+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to confirm if bio-metric received

Nitz verma001

Apr 21, 2019
Hi Briyana,
My sister sponsored me for visitor visa and she applied from canada throgh an agent and my file was submitted on 27th march. I received biometrics request and was done with my biometrics on 5th April. On 8th april, i received mail from vfs office with tracking number deciaion enveloped has been sent to vac office. Till now i have received no update and when my sister asks from the agent in canada about my file, they reply its in process. Kindly advise what can i do to check status of my file.
Thank you.

Nik&27

Apr 13, 2019
Hi Briyana,
My sister sponsored me for visitor visa and she applied from canada throgh an agent and my file was submitted on 27th march. I received biometrics request and was done with my biometrics on 5th April. On 8th april, i received mail from vfs office with tracking number deciaion enveloped has been sent to vac office. Till now i have received no update and when my sister asks from the agent in canada about my file, they reply its in process. Kindly advise what can i do to check status of my file.
Thank you.
Where do u live?

Last edited:

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I applied through agent .he said ur background check is in process. No any other update since 27 Feb.
Did he or you sent a CSE using the webform ? Did you get a reply?

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
Hi Bryanna,

Thanks for your support, you are write its VAC I just called it visa office, I know the different now.

I actually contacted them first and they said contact the embassy because they did their part, the strange thing when I was talking to the VAC they asked me for a biometric tracking number? they did not provide me one, they give me a sticker has biometric ID but there is no tracking number.

Now the embassy says we didnt get it and the VAC says we sent it. What do you think if I raise a complain on IRCC website ? this might upset the visa officer but if they dont get the biometric they will decline my visa anyways right ?
Exactly.Same thing happened with me.They gave me a sticker with bio id.Now when I call vac they askfor tracking no They told to mail embassy to find out the solution.My biometric is not updated even after 3 months.Though my numbers are reflected there .My agent has mailed them.Lets see!

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
Hey how did u manage to get ur tracking no .Whom did u mail and what info of urs did u give to them.When u track ur applicatio using that no what is the result?
Thanks
Hi Bryanna,

Thanks for your support, you are write its VAC I just called it visa office, I know the different now.

I actually contacted them first and they said contact the embassy because they did their part, the strange thing when I was talking to the VAC they asked me for a biometric tracking number? they did not provide me one, they give me a sticker has biometric ID but there is no tracking number.

Now the embassy says we didnt get it and the VAC says we sent it. What do you think if I raise a complain on IRCC website ? this might upset the visa officer but if they dont get the biometric they will decline my visa anyways right ?