+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Get Canadian Driving License -for Newcomers

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For Delhi License holders

You may apply for your Driving License particulars by paying a fee of INR 50 to licensing authority. They issue a certificate which has the details of your DL. Hope this would be help in getting DL at Canada

rajeevnagill

Feb 3, 2011
Chd
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2010
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
10-03-2010
Med's Request
19-01-2011
Med's Done....
31-01-2011
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
19-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-6-2011
LANDED..........
19-9-2011
Dear Qorax

My landlord in brampton advised me not to take knowledge test at brampton, bcoz they are very strict in recognizing your foreign driving experience even after you produce a letter of verification from RTO. They said you have to get it verified from the High Commission of India in Canada. And you now our high commission. what should I do?

my landlord suggest me to take knowledge test out of brampton city like in orangeville, or in etobicoke.

With Regards

Rajeev

kan2008

Feb 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March, 2011
AOR Received.
July 14, 2011
File Transfer...
August 14, 2011
Med's Request
March, 08, 2013, Received April 08, 2013
Med's Done....
March 26, 2013
Interview........
Feb 04, 2013
Passport Req..
PPR1: September 02, 2013, PPR2: October 30, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-November, 2013
Hi:

You do not need to go out of brampton. Take the letter from your high commission and present it at any test centre. If you do not have letter from the high commission then then they usually give you only 1 year driving expereicne credit. But if you have the letter from the high commisiion give you full credit.

rajeevnagill said:
Dear Qorax

My landlord in brampton advised me not to take knowledge test at brampton, bcoz they are very strict in recognizing your foreign driving experience even after you produce a letter of verification from RTO. They said you have to get it verified from the High Commission of India in Canada. And you now our high commission. what should I do?

my landlord suggest me to take knowledge test out of brampton city like in orangeville, or in etobicoke.

With Regards

Rajeev

rajeevnagill

Feb 3, 2011
Chd
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2010
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
10-03-2010
Med's Request
19-01-2011
Med's Done....
31-01-2011
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
19-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-6-2011
LANDED..........
19-9-2011
Hi Kan2008

Will the High Commission do it? I think Indian High Commission will not do the verification or they need more time (approx. 20-30 days) to get it verified from the issuing authority in India.

With Regards

Rajeev

kan2008 said:
Hi:

You do not need to go out of brampton. Take the letter from your high commission and present it at any test centre. If you do not have letter from the high commission then then they usually give you only 1 year driving expereicne credit. But if you have the letter from the high commisiion give you full credit.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rajeevnagill said:
Dear Qorax

With Regards

Rajeev
Your landlord is partially correct... having a huge Indian populace in Brampton -- the Queen's DriveTest office is known to be a bit finicky at times with drab looking LOAs from [many] Indian RTOs. However, if docs r perfectly alright - it shouldn't be a cause to worry.

Member Deeaar here had recently produced his docs at the same office [Brampton] > proceeded taking his tests & cleared his "direct 'G' test" in one attempt.

Qorax
Ps.: And he didn't take his docs to any consulate for re-Attestation.

dr.ravipati

Aug 28, 2008
helo,

i understand u and ur husband are physiotherapists practicing in India, few things i need to know about u ur age, financial status and english skills. i tell u y i asked u all these.. i am already PR, i had been to Canada last may stayed for 2 months came back in july to india. Jobs are never easy in Canada, coz the population of Canada is just under 3.2 crore, this is a fair indication that.. less population---less generation of jobs is a simple logic... but in usa its different close to 30 crore population... so more jobs. Canada job market is so ridiculous coz they never advertise on the net or in print media, so u have to find social connections and then knock the employer door when u get a lead from someone. So this is time consuming and laborious, and the funds u take with u from india mean while get exhausted,this creates enormous tension. Even survival jobs are tough to get because they look for experience and how does one get experience unless the employer employs u. This is like chick comes first or egg. now if ur young u can take the pressure for more years till u get a job, if ur english is good ur better placed and ir u hav enough funds u can support till u get a job.. thas y i asked u the first 3 questions and now u decide wht to do..

M2C

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi qorax!

sent you a PM. hope you can reply.

thanks and God bless.

M2C

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
How to obtain Ontario Driving License
with our Home Country's D/License

Step-1 -Before we 'Land':
1. We must obtain a 'Letter of Authentication'* from the country's Roads & Transport Authority, explaining** our D/License.
2. Take also a 'True Translation Copy'* of our D/License from Road & Transport Authority. Both 1 & 2 maybe clubbed in one.
3. Obtain an International Driving License/Permit*** (IDL / IDP).
stating "more than 24 months" driving experience in our country.
*In English or French, the 2 Canadian Official Languages.
**The explanation should include 24 or 12 months driving experience [the Pre-conditions will apply].
***This is nothing but a translated copy of our present D/license. (it can be used in lieu of point-1 & 2 above).

Qorax

hi qorax!

please disregard my PM to you. as it turns out, i can get an international driver's license in the philippines. like you rightfully said here, it will be a translated copy of my present driver's license.

i would just like to clarify though: if i get the international driver's license, there is really no need for the 'letter of authentication' and 'true translation copy'? the international driver's license is all i need to apply for a G2 license?

sorry but i just want to be sure than sorry. ;D

jon_dza

Apr 29, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, lots of useful information in here. I am already in Canada but need to get the letter from the RTO in India where my license was issued in order to get an Alberta license.

Does anyone have any experience on how you can get that letter without spending $2000.00 to fly over and get it in person? My license is from Mapusa, Goa in India and was issued in 2007.

Thanks.

jiteng02

Dec 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Scotland
NOC Code......
Dear Qorax,

Please tell how to get a G2 driving license in Toronto, Ontario on an Indian driving license.

For how long is an International Driving License issued by Indian States is valid in Canada, whether there is an agreement between two countries or not?

If Indian driving License is not valid to get G2 in Canada, whats the procedure then, kindly explain in detail.

Thanks in advance

Jitender Verma

kan2008

Feb 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March, 2011
AOR Received.
July 14, 2011
File Transfer...
August 14, 2011
Med's Request
March, 08, 2013, Received April 08, 2013
Med's Done....
March 26, 2013
Interview........
Feb 04, 2013
Passport Req..
PPR1: September 02, 2013, PPR2: October 30, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-November, 2013
Hi Jitender Verma:

go to this link you will find all your questions answered.

http://www.drivetest.ca/en/faq/FAQ.aspx#16

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fireguy said:
Hi seniors,
Is there a way to get a copy of the driver's handbook online?
Thanks
The webpage below contains the driver's handbook for BC, titled "Learn to drive smart". Click the chapters under topic to download your free copy:

http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/getting-licensed/pass-veh/roadsense-drivers