+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO LINK AN APPLICATION TO CIC ACCOUNT - STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Alright we'll keep trying we already have our Sponsor GCKey account and our PA GCKey account ready but cant find any applications to link when we search using the steps in this thread.

Maybe by Monday the applications will reflect on the system.

I'll let you guys know if I'm successful. Thank you!
Sometimes it takes a while. Keep trying. I have also heard of people calling CIC up to assist in finding the application on Gckey which they did successfully so maybe another option as last resort I guess

analoo

May 21, 2019
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-04-2019
In the "Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application" enter 2 if you are sponsoring a partner with no dependents, and enter 2+number_of_dependents if you are also sponsoring any dependents (your or your partner's kids).
Attention! Even though in the form IMM0008 you entered 1 as a number of family members including in the application (or 1 + number_of_dependents), you need to enter 2 when linking an application. I believe this is the most major issue people struggle with. Please make sure you entered 2 (and +1 per dependent if you have any).
THANK YOU SO MUCH for this information!! Nobody, nobody mentioned that before. I was able to link my app in a second this time.

Reactions: alaria

cmp13

Star Member
May 31, 2019
I was finally able to link my PA's PR application to my account. Is there a way to link my Sponsorship application as well?

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Is there a way to link my Sponsorship application as well?
No, it can't be linked. But don't worry, SA is a very short process and it doesn't contain any steps. It's basically just a trigger "approved", that's it.

Reactions: cmp13

Luthien

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
We have three children who are Canadian citizens so I did not include them as dependents. That means that I still say that the total number is 2, right? I have not successfully linked my application yet. :(

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
I have been waiting for update from embassy of Canada, Mexico since March 12, 2019(AOR2). My application received September 6, 2018. Literally been zero communication now. My CIC application login shows no update.

I recently discovered GC Keys. Will my lawyer be using GCKeys to check on latest update? Or will Mexico send them an email for any request? I see a lot of September application already getting PPR from the forums and I'm still waiting for aleast "some update".

I never got Sponsor approval letter, maybe it was sent to my lawyer and they never sent it to me, we don't even know if my wife passed medical exam which was finished in January 2019. Applicant is from Venezuela. Both first time marriage and same age. Known each other for almost 5 years 2 and 1/2 years of marriage.

sjgreen1965

Jun 28, 2019
St. Petersburg, Russia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
File Transfer...
28-02-2019
Med's Request
02-20-2019
Med's Done....
02-26-2019
Passport Req..
23-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2019
LANDED..........
16-01-2020
I am having so many problems trying to link the application for my wife's residence permit to a GCKEY account. It is her account, we put in all information as it is in the documents we sent but nothing works. We have followed all the tips and even contacted support but nothing works. The strange thing is we have received documents that have her UCI in the form 1234-5678, my UCI is very different. On the site, when you have to put the UCI in, it shows you the format should be 1234-5678 but when we put her number in, it gives an error and says the number is not valid. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

True1986

Jul 26, 2017
How can we link our application if we only have AOR1 and the UCI of the Sponsor NOT the PA. Do we have to wait for the PA to receive his UCI in AOR2 if I'm not mistaken?

By the way we just received the AOR1 today so maybe there is a delay in the system reflecting the details?

Thanks
when did yu subbmited your file ?

sjgreen1965

Jun 28, 2019
St. Petersburg, Russia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
File Transfer...
28-02-2019
Med's Request
02-20-2019
Med's Done....
02-26-2019
Passport Req..
23-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2019
LANDED..........
16-01-2020
I am having so many problems trying to link the application for my wife's residence permit to a GCKEY account. It is her account, we put in all information as it is in the documents we sent but nothing works. We have followed all the tips and even contacted support but nothing works. The strange thing is we have received documents that have her UCI in the form 1234-5678, my UCI is very different. On the site, when you have to put the UCI in, it shows you the format should be 1234-5678 but when we put her number in, it gives an error and says the number is not valid. Has anyone experienced anything similar?
I finally managed to link our application. It was so frustrating, so many things were possible to change a little bit. I finally used the simplest information and succeeded. The only part that was off a bit was my wife's passport number, in her passport and in the documents we sent, it was xx xxxxxx, with a space after the first 2 numbers, but to get the file to link, we had to remove the space.

canadiantams

Apr 16, 2019
Just seen this after I posted a thread- Not sure how to delete mine- but I will reply to this so it moves up on the forum.

This thread did not come up in my search - I got this from the April 2019 Outland group.

Thank you for creating- super helpful. ;-)

Reactions: Eveslm

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Just seen this after I posted a thread- Not sure how to delete mine- but I will reply to this so it moves up on the forum.

This thread did not come up in my search - I got this from the April 2019 Outland group.

Thank you for creating- super helpful. ;-)
You are very welcome :) happy to help.

Johnny1025

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
been trying to link for the past month and nothing works...also i only get about 3 tries before it say i exceeded the number of attempt

malimu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Ottawa
I have Revenue Canada online sign in credentials meaning LOG IN user name as well as password.

Can i use these same for filing for my GF visitor visa extension application and the attachments such as supporting documents and if so is there a facility there for immigration stuff?

and in 12 months apply for common law spouse application using the same method? Pls advise