the old 5 years experience as well, or it just verifies the current driving license card which might have been issued 1 year ago. Do they mention the whole driving lincense experience for G full test, or to be taken advantage while applying for insurance ??
Not sure about this, you can call the Pakistan consulate at Vaughn and ask this question. If you are living outside Canada then you can use Google hangout dialer application on your smartphone to make free calls to Canada/US numbers.

One thing to note that the exemption is only to attempt G or G2 road test and not for insurance. I don't think you get any discount for having a driving history in Pakistan - never heard about it.

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
Not sure about this, you can call the Pakistan consulate at Vaughn and ask this question. If you are living outside Canada then you can use Google hangout dialer application on your smartphone to make free calls to Canada/US numbers.

One thing to note that the exemption is only to attempt G or G2 road test and not for insurance. I don't think you get any discount for having a driving history in Pakistan - never heard about it.
Thanks a Lot for concise reply.

One more thing, my ISD ITP DL Card has some wording grown quite dull (to un-readable), as with passage of time in wallet/pocket; So, the NOC will compensate for that; Or i needed to apply for a Duplicate Card from ISD ? Whats your opinion and recommendation Please ?

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
*** For Information ***

There is no need to make the driving license letter from pakistan, it is not recognized here. I landed in toronto and found out this now, what you need to do is have your orignal driving license and go to the embassy/consulate here, fill a form and give 25 CAD ( the website says 20 ) and they will give you the verification letter. Only that letter is recognized by canadian driving license authority and not the one which you make from pakistan .

Dear, i got NOC letter here from ITP. It is on their official letter head, signed by senior suprintendent of police, mentions my other details alongwith DL No., but it mentions only date of issuance. It doesn't mentions Date of Expiry on the letter. Whether your obtained letter from consulate office mentions the date of expiry or Not ? And, whether it is must required?

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear, i got NOC letter here from ITP. It is on their official letter head, signed by senior suprintendent of police, mentions my other details alongwith DL No., but it mentions only date of issuance. It doesn't mentions Date of Expiry on the letter. Whether your obtained letter from consulate office mentions the date of expiry or Not ? And, whether it is must required?
I don't remember if the letter had any expiry mentioned or not, I don't think so it did but you wont need it. When you go to Canada drive test center they will ask for letter to check if you have 2 years of driving history in your home country so I don't think they will ever check any expiry.
In my case I had a driving license made 2 years back so they figured out this guy must have 2 years driving experience. That's it.
Also if you call the Pakistani consulate at Vaughn I would say call 2 times at different days because as usual they are stupid people who will not pick up your call and even if they pickup they wont be interested in using brains to give answer so call twice to make sure, if you are 2 in family you should call separate so they don't recognize that you called a some time back - I hope they wont.

A. Wahab Khan

Oct 12, 2019
If you provide your email I will email you...send me your email address in private message..
Hope to immigrate to Canada in January 2020 and then go for G license.

Got my DL on Dec 4, 17' so gonna have a driving experience of 2 years from Dec 19'. I visited the City Traffic Officer today and asked for an experienced letter. They were of the view that there is only one thing for overseas i.e. International Driving Permit (IDP). Should I wait for December to get IDP? Would my local DL and IDP enough to justify the experience after entering Canada?

Kindly share the image with me too @ saudkhan1@gmail.com

Last edited:

tausif_asif

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
If some one have a LTV license which is 2 years old, can it be used for canada truck job? Or it is compulsory to have HTV license? Or what are other requirements? please help

bilalmehar381

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Calgary Alberta
Category........
PNP
*** For Information ***

Again I want to ask I'm coming to Toronto, do I need to bring anything attested from traffic police Lahore except my valid driving license???

tayx

Feb 2, 2021
Hello! Great information
So I turned 18 on 28 August 2018 and got my license same month from pakistan. Then moved to Canada in 2019 March 7th. So technically I drove for about 7 months in Pakistan.
I want to ask that if I can wait for only 5 more months for G2 after writing G1 as I have already drove 7 months backhome? Because only 5 months are left in getting one year to be completed for G2 waiting period. Please reply Asap thankyou