+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to find a job in Canada before you arrive (Pre-arrival employment resources)

ibarnard

Oct 26, 2016

The Canadian government has funded special employment programs for soon-to-be immigrants that help you find a job in Canada before you leave your home country.

CanPrep is a free specialized employment program designed for internationally trained individuals relocating to Canada in the next two to 12 months. Offered completely online, you start preparing for employment before arriving in Canada. You’ll learn how to conduct a job search in Canada, participate in online mentoring, learn how to be successful in the Canadian workplace, gain understanding of your industry or sector in Canada, connect with employers and apply for jobs.

Many program graduates find jobs in their new province before their date of arrival in Canada.

CanPrep is one of many pre-arrival programs available: you can find a full list of pre-arrival employment programs by Googling:

"Get help before arriving in Canada – Pre-arrival services"

Pre-arrival programs like CanPrep will help you find a career in Canada if you have:

• An approved Canadian immigrant visa
  • Plans to relocate to Canada in the next two to 12 months
  • Ability to write and communicate in English or French

You can apply online to a pre-arrival employment program of your choice.

joesimple01

Nov 16, 2016
I went to the website and it seems to serve the Toronto area only. Is that right? Also is this a government run program or is this a privately run one? Any fees involved?

Reactions: dotsil

ibarnard

Oct 26, 2016
CanPrep will help you find a job anywhere in Canada - the team are based in Toronto, but will connect you with professional mentors and employers in every province of the country.

CanPrep is a program run by a non-profit organization which is funded by the Government of Canada. There are no fees - due to public funding, their services are completely free.

m_nancy

Dec 3, 2016
Hi,

I am from India and waiting for my IELTS result post which i can create my EOI. Please send me the link for CanPrep. In need of a job(Software Developer - 6yrs experienced) before i get to Canada.

Thanks.

eijaz.pardhan

Feb 22, 2015
That's a great initiative by the Canadian govt. I want to that can I do this program? As I come under the category of those who have to do high school. I have a 4yrs of experience in search engine optimization and online marketing and in email correspondence as well as in content writing.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
m_nancy said:
Hi,

I am from India and waiting for my IELTS result post which i can create my EOI. Please send me the link for CanPrep. In need of a job(Software Developer - 6yrs experienced) before i get to Canada.

Thanks.
You need to have PR or COPR before you can register with them.

RDSMS

Feb 27, 2017
I have received an ita and have submitted the required docs and received an AOR too. Will I be eligible to register here. Since this is through the Express entry it should be less than 12 months that I would receive my PR.

anindita15

Jun 5, 2017
Hi,
I have received my PR few days back and now looking for job. I have an experience of 4years of experience in design & product development and 4.5 years of experience in Bidding & tendering Management for EPC projects.
I am currently pursuing my MBA (1year full time) in Operations & Supply chain Management which will get over this December. Apart from this I am a Master degree holder in Mechanical System Design.
I have the following querries:
a. Which provinces are suitable for me?
b. What kind of job roles I can expect?
c. Are there any employment agencies who can help me with arranging interviews, so that I can have a job before I can land in Canada?

Will be of great help if anybody can answer them.

Thanking in advance

With best Regards
Anindita Majumdar

Victor diaz

Jan 30, 2018
I am currently an owner of a fast food wagon and not having much luck with that. I know I can do better for my Family and myself having bilingual skills for over 30 yrs. I would like to apply under the semi skilled worker province program. Note. I am a do it all kind of guy except electrical skills only basic. THANK YOU
Victor Diaz

Victor diaz

Jan 30, 2018
I am currently an owner of a fast food wagon and not having much luck with that. I know I can do better for my Family and myself having bilingual skills for over 30 yrs. I would like to apply under the semi skilled worker province program. Note. I am a do it all kind of guy except electrical skills only basic. THANK YOU
Victor Diaz
Ps. Where do I send my resume to ?

mohamedsamer

Feb 25, 2018
Hi,
I just created my Expree Entry profile. Unfortunately my score is 307 only.
how do I get a job offer in Canada to increase my score?

Thanks,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I just created my Expree Entry profile. Unfortunately my score is 307 only.
how do I get a job offer in Canada to increase my score?

Thanks,
It's next to impossible to secure a job offer in Canada since the fast majority of employers aren't willing to go through the LMIA process.

You should focus on other ways of improving your score - like retaking IELTS to achieve more points. Forget about getting a job offer...

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Just a heads-up to those asking the OP for a job, pre-arrival services like CanPrep are not a job placement agency. They are employment pre-arrival services available to those who already applied, already received AOR, have an application in place, and received a UCI number from IRCC. Some services even require that you receive a pre-arrival services invitation letter, some others just need the UCI number.

Pre-arrival services (like CanPrep) can't help you find a job - or with anything else - if you haven't applied. It's not a recruitment agency. And like a previous poster said, it is extremely hard to receive a job offer from a Canadian employer if you are not already here as a permanent resident or with an open work permit.