+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to convince the CIC that one is coming back.

Sep 22, 2013
Hello All,

Top of the day to us all.

I am a prospective student seeking admission into a Canadian university for an MBA, and I have taken out time to study the myriads of previous posts on this forum, which borders on same. However, my major headache remains how I can put up an application that would convince the Visa officer that I shall be coming back to my country after the program, eventhough really, having a PR in Canada won't definitely be a bad idea :D.

I would appreciate opinions and suggestions in this regard.

God bless you all as you contribute. Yes! You and you, God bless you.

SINGH_KING

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
don't know much, but you can mention about your family relations in your home country (in SOP), about property , and how your selected course can help you in your home country... in number of Jobs.

wait for another replies from senior and expert members ...

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
The Future is Now said:
Hello All,

Top of the day to us all.

I am a prospective student seeking admission into a Canadian university for an MBA, and I have taken out time to study the myriads of previous posts on this forum, which borders on same. However, my major headache remains how I can put up an application that would convince the Visa officer that I shall be coming back to my country after the program, eventhough really, having a PR in Canada won't definitely be a bad idea :D.

I would appreciate opinions and suggestions in this regard.

God bless you all as you contribute. Yes! You and you, God bless you.
A Complete Future Plan is What they Need from You. Give them that Plan That How will you Use your Canadian Degree In your Home Country.
Plus Mention in your SOP that you will Support your Family in your home Country after you are done with your studies. Thats All :)

starlettedouze

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
If you are currently employed, it would help if you can get a letter stating a job is waiting for you when you return from your studies.

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
You have to make a solid case and convince the visa officer that you have so many reasons to go back to your home country:

-Proof that you have immediate family staying in your home country
-Proof that you are financially stable and are going to Canada to PRIMARILY study
-Proof that you have valuable assets in your home country (property, businesses, etc.)
-Proof that you have a job waiting for you when you come back
-Proof that you are studying in-line with your future goals/career

In the end, your bottom line should be: I will go back to my home country after studying in Canada.

Sep 22, 2013
My esteemed contributors, I appreciate the informed responses I have read so far. God bless you all.

However, the list of "Proofs" seem daunting to me. Must I come up with ALL these proofs? :eek: What If I am only able to come up with:

- Proof of financial Stability;
- Proof of having family members in my home country; and
- Proof of studying in line with my career goals.

Would these be sufficient?

Because presently, I have no assets (Except I have to start buying shares). and getting any letter guaranteeing a job for me is also impossible, and using any fake document to proof this would be grossly unethical and unthinkable.

starlettedouze

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Just come up with whatever documentation that you have such as what you have listed and write a strong SOP. As the decision solely lies on the visa officer, there are no guarantees. Best we can do is to prepare well.

Goodluck!

RAJA304

Jul 28, 2013
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
starlettedouze said:
Just come up with whatever documentation that you have such as what you have listed and write a strong SOP. As the decision solely lies on the visa officer, there are no guarantees. Best we can do is to prepare well.

Goodluck!
Do u hv any sample of strong sop?
If yes than mail me on v.raja24@gmail.com

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Of course you don't have to present all of them, just show what you readily have upon the time that you apply. It's understandable since all applicants have different backgrounds. I was just providing a list of what you can present to give a strong case to the Visa Officer, it doesn't mean you will be denied automatically if you missed out on one.

SOP stands for Statement of Purpose. For study permits, it's interchangeable with the term Personal Study Plan. It's basically a formal letter written to The Consul that elaborates on your reasons for applying and why you are coming back to your home country after studying in Canada (reasons may be one of, but not limited to, those that I listed). Since in most countries, there are no interviews made by the High Consul/Embassy, this the chance for applicants to explain what is not evidenced by their supporting documents.

Again, circumstances vary for each person. Don't worry too much; just explain clearly and concisely.

eyadinuae

May 18, 2013
Can you Please update this thread here .. It is very important to know how to prove or convince the officer that you come back home ..
Defiantly I will ..
But what They want exactly !!!!
:-\

fulloptionn

Jul 13, 2017
Hello All
I am new to this forum and wish to share my condition with you for deliberation. I am from Nigeria but temporarily living in Germany for the past 3 years as a student and have recently applied for a study permit with all relevant documentation. I have Two working position waiting for here in Germany for which the employment certificate was attached to my application.
I will like to know if it's safe to tell the Visa officer that I will return to Germany instead of my home country, will it be a problem?
I have been rejected once because the visa officer wasn't convinced that I will leave Canada at the end of my study. please let me know what you think !!!!!!