+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to convince the officer my husband and I will come back

Sarah1996

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Hello friends.

I’m really in need of help.
I’m from Iran. I’m going to apply for a study visa for myself and open work permit for my husband at the same time.
We haven’t been to any other countries but I have sisters and my mom who lives alone here after my father died.
We have a house and a car here as our property.
Right now I’m working and i might be able to take a letter from my boss which mentions there will be a job position for me after i come.

Now what do u think? Are they sufficient for the officer to accept me and my husband’s visas?

I will be really thankful for any help.

Mona-liisa

Jun 3, 2019
Yes,i think that will be sufficient as long as you provide proof that this pproperties are really yours like upload proof of ownership and the letter from your job will really be helpful. Try not to apply for your husbands work permit now, it will look suspicious.
Thanks

Reactions: Sarah1996

Sarah1996

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Yes,i think that will be sufficient as long as you provide proof that this pproperties are really yours like upload proof of ownership and the letter from your job will really be helpful. Try not to apply for your husbands work permit now, it will look suspicious.
Thanks
Thanks alot.
But I can’t leave him here.
I won’t go unless he can come with me at the same time.
Do u think it will be hard if we apply for him too?
Even with all thoes documents I’m going to add?

Sarah1996

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Whai if my husband can get a job offer from our country that shows after my studying he wil come back here to work?

Porya MohSo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
You both should apply at the same time. I don't know why that would be suspicious.

The things you mentioned should be enough to convince someone that you have a life back in Iran. I don't think this should be your biggest concern. Don't forget that Canada is in need of skilled workers.

Mona-liisa

Jun 3, 2019
Sorry dear i was only giving my ideas based on my understanding. However, i do agree you apply both same time but you apply for your study permit and he apply for Temporary Residence and if it is granted then he will apply for Open Work Permit later, ( i suggest you don t apply for his work permit now).

Sarah1996

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
You both should apply at the same time. I don't know why that would be suspicious.

The things you mentioned should be enough to convince someone that you have a life back in Iran. I don't think this should be your biggest concern. Don't forget that Canada is in need of skilled workers.
Thanks.
I hope so.
Cause we’re going to pay a lawyer and we have to pay other fees so i want it to be successful.
And as i heard there are many cases like this which were rejected i start to worry.

Porya MohSo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Thanks.
I hope so.
Cause we’re going to pay a lawyer and we have to pay other fees so i want it to be successful.
And as i heard there are many cases like this which were rejected i start to worry.
Cases are not rejected for no reason. If you two meet all the requirements and you submit all required documents than you should be fine.

Sarah1996

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Sorry dear i was only giving my ideas based on my understanding. However, i do agree you apply both same time but you apply for your study permit and he apply for Temporary Residence and if it is granted then he will apply for Open Work Permit later, ( i suggest you don t apply for his work permit now).
No problem.
How’s that possible?
I mean temporary residence?
Cause everyone says as a companion he has to apply for work permit.

Sarah1996

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Cases are not rejected for no reason. If you two meet all the requirements and you submit all required documents than you should be fine.
Yeah it must be like that.
Some people say it’s a bit more difficult for iranian to get a visa,I don’t know why.

Mona-liisa

Jun 3, 2019
I think the lawyer will be helful in this case. They deal with lots of scenarios like this.
Your husband may appply for work permit too at the same time.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

Sarah1996

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Here’s the statistics from the IRCC by country by refugee asylum claims for 2018
Go down to Iran
That’s why

https://irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/statistics/protection/Pages/RPDStat2018.aspx

If a country has high asylum claims of course it’s going to be more difficult to get a visa
People get a visa, once here , many claim asylum
Oh,I’ve just seen it and really don’t have anything to say about it. :|
What is your suggestion for us?
Cause we’re applying as a couple ,it is more likely to be rejected.
I don’t know what else we should add to our documents to prove we’ll come back.
All of my family is here,our house,car.
Even i can get a job offer from here.
Do you think these don’t work?
Should we buy a round ticket? Can this help?