+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to contact MP office?

gayathri1090

Apr 20, 2016
Hi all,

Has anybody contacted the MP office recently and got a positive response? What is the best way to reach them?
Our family citizenship application is in process, with no updates since April. Meanwhile, our PR cards expired months back, and we applied for card renewal online. One of us got the card, while the other hasn't received the PR card, nor did we get any acknowledgement of receipt.
We have a travel plan coming up soon.
With No pr card and no idea about the citizenship process, it is very tough for us now.
So I am thinking of getting in touch with the MP office. Kindly help if any of you have any ideas.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi all,

Has anybody contacted the MP office recently and got a positive response? What is the best way to reach them?
Our family citizenship application is in process, with no updates since April. Meanwhile, our PR cards expired months back, and we applied for card renewal online. One of us got the card, while the other hasn't received the PR card, nor did we get any acknowledgement of receipt.
We have a travel plan coming up soon.
With No pr card and no idea about the citizenship process, it is very tough for us now.
So I am thinking of getting in touch with the MP office. Kindly help if any of you have any ideas.
https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en

Search using the postal code and in Contact section you will get the email

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
MP might help, but it might take a few weeks to go through the process with them.

If you haven't done this yet, I would call IRCC and ask if they have your PR renewal application number. That means that they officially "recieved" the application, but for some reason forgot to send you the AOR. Using this number, you can tie this application to your IRCC account.
You can also ask about the status and if they know what is holding it up, but I wouldn't hold your breath for anything useful.

Telling them that you have travel coming up probably won't help. In my experience, they suggest either applying for urgent processing of PR renewal, or applying for a PRTD from the country that you travel to.
Nobody knows how long PRTD takes, so that is a bit of a risky path unless you're ok with staying abroad for a few months.
Urgent processing may be a good idea though, as long as you can qualify for it. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html