+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Make a safe landing

canada_pr_wanted

Apr 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Answering this thread will help many people like me

Hi There,

I am planning to make my landing some time in October and wish to hear procedure involved and necessary steps to take in order to make safe landing - I mean avoiding long wait to get the passport stamped

can some one also clarify

1 : Do we need to inform the officer about the Exact address where we will be staying ?
2 : How long does it take to get the SIN number ? do we get it at the point of arrival or do we need to contact Service Canada ?
3 : How long does it take to get drivers license (G2) , if you already have a 1 yr drivers license in other country (with no penalties)
4 : How long does it take to get Ontario Health card ?
5 : What are the average rent prices per single person in Toronto ?
6 : What is the typical monthly expenses for single person in Toronto and also in other places.
7 : If you are given Landing in Toronto , but you wish to stay in Winnipeg , how does it work out - You take flight to Toronto and report to officials, get your passport stamped and they fly back immediately to winnipeg or you need to stay in Toronto for 3 months (or until you get Physical PR card and they fly to Winniepeg ?)
8 : What are the best places to get employment in IT industry ? and what are the avg salaries for a person with 2 yrs experience as System Administrator ?
9 : Does officers ask you to provide proof of funds at the time of landing ?
10 : What are all the typical questions you will be asked at the time of landing ?

Please let me know.

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Answering this thread will help many people like me

Hi There,

I am planning to make my landing some time in October and wish to hear procedure involved and necessary steps to take in order to make safe landing - I mean avoiding long wait to get the passport stamped

can some one also clarify

1 : Do we need to inform the officer about the Exact address where we will be staying ?
No. The officer won't even ask you where you will live. He may ask you for your address to update your file so that the PR card can be shipped to you.

2 : How long does it take to get the SIN number ? do we get it at the point of arrival or do we need to contact Service Canada ?
It is given immediately after you documents are entered in the system. You can either get the SIN number at the airport, if your are flying in or at service canada. No need for a appointment. However, if you go early in the morning its better as later it gets crowded, depending which city you are in.

3 : How long does it take to get drivers license (G2) , if you already have a 1 yr drivers license in other country (with no penalties)
Will depend from provide to province. See the respective website of the province you are looking to settle.

4 : How long does it take to get Ontario Health card ?
3 months after you resister with Ontario health. So its better to have private insurance for 3 months especially if you have kids.

5 : What are the average rent prices per single person in Toronto ?
Depends from which area you are in.

6 : What is the typical monthly expenses for single person in Toronto and also in other places.
Depends from which area you are in and your lifestyle. Also if you have a car and other amenities.

7 : If you are given Landing in Toronto , but you wish to stay in Winnipeg , how does it work out - You take flight to Toronto and report to officials, get your passport stamped and they fly back immediately to winnipeg or you need to stay in Toronto for 3 months (or until you get Physical PR card and they fly to Winniepeg ?)
As soon as you land, you become a PR and as a PR you have a constitutional right to live in any part of Canada you want, including Quebec. However, if you are a PNP, then you will have to stay in the nominating province.

8 : What are the best places to get employment in IT industry ? and what are the avg salaries for a person with 2 yrs experience as System Administrator ?
See Linkedin and ask other people in your field.

9 : Does officers ask you to provide proof of funds at the time of landing ?
Not always, but they may ask. So always carry all your documents you submitted with your application. PoF is usually asked. You can carry the same statements you submitted. No need to have cash or traveller's check, just PROOF of FUNDS.

10 : What are all the typical questions you will be asked at the time of landing ?
The one that you see on COPR, will be ask.

Crime
Change in family composition
Medical

Thanks all

Please let me know.

Thanks

Reactions: canada_pr_wanted

canada_pr_wanted

Apr 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks legal falcon

I would really appreciate other's opinions aswell, the more info we have the easier it is for us to preparing for smooth settlement

atgeo

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
31-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2018
Interesting questions. Concerning carrying documents we submitted with our application during landing, do we need to get updated versions such as for the PoF and PC?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Interesting questions. Concerning carrying documents we submitted with our application during landing, do we need to get updated versions such as for the PoF and PC?
No not required. The ones you submitted with the application are enough.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I submitted "0" as proof of Funds - Since I am CEC

Will they still ask me to provide proof of funds - $10k at the port of entry ?
As a CSE you are exempt from PoF.

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
As a CSE you are exempt from PoF.
My employer (govt contractual) will not be happy if I leave. Even the colleagues will be jealous and try to do harm. If I give notice I am sure they will create an unhealthy environment. Can anyone help

1) What will happen if I leave without notice and send them resignation after landing?
2) If I give notice can they in any case stop me from going to Canada? Also I do have a clean record.

Please help. Thanks

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My employer (govt contractual) will not be happy if I leave. Even the colleagues will be jealous and try to do harm. If I give notice I am sure they will create an unhealthy environment. Can anyone help

1) What will happen if I leave without notice and send them resignation after landing?
2) If I give notice can they in any case stop me from going to Canada? Also I do have a clean record.

Please help. Thanks
1) In this case you should not ask for a letter of recommendation. This is probably not the smartest thing to do and may make your job search difficult in Canada.

2) They cannot do anything except incite you to do something that might harm your immigration process, like commit a crime.

Reactions: etcoflife

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
1) In this case you should not ask for a letter of recommendation. This is probably not the smartest thing to do and may make your job search difficult in Canada.

2) They cannot do anything except incite you to do something that might harm your immigration process, like commit a crime.
Thanks buddy !

Berty3000

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017

Long shot, but couldn't somebody maliciously report a fraudulent application to CIC to disrupt his process? Presumably CIC would then be obliged to investigate?

Berty3000

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
What is the significance of the SIN number? Is it to enable a person to apply for jobs? Is the health service a separate thing that needs to be signed up to by province?

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Long shot, but couldn't somebody maliciously report a fraudulent application to CIC to disrupt his process? Presumably CIC would then be obliged to investigate?
Yes, however, IRCC is already investigating the individual. So someone reporting the application generally as fraudulent without mentioning the specific fraud alleged would probably have little credibility.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the significance of the SIN number? Is it to enable a person to apply for jobs? Is the health service a separate thing that needs to be signed up to by province?
SIN is used for employment and to access some welfare benefits (employment insurance, parental leave, disability, etc). The SIN is administered by the federal government.

Healthcare is administered at the provincial level in Canada. So if you move to a new province, you will need to apply for a new health card, and usually serve a 3 month waiting period.

You don't need a SIN to apply for a health card and you don't need a health card to apply for SIN.