+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to check LMIA letter

Mirda08

Feb 8, 2022
Someone has promised me a job in Canada. However, they say that they will process all the documents within Canada, i.e., LMIA, & work permit for me. Is that possible or am I being scammed? One more thing, I have to pay them after getting visa

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Someone has promised me a job in Canada. However, they say that they will process all the documents within Canada, i.e., LMIA, & work permit for me. Is that possible or am I being scammed? One more thing, I have to pay them after getting visa
What do you mean within Canada. The employer files for a LMIA and pays $1k, then waits. Once LMIA is approved, you apply for closed work permit. What do you have to pay? What is the job offer and NOC?

Mirda08

Feb 8, 2022
What do you mean within Canada. The employer files for a LMIA and pays $1k, then waits. Once LMIA is approved, you apply for closed work permit. What do you have to pay? What is the job offer and NOC?
After getting visa I have to pay $1K which paid by employer. Employer will files for a LMIA.

Mirda08

Feb 8, 2022
I have seen in another website. Someone said...….

Yes, it is possible but not a visa. the only way to give you visa are you applying at the Embassy and qualify for it. That qualification will be based on your interview and/or paperwork. No one can offer you Visa from Canada.

Although not entirely scam there are a group of people who run a legitimate business but do illegitimate work

Example Mr. X run a company and need’s to hire a chief. Now he is to advertise for the job in the local paper. He/she will interview people. The goal of the interview is not to find the qualified people but to disqualify the person. To ensure a person will disqualify they will put a requirement that is hard to find. Example Job seeker must speak X, Y Language and have X, Y skills.

Once you can’t find one or have a sufficient number of people disqualify, you then request for LMIA asking for permission to apply for someone from overseas.

It is now easy to get LMIA for this type of group. They know exactly how to set the requirement that no Canadian will qualify.

Once they get LMIA then they contact their counterpart in overseas. Who will then advertise locally for the position? Agency will then charge a handsome amount to the candidate to apply with that LMIA.

These are all pre-planned.

For example, I want to set up a garment business between Canada and Bangladesh and I need to hire a business manager who knows English, Garments Industry. Both are available in Canada. Then few additional requirements - seeking someone with Local Bangladeshi contact in Garments Industry, knows the Bangladesh garments procedure and government law, etc. This is where most local in Canada will get disqualified, so it is easy to get LMIA approved.

Now again don’t forget, these are legit companies seeking legit employee. They just make extra bucks by charging the candidate which is wrong.

So is it scam maybe if asked for money in advance. But if they say they will charge money once the visa is approved, then they will ask you for the money. then it may not be a scam (though ethically wrong) but it was all planned in advanced.

If one does not pay after getting Visa, all the employer have to do is cancel the job offer, let the CIC knows that they no longer need that employee. So even if the individual does fly to Canada, they will be denied entry at the border or Airport. So most candidate will pay a huge amount at the time of getting their Visa.

So be careful

Mirda08

Feb 8, 2022
I have seen in another website. Someone said...….

Yes, it is possible but not a visa. the only way to give you visa are you applying at the Embassy and qualify for it. That qualification will be based on your interview and/or paperwork. No one can offer you Visa from Canada.

Although not entirely scam there are a group of people who run a legitimate business but do illegitimate work

Example Mr. X run a company and need’s to hire a chief. Now he is to advertise for the job in the local paper. He/she will interview people. The goal of the interview is not to find the qualified people but to disqualify the person. To ensure a person will disqualify they will put a requirement that is hard to find. Example Job seeker must speak X, Y Language and have X, Y skills.

Once you can’t find one or have a sufficient number of people disqualify, you then request for LMIA asking for permission to apply for someone from overseas.

It is now easy to get LMIA for this type of group. They know exactly how to set the requirement that no Canadian will qualify.

Once they get LMIA then they contact their counterpart in overseas. Who will then advertise locally for the position? Agency will then charge a handsome amount to the candidate to apply with that LMIA.

These are all pre-planned.

For example, I want to set up a garment business between Canada and Bangladesh and I need to hire a business manager who knows English, Garments Industry. Both are available in Canada. Then few additional requirements - seeking someone with Local Bangladeshi contact in Garments Industry, knows the Bangladesh garments procedure and government law, etc. This is where most local in Canada will get disqualified, so it is easy to get LMIA approved.

Now again don’t forget, these are legit companies seeking legit employee. They just make extra bucks by charging the candidate which is wrong.

So is it scam maybe if asked for money in advance. But if they say they will charge money once the visa is approved, then they will ask you for the money. then it may not be a scam (though ethically wrong) but it was all planned in advanced.

If one does not pay after getting Visa, all the employer have to do is cancel the job offer, let the CIC knows that they no longer need that employee. So even if the individual does fly to Canada, they will be denied entry at the border or Airport. So most candidate will pay a huge amount at the time of getting their Visa.

So be careful
Maybe these kind of things happen in India, Pakistan & Bangladesh.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How check
- If they are asking you for money, then it is fake.
- If they are offering to pay for your flight, accommodations or food, then it is fake.
- If they are saying there is urgency in applying, then it is fake.
- If you are worried it might be fake, then it's almost certainly fake.

Post the full job offer letter here and we can easily tell you if it is fake or not.

Kumore

Mar 15, 2022
I have an offer letter and LMIA for a security guard position in a hotel, and the consultant wants me to pay him 1500$ so that he can procces my visa is this real or fake

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have an offer letter and LMIA for a security guard position in a hotel, and the consultant wants me to pay him 1500$ so that he can procces my visa is this real or fake
It's fake and a scam.

Sankar. M

Mar 16, 2022
Hi,
I receive Lmia documents numbers I below mention pls check replay original or fake.

Applications no #2022-06-29
Noc code :8876
System file no 3UC1WKRV0105369