+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get an authorization letter from IRCC? WP is approved.

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
what do you mean by onboarding remotely? and working remotely?

I am not coming from USA, I have no social security number. and I am not working remotely. I will work at the office once quarantine is completed.

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
what do you mean by onboarding remotely? and working remotely?

I am not coming from USA, I have no social security number. and I am not working remotely. I will work at the office once quarantine is completed.
I was thinking if you can use SSN and work permit to onboard remotely with the HR. IDK if SSN can be issued as soon as you get your work permit, it used to be like this.

ash_pratap

Jul 13, 2020
Hey @RnDtech , are you in tech? Software industry? Also, I think having a letter form the employer and a valid permit, visa is enough to travel. You should probably work with your lawyer to create a quarantine plan.

Reactions: RnDtech

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
r&d scientist position,hardware. i applied gts on my own after my employer sent me lmia.

is work visa,quarantine plan,and having a letter from employer saying they are open etc. enough to enter to canada?

is the letter of introduction or port of entry mandatory to enter to canada? I heard some airlines dont allow if you dont have letter of introduction from ircc..

if you could clarify on this, that would be really appreciated and helpful. thanks a lot.

ash_pratap

Jul 13, 2020
r&d scientist position,hardware. i applied gts on my own after my employer sent me lmia.

is work visa,quarantine plan,and having a letter from employer saying they are open etc. enough to enter to canada?

is the letter of introduction or port of entry mandatory to enter to canada? I heard some airlines dont allow if you dont have letter of introduction from ircc..

if you could clarify on this, that would be really appreciated and helpful. thanks a lot.
Thanks for the reply. Not a hundred percent sure about the letter of introduction but my lawyer did talk about this earlier that they would get me a letter from the company stating that I am working and my start date and stuff. Not sure how this would be different from the offer letter but in your case, I assume that the offer letter you used to apply for the visa might have already passed. So I would say get a letter for the company if you can. Having more documentation would only be better. All the very best.

Reactions: RnDtech

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
Thanks for the reply. Not a hundred percent sure about the letter of introduction but my lawyer did talk about this earlier that they would get me a letter from the company stating that I am working and my start date and stuff. Not sure how this would be different from the offer letter but in your case, I assume that the offer letter you used to apply for the visa might have already passed. So I would say get a letter for the company if you can. Having more documentation would only be better. All the very best.
thank you for reply. yes, I will ask the employer to send me a letter about starting date, the fact that once self isolation is over I can work at office.

please let us know here if you happen to know whether we must have letter of introduction or port of entry from ircc. best wishes.

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
oh thought Sept 1 haha. You have your LOI for WP correct? How about the authorization Letter from IRCC? did you still ask for it?

rohtak

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
@RnDtech

Hi RnDtech,

Please share your experience, also did your spouse/kids travel along with you
I am looking for documentation needed for them ( as WP holders are clearly exempted but not there dependents)

Thanks

Bhoomika2701

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hey Pals,
there is a lot of confusion around authority letter. My husband is stuck in India due to COVID with an open work permit. I am working in Canada. The IRCC hasn't shared the authority letter yet. Do you guys have any information

rohtak

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Hey Pals,
there is a lot of confusion around authority letter. My husband is stuck in India due to COVID with an open work permit. I am working in Canada. The IRCC hasn't shared the authority letter yet. Do you guys have any information
When did u request authorization Letter- they say 5 days is turnaround time...

Bhoomika2701

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
When did u request authorization Letter- they say 5 days is turnaround time...
Thankyou for responding.
30th Sep via email. I guess they have 5 business day as an ETA and also their twitter site did mention of late response. At this time , we just do not have any clarity on what is happening.