+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to make sure-work permit and visa approval

ariane97ph

Mar 1, 2011
hi everyone,

ive worked as a food attendant for two years and returned home. now, my employer got me a new LMO as a supervisor.i dont want to think negatively but im just scared now if i apply a work permit and visa, the embassy will surely deny me because i dont have any experience for supervisory at all.

my experience in food attendant for two years would be enough to prove that i am qualified for that position?is there any way i can convince the embassy that the position suits me? pls help....just need some advise pls.... i have the LMO and job letter from my employer now....tanx

k0nghe

Apr 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow..hope someone will reply any info's on this topic...

amangrewal62

Apr 17, 2011
i think if u want to apply u aplly with ur food counter experience..becoz if u apply as a supervior u neend more requirements

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is your NOC? You can see requirements on the NOC website. For example, if you are a food service supervisor 6212, see http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/Profile.aspx?val=6&val1=6212

Employment requirements:

* Completion of secondary school is usually required.

* Completion of a community college program in food service administration, hotel and restaurant management or related discipline
or
Several years of experience in food preparation or service are required.
So if you have 2 years of experience, you might be ok.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ariane97ph said:
hi everyone,

ive worked as a food attendant for two years and returned home. now, my employer got me a new LMO as a supervisor.i dont want to think negatively but im just scared now if i apply a work permit and visa, the embassy will surely deny me because i dont have any experience for supervisory at all.

my experience in food attendant for two years would be enough to prove that i am qualified for that position?is there any way i can convince the embassy that the position suits me? pls help....just need some advise pls.... i have the LMO and job letter from my employer now....tanx
You'll be fine if you prepare the application properly. Include all training certificates you may have received when you were working as a food counter attendant for this employer. Also get the employer to write you a letter of reference detailing why you have been chosen for this position. They have actual history of working with you so can provide compelling reasons why they want to promote you to a supervisory role. Include the employer's business card with this letter and have them also indicate that they would be happy to discuss this offer of employment and reference letter further if necessary.

ariane97ph

Mar 1, 2011
thank you very much guys for the info. ...really... my sincere thanks to you all....im hoping to have a positive response from the embassy. to tell you honestly, my employer hired a consultant just to make sure everything will be ok but it cost him a lot...so he decided to pull out the assistance from the consultant....by the way, aside from that two year experience from this employer, i also gain a 3 years experience in food from my country..hope that they will approve my application....again thank you very much to all of you especially to "konghe" may god bless us all