+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to find whether my WP is GSS?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah we signed it, but LMIA letter wasn’t there or is it like it has to be there? Our employer sent the documents through their company web portal. I don’t know whether the letter went unnoticed by me.
You need to see the LMIA and all documentation to know what you have signed off on. You should not sign without reviewing it.

mandydias

Star Member
Apr 2, 2022
If you don’t need an LMIA, you will be eligible for two-week processing if you meet all of these requirements:

• you are applying from outside Canada
  • your job is either skill type 0 (managerial) or skill level A (professional) in the National Occupational Classification system
  • your employer has submitted an offer of employment using the Employer Portal and paid the employer compliance fee
You need to qualify for all 3 points to be eligible for GSS processing which is now taking 65-70 days to process

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you don’t need an LMIA, you will be eligible for two-week processing if you meet all of these requirements:

• you are applying from outside Canada
  • your job is either skill type 0 (managerial) or skill level A (professional) in the National Occupational Classification system
  • your employer has submitted an offer of employment using the Employer Portal and paid the employer compliance fee
You need to qualify for all 3 points to be eligible for GSS processing which is now taking 65-70 days to process
That is for LMIA-exemptions such as ICT. For LMIA (not exemption), you need to meet all the requirements:

Workers who require an LMIA
Workers who require an LMIA qualify for 2-week processing if they meet all of these requirements:

• They’re applying from outside Canada.
  • The employer has a positive LMIA through the Global Talent Stream of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (this is on the LMIA decision letter).
That is why I asked OP if the employer applied through GTS.

May 21, 2022
That is for LMIA-exemptions such as ICT. For LMIA (not exemption), you need to meet all the requirements:

Workers who require an LMIA
Workers who require an LMIA qualify for 2-week processing if they meet all of these requirements:

• They’re applying from outside Canada.
  • The employer has a positive LMIA through the Global Talent Stream of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (this is on the LMIA decision letter).
That is why I asked OP if the employer applied through GTS.
Well looks like the 2 week processing was long back or something. Now I am sure there are a lot of backlogs. When I checked in Feb, they would show GTS backlog and in feb 2022 they were looking at October 2021 applications . So looks like a 4 month period for GTS from that number if the pace is still the same.

Kathy081021

May 28, 2022
Well looks like the 2 week processing was long back or something. Now I am sure there are a lot of backlogs. When I checked in Feb, they would show GTS backlog and in feb 2022 they were looking at October 2021 applications . So looks like a 4 month period for GTS from that number if the pace is still the same.
Do you know someone who got PPR within 4 months once ircc started looking into their application? My application is in the stage where it shows, Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Do you think I will be getting my PPR soon? I applied from India on 8th October 2021.

May 21, 2022
Do you know someone who got PPR within 4 months once ircc started looking into their application? My application is in the stage where it shows, Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Do you think I will be getting my PPR soon? I applied from India on 8th October 2021.
I personally do not know for any recent case this year. But one of my friend applied last year and got it within 4 months.

Which NOC is your application? I am sure, yours will be updated soon. Mine was submitted in feb 2022 only so looks like mine will take more time. Do keep us updated with your process.

Kathy081021

May 28, 2022
I personally do not know for any recent case this year. But one of my friend applied last year and got it within 4 months.

Which NOC is your application? I am sure, yours will be updated soon. Mine was submitted in feb 2022 only so looks like mine will take more time. Do keep us updated with your process.
Mine is NOC 5241 type B. Sure I will update my progress. Did you apply from India?