+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get Family Reunification Letter from IRCC

Kiras

Apr 29, 2020
Hi there , i just have a question me and my real sister in canada we both on work permit . I just came to my home country and i want to bring my mother to canada with me she has a vistor visa . Could you tell me what the process , does i need a letter from ircc . Please reply me ASAP . I am very thankful to you guys

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there , i just have a question me and my real sister in canada we both on work permit . I just came to my home country and i want to bring my mother to canada with me she has a vistor visa . Could you tell me what the process , does i need a letter from ircc . Please reply me ASAP . I am very thankful to you guys
She needs written authorization to travel since you are on a work permit. Also if approved, budget for quarantine period.

GordonMaxwell

Jul 30, 2019
FINALLY Got an email address, hopefully this will help other people too.

Request for an authority to travel

ircc.covid-travelexemptions-exemptionsdevoyage-covid.ircc@cic.gc.ca

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

1. Does everyone receive a response to their request?
No, you will receive a response only if you need a written authorization from IRCC to travel or if you are exempt from a travel restrictions and wish to inform us you have a visitor visa application in process. Any other type of enquiries will not be answered.

2. How do I know if I need a written authorization from IRCC? Visit our website to confirm if it is required in your situation. See below the most common situations where a written authorization is not necessary. If you are:

• A Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident returning to Canada
  • an immediate family member of a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or a person registered under Canada’s Indian Act
  • an immediate family member of a temporary resident travelling from the United States
  • If you already have a Public Health Agency of Canada letter for a compassionate travel and already hold valid visitor visa or eTA or do not require one
If you are in one of the above situations, you do not need to wait for a response. Visit our website to see the most up-to-date instructions to plan your travel.

3. How do I make sure I sent a complete request? Consult the chart on the next page below to make sure all the required information was included in your email.

4. I just realized I forgot to include some documents, can I send another email? Yes, but make sure you gather all the required information and supporting documents (initial and new) and send them all in one new email only. If you send us multiple emails with different information, your request will be delayed and may be refused.

5. Once my complete request is sent, should I send another email to follow-up on my request? No, there is no need to send another request. If you received this automatic response, you can rest assured that we received your request. We understand your need for making travel arrangements but we are working through the requests as quickly as possible. If you have sent a complete request and need a written authorization, there is no need to worry, we will respond as soon as we reach your request.

6. Can my family member in Canada send the request on my behalf? If you are a foreign national wishing to come to Canada, you should send your own request and include the email address associated with your IRCC account, if you have one. If a request comes from a different email address we cannot respond unless you provide a Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form to authorize the person to act on your behalf.

Information to include in your request based on your situation

If you are a foreign national who is:
Description
Information to include in your emailDocuments to include in your email

An immediate family member of a Temporary Resident (temporary worker, student, etc.) traveling from any other country than the United States

Immediate family member
  • Spouse or common-law partner
  • Dependent children
  • Dependent children of dependent children
  • Parents or step-parents
  • Parents or step-parents of spouse or common-law partner
  • Guardian or tutor
*Your full name
*Your date of birth
*Your passport number
*Your detailed purpose of visit
*The country where you currently live
*Your relationship to the person in Canada
*The status of your family member in Canada (worker, student, etc.)

*A copy of the immigration status document of your family member in Canada (copy of their work permit, student permit, etc.)

*Proof of relationship with your immediate family member in Canada (copy of a marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc.)

*Do not include personal photos

An extended family member of a Canadian Citizen, a Permanent Resident or a person registered under Canada’s Indian Act travelling from any country

Extended family member
  • An individual who is 18 years old or older, in an exclusive dating relationship with the person (who is also 18 years of age or older), has been in such a relationship for at least one year and has spent time in the physical presence of the person during the course of the relationship
  • The dependent child of the person in an exclusive dating relationship
  • An adult child (non-dependent child) of the person, of their spouse or common-law partner or of the person in the exclusive dating relationship
  • A grandchild (dependent child of a non-dependent child) of the person, of the person’s spouse, of the person’s common-law partner, or of someone who is in an exclusive dating relationship with the person
  • A sibling, half-sibling or step-sibling of the person or of the person’s spouse or common-law partner
  • A grandparent of the person or of the person’s spouse or common-law partner

*Your full name
*Your date of birth
*Your passport number
*Your relationship with your family member in Canada
*The status of your family member in Canada (Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, a person registered under Canada’s Indian Act)
*A signed and completed Application for authorization and statutory declaration (IMM 0006)

*A copy of a government issued document showing the status of your family member in Canada (e.g. Canadian Passport, Permanent Resident Card,
secure certificate of Indian status, certificate of Indian status or temporary confirmation of registration document (TCRD))

We hope this information was useful. We appreciate your patience as we make all the necessary efforts to finalize your request as soon as possible.

For more information on who can travel to Canada, please visit our website.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

LorLor

Jul 27, 2020
Jamaica
Category........
STUDY
FINALLY Got an email address, hopefully this will help other people too.

Request for an authority to travel

ircc.covid-travelexemptions-exemptionsdevoyage-covid.ircc@cic.gc.ca

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

1. Does everyone receive a response to their request?
No, you will receive a response only if you need a written authorization from IRCC to travel or if you are exempt from a travel restrictions and wish to inform us you have a visitor visa application in process. Any other type of enquiries will not be answered.

2. How do I know if I need a written authorization from IRCC? Visit our website to confirm if it is required in your situation. See below the most common situations where a written authorization is not necessary. If you are:

• A Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident returning to Canada
  • an immediate family member of a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or a person registered under Canada’s Indian Act
  • an immediate family member of a temporary resident travelling from the United States
  • If you already have a Public Health Agency of Canada letter for a compassionate travel and already hold valid visitor visa or eTA or do not require one
If you are in one of the above situations, you do not need to wait for a response. Visit our website to see the most up-to-date instructions to plan your travel.

3. How do I make sure I sent a complete request? Consult the chart on the next page below to make sure all the required information was included in your email.

4. I just realized I forgot to include some documents, can I send another email? Yes, but make sure you gather all the required information and supporting documents (initial and new) and send them all in one new email only. If you send us multiple emails with different information, your request will be delayed and may be refused.

5. Once my complete request is sent, should I send another email to follow-up on my request? No, there is no need to send another request. If you received this automatic response, you can rest assured that we received your request. We understand your need for making travel arrangements but we are working through the requests as quickly as possible. If you have sent a complete request and need a written authorization, there is no need to worry, we will respond as soon as we reach your request.

6. Can my family member in Canada send the request on my behalf? If you are a foreign national wishing to come to Canada, you should send your own request and include the email address associated with your IRCC account, if you have one. If a request comes from a different email address we cannot respond unless you provide a Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form to authorize the person to act on your behalf.

Information to include in your request based on your situation

If you are a foreign national who is:
Description
Information to include in your emailDocuments to include in your email

An immediate family member of a Temporary Resident (temporary worker, student, etc.) traveling from any other country than the United States

Immediate family member
  • Spouse or common-law partner
  • Dependent children
  • Dependent children of dependent children
  • Parents or step-parents
  • Parents or step-parents of spouse or common-law partner
  • Guardian or tutor
*Your full name
*Your date of birth
*Your passport number
*Your relationship to the person in Canada
*The status of your family member in Canada (worker, student, etc.)

*A copy of the immigration status document of your family member in Canada (copy of their work permit, student permit, etc.)

*Proof of relationship with your immediate family member in Canada (copy of a marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc.)

An extended family member of a Canadian Citizen, a Permanent Resident or a person registered under Canada’s Indian Act travelling from any country

Extended family member
  • An individual who is 18 years old or older, in an exclusive dating relationship with the person (who is also 18 years of age or older), has been in such a relationship for at least one year and has spent time in the physical presence of the person during the course of the relationship
  • The dependent child of the person in an exclusive dating relationship
  • An adult child (non-dependent child) of the person, of their spouse or common-law partner or of the person in the exclusive dating relationship
  • A grandchild (dependent child of a non-dependent child) of the person, of the person’s spouse, of the person’s common-law partner, or of someone who is in an exclusive dating relationship with the person
  • A sibling, half-sibling or step-sibling of the person or of the person’s spouse or common-law partner
  • A grandparent of the person or of the person’s spouse or common-law partner
*Your full name
*Your date of birth
*Your passport number
*Your relationship with your family member in Canada
*The status of your family member in Canada (Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, a person registered under Canada’s Indian Act)
*A signed and completed Application for authorization and statutory declaration (IMM 0006)

*A copy of a government issued document showing the status of your family member in Canada (e.g. Canadian Passport, Permanent Resident Card,
secure certificate of Indian status, certificate of Indian status or temporary confirmation of registration document (TCRD))

We hope this information was useful. We appreciate your patience as we make all the necessary efforts to finalize your request as soon as possible.

For more information on who can travel to Canada, please visit our website.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Yes this is where I sent the request for exemption. Ensure you include the info requested.