+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Contact MP

amir_e

Feb 13, 2022
Hi all
I applied for citizenship in June 2021 (online application) until today there has been NO progress on my application except taking the test.
I would like to understand what is happening with my application and I read on the forum that I can contact my MP to contact IRCC. My questions are:

- how should I contact the MP?Just send him an email?
- does anyone has an email template I can use? I am not so good in writing

Thank you so much

237mota

Star Member
Jan 12, 2022
Hi all
I applied for citizenship in June 2021 (online application) until today there has been NO progress on my application except taking the test.
I would like to understand what is happening with my application and I read on the forum that I can contact my MP to contact IRCC. My questions are:

Thank you so much
@amir_e check the link below. Just enter your postal code.

https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en

Regards

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Don't bother - you'll get a cookie cutter response. All they'll do is have an intern call them for status and pass that back to you. They won't do anything to push IRCC to process it.

237mota

Star Member
Jan 12, 2022
Don't bother - you'll get a cookie cutter response. All they'll do is have an intern call them for status and pass that back to you. They won't do anything to push IRCC to process it.
@americanidiot in my case it did help because I received the interview invitation after contacting my MP. The MP gave me the interview date even before I received they email from IRCC. My opinion is that contacting your MP might work for you.
Regards

Reactions: armoured

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
@americanidiot in my case it did help because I received the interview invitation after contacting my MP. The MP gave me the interview date even before I received they email from IRCC. My opinion is that contacting your MP might work for you.
Regards
YMMV then, good that they came through for you. Mine had an intern call up IRCC and relay the same message I could see on the online tracker. So she wasted my time, the intern's time, and the IRCC call centre's time. She's a useless MP anyway but also a dinosaur that's been around forever. Can't wait for her to be kicked out the next election.

rishisingh86

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
sorry that it didnt work out for you. In my case, the application progressed based on the intervention from my MP. I applied 3 years ago

rishisingh86

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hi all

Thank you so much
check your message

amir_e

Feb 13, 2022
Can anyone help me with the format of the message to send to the MP? Thank you all so much

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Can anyone help me with the format of the message to send to the MP? Thank you all so much
email them and go to their office...
Also, try applying for GCMS notes. That might help more than your MP cause an officer actually sits down and look at your file.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
This is what I used.

Dear MP ABC,

I am writing to request for your help in finding out the status of my application for Canadian citizenship.

I applied vide Application No. C000000000 in mmm yyyy. In mmm yyyy, I received notification that my application has been received and it is in process. I was called for the citizenship test and interview on dd mmm yyy. I passed the exam but during the interview, I was asked to submit some additional documents which I did in mmm yyyy.

After that there has been no further update. Some time last year, I submitted a request under Access to Information and received notes that IRCC has received my documents and that it continues to be 'In Process'.

I was hoping you would be able to request IRCC on my behalf for an update on my application and timelines, if any, for closure.

Please let me know if you need any other information regarding the application. For the record my legal name is Habib Akbar Shah, which appears on my application.

Thank you.

XYZ
1234 Any Street
City PR
A1B 2C3

Reactions: cherylc522