+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to extend visitor permit of dependent family members?

samanta60

Sep 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
IELTS Request
19-02-2017
File Transfer...
23-02-2017
Med's Done....
25-02-2017 (BG IP: 25-02-2017, BG NA: 09-03-2017, BG IP2: 25-03-2017)
Hi guys

I am working in Canada on IEC work permit which expires in 10 months. As you may know, IEC program does not allow you to get status (visitor permit or whatever) for your family members (you are supposed to have no accompanying family members while on IEC).

I also have a closed work permit (related to my previous employer) which will expire at the end of March (in few weeks). My spouse and child have visitor permits which we applied for, along with my old closed work permit. So their visitor permits will also expire in few weeks too.

We are in PR process, but who knows if we will receive PR before the expiry of the visitor permits.

My question is how can I extend the visitor permits for my spouse and child. I cannot apply for them based on my IEC obviously. I guess I am not eligible for BOWP either, beause my IEC wp expires not in less that 4 months.

Does anyone know if and how we could apply to renew the visitor permits? We don't have much time till the expiry. Can we apply online? Then what do we apply for and based on what? Should we go to US border and get visitor status there? Is that even possible?

My child needs to continue going to school.

I would appreciate any help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
samanta60 said:
We are in PR process, but who knows if we will receive PR before the expiry of the visitor permits.

My question is how can I extend the visitor permits for my spouse and child. I cannot apply for them based on my IEC obviously. I guess I am not eligible for BOWP either, beause my IEC wp expires not in less that 4 months.

Does anyone know if and how we could apply to renew the visitor permits? We don't have much time till the expiry. Can we apply online? Then what do we apply for and based on what? Should we go to US border and get visitor status there? Is that even possible?
Easily found on the website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp.