+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to improve CSR score from 404 to over 450?

Vivek_lk

May 22, 2016
Hi guys,

I've finally gotten everything on track for skilled worker visa application, but I've a problem.

My initial points comes to 68, but my CSR is 404. I read a lot to understand that the minimum score that was hired on average was just over 450. I need to improve my score because I unfortunately got only one shot at this immigration I've saved up enough for the application and the settlement cost.

I'd appreciate if anyone could help me with some tips to get the score I require. Also, if someone could explain the nominee programs, I'd be grateful. Do I need to have a job offer or not, for the nominee program?

My details:

Age 23, education bachelor's in business, 2 years experience (currently head of marketing and PR), IELTS 7 in all bands and 8 in listening.

Applying for 1123 or 1226 which are marketing professionals or event planners because my experience lies on those two. Also, I don't have adaptability points because I've never been to canada before.

If I missed anything, do let me know.

Thanks in advance

SergeSD

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2018
Hi Vivek,

First off, don't obsess about the score. Whether it's low or high will be determined by how early you want to move to Canada. The lowest one since January 2015 was 450, but according to a IRCC official on YouTube, they expect to lower scores and increase the number of invitations starting in October this year. If you're willing to wait a few months, you could be in Canada next year.

You should be happy, you're extremely young and have a decent amount of points for that factor. If you can consider resitting the IELTS, that will boost your score a bit. As you acquire more experience, you'll gain more points. Is French an option? I don't see the need unless you are absolutely sure that you'll score the maximum.

Then the nomination programs are left: A lot of them are closed now, but you need to check them out individually to see which one(s) fit(s) your needs. Some of them have options for workers abroad without Canadian experience. Some others are exclusively for people already in the country.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp

Be patient, your time will come. Keep focused on keeping your job and saving money.

Stay positive!

Serge