+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get Family Reunification Letter from IRCC

DianeD

Feb 22, 2018
I have just mailed today - thank you for this thread otherwise I would've struggled to find this.

Lets see how long mine takes. Our Visa's and Passports came back today and we have already booked our flights from the 10th December however I had a niggling feeling that something may go sour. Thank the Lord i googled and then saw we would have a problem getting our children through.

I am praying hard we get an answer in 2wks time at most.

utojamepark

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
I got reply within 5 days, and they requested additional info and they replied me in 3 days. Very fast! I got approve for whole family
congrats! May I ask you what reasoning did you include in the email that you want to travel with you family who are on visitor visas? I am on student visa (with SP) and would like to bring my spouse (visitor visa also) with me. I am not sure what to write to make it sound 'essential travel'. My spouse wants to go to Canada first and apply for SOWP within but I am not sure if I should include it in the email because isn't it contradicting the purpose of the visitor visa?

And is this the email address you contacted them? thanks
IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Last edited:
Reactions: Sanjar718

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
congrats! May I ask you what reasoning did you include in the email that you want to travel with you family who are on visitor visas? I am on student visa (with SP) and would like to bring my spouse (visitor visa also) with me. I am not sure what to write to make it sound 'essential travel'. My spouse wants to go to Canada first and apply for SOWP within but I am not sure if I should include it in the email because isn't it contradicting the purpose of the visitor visa?

And is this the email address you contacted them? thanks
IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
That's the correct email.

If your spouse has a visitor visa, I don't think you need to mention about the plan to get a SOWP. The reason that I placed in my request is that we have a strong family bond and my family should be with me when I travel for school, which was the plan all along that's why I included them in my application.

shipping

Oct 5, 2017
May I understand international student can only fly himself, no other family member can go together?

utojamepark

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
May I understand international student can only fly himself, no other family member can go together?
yes family members can tag along with no authorization letter needed, it's written on the ircc website
If they travel with you
They don’t need a written authorization from IRCC to travel with you. However, they must show that their reasons for travel are non-discretionary (non-optional). For example, they’ll help you get established and support you in Canada.