Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
mlam said:
Hi all,

If we are able to get the letter from our licensing office in our home country (Philippines) is it still advisable to get an international drivers permit?
Hi,

If you want to drive immediately in Canada then you should get it otherwise not required...

Thanks,

arun786

Mar 13, 2014
Hi All

Please guide me that my passport is from Punjab(India) and my driving license is from Chandigarh(India), now license authority of Chandigarh is denied to make my international driving license so what I need to do now.

Rgds
Arun 786

nvln

Mar 14, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Hopefully will be waived....!!
arun786 said:
Hi All

Please guide me that my passport is from Punjab(India) and my driving license is from Chandigarh(India), now license authority of Chandigarh is denied to make my international driving license so what I need to do now.

Rgds
Arun 786
International Driving Permit (IDP) is issued by the RTO that has issued the Driving License. Please approach them. In any case, IDP is not a prerequisite. What you need in Canada for Driving Licence conversion (from Indian Driving Licence to Canadian Driving Licence) are two documents:

(1) your Indian Driving Licence (only Card format. If you have paper based Driving Licence, please get that converted into Card)

And

(2) Driving Licence Extract (DL Extract).

Both (1) and (2) can be obtained from the RTO that has issued your Licence.

Regards.
NVLN.

arun786

Mar 13, 2014
Thanks NVLN

That's mean I don't required IDL/IDP, Driving Experience

Authentication of License is enough to get G license

nvln

Mar 14, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Hopefully will be waived....!!
arun786 said:
Thanks NVLN

That's mean I don't required IDL/IDP, Driving Experience

Authentication of License is enough to get G license
Hi Arun786,

No. It is not compulsory to have IDP, as mentioned in my previous response.

Regards.
NVLN.

luckycheeks

Jun 21, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2013
AOR Received.
PER Received: 07-08-2013
IELTS Request
Isinama na sa application
File Transfer...
April 2, 2014
Med's Request
April 17, 2014
Med's Done....
April 24, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
June 17, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 18, 2014
LANDED..........
Oct. 3, 2014
mlam said:
Hi all,

If we are able to get the letter from our licensing office in our home country (Philippines) is it still advisable to get an international drivers permit?
Hi mlam,
good morning. im a fellow fswp 2013 visa holder. nakakuha ka na po ng certification from LTO? Paano? thanks in advance. :)

Samnov

Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
Doc's Request.
04.12.2013 additional doc requested 22.05.2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Hi guys,
I will land soon in Toronto. Regarding my drivers license I have a question. My drivers license is in Russian and issued from 1989, when I try to make a Canadian one should I translate it and where can I do it?

Hera_86

Jan 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/ london transfer end of feb.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-9-2011
Doc's Request.
Dec-4-2013
AOR Received.
1st Feb-2012
File Transfer...
1st Feb-2012
Med's Request
Jan 30 2014
Med's Done....
19th-Oct-2011/ 5-feb-2014
Interview........
17 th june 2014
Passport Req..
ppr1 june- 27-14, ppr2 8-jul-14
VISA ISSUED...
23rd-july-2014
fukrey said:
what is DL extract, is it like history?
Hello,

As i have no experience in drivng so when i will land in Canada will they not allow me to start my teaining immediately?

One more thing is 1 month experience cosidered ?
Anther questipn is can i make a license or noc without any experience just to gwt atleast g1 license.?
I am from khi, pakistan?
Pls help me.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hera_86 said:
Hello,

As i have no experience in drivng so when i will land in Canada will they not allow me to start my teaining immediately?

One more thing is 1 month experience cosidered ?
Anther questipn is can i make a license or noc without any experience just to gwt atleast g1 license.?
I am from khi, pakistan?
Pls help me.
According to https://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/exchange-foreign-drivers-licence if you have a foreign license and less than 2 years driving experience, you will be allowed to take the written exam and G1 road test and will get a G2 license. After one year, you can take the G2 road test and get a full license.

If you arrive in Canada completely without a license, you can take the written exam and get a G1 license which is a learners permit and does not allow you to drive alone. You would have to wait a year until you can take the G1 road test to get a G2 license. This 1 year waiting period can be shortened to 8 months if you attend a driving school.

Hera_86

Jan 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/ london transfer end of feb.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-9-2011
Doc's Request.
Dec-4-2013
AOR Received.
1st Feb-2012
File Transfer...
1st Feb-2012
Med's Request
Jan 30 2014
Med's Done....
19th-Oct-2011/ 5-feb-2014
Interview........
17 th june 2014
Passport Req..
ppr1 june- 27-14, ppr2 8-jul-14
VISA ISSUED...
23rd-july-2014
Leon said:
According to https://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/exchange-foreign-drivers-licence if you have a foreign license and less than 2 years driving experience, you will be allowed to take the written exam and G1 road test and will get a G2 license. After one year, you can take the G2 road test and get a full license.

If you arrive in Canada completely without a license, you can take the written exam and get a G1 license which is a learners permit and does not allow you to drive alone. You would have to wait a year until you can take the G1 road test to get a G2 license. This 1 year waiting period can be shortened to 8 months if you attend a driving school.
Ok thank you soo much

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
Dear friends, glad to share that I passed my G road test and believe me it was a piece of cake. Full marks to my instructor who guided me so nicely. If someone is appearing recently from GTA, and needs a real honest instructor, let me know.

jawad1879

Jan 7, 2013
United Arab Emirates Abu Dhabi DL

Dear All,

I need a help.

I have Abu Dhabi driving licensee for more than 5 years. i went many police stations and HQ in Abu Dhabi but no one knows whats experience certificate and they just gave me one letter only mentioning my DL # showing no fines in Arabic . I translated in UAE but now DLA in ON asked me letter that must show date of issue etc. Please help me if some one had from Abu Dhabi and share me the format so that i show to police in Abudhabi.
I will inbox my email address if some one wants to help me :)

Thanks and looking forwarding response from great people of this channel.

Regards!!

jawad1879

Jan 7, 2013
qorax said:
Yes, u can. But the DL holder has to present himself @ the counter. Or the company PRO can do the needful on behalf of the holder (in that case he needs to carry the original DL).

Qorax
Dear All,

I need a help.

I have Abu Dhabi driving licensee for more than 5 years. i went many police stations and HQ in Abu Dhabi but no one knows whats experience certificate and they just gave me one letter only mentioning my DL # showing no fines in Arabic . I translated in UAE but now DLA in ON asked me letter that must show date of issue etc. Please help me if some one had from Abu Dhabi and share me the format so that i show to police in Abudhabi.
I will inbox my email address if some one wants to help me :)

Thanks and looking forwarding response from great people of this channel.

Regards!!