russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Why are you asking? Did you have an interview?. Did you just GET a job? Post the job offer letter with the name of the company. We can't tell without any information like that.

inder.online

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi Friends, Need some advice here. One of my friend's prospective employer has filed for LMIA application since 11 weeks and there is no update.
The employer sent a followup request , even that it not responded. What are the options for the Employer to get some feedback on the application.
The Employer is in Ontario, is there any website to see what is the current processing time for LMIA Applications ?
My friend has NOC Code 2171 and Information System Analyst Role

param.holla

Apr 1, 2019
Hi Guys,

I recently was contacted by a Software Consultancy in Canada, they interviewed me Technically and released the offer letter for the role of Java Full Stack developer. Wanted to check how you decide on the legitimacy of such an offer?

Any pointers to check it myself using their LIMA number or any alternate way?

thanks in advance.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi Guys,

I recently was contacted by a Software Consultancy in Canada, they interviewed me Technically and released the offer letter for the role of Java Full Stack developer. Wanted to check how you decide on the legitimacy of such an offer?

Any pointers to check it myself using their LIMA number or any alternate way?

thanks in advance.
As always, please post your job offer letter here with your personal information removed from it and then we can advise.

param.holla

Apr 1, 2019
Thanks for your reply,
Unfortunately its in PDF and this website is not taking any screenshot to be uploaded. I tried updating one screenshot, Please let me know if its visible?

Else, ill convert it into word document and send it to you?

As always, please post your job offer letter here with your personal information removed from it and then we can advise.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your reply,
Unfortunately its in PDF and this website is not taking any screenshot to be uploaded. I tried updating one screenshot, Please let me know if its visible?

Else, ill convert it into word document and send it to you?
It's not visible unfortunately.

Does it offer to cover airfare and/or accommodations and/or food? How many weeks of vacation per year?

param.holla

Apr 1, 2019
No, They said i have to apply and pay for them for all on my own and once i join there they will reimburse in the first month's salary. PFB

This letter sets out the terms and conditions of your employment in this position as follows:

1. You will be paid at the rate of $XXX per annum (“Base Salary”) in 24 semi-monthly payments (regular hourly rate of $XX.XX6), effective May 1, 2019, less applicable statutory deductions and withholdings, which will be reviewed after twelve months, and thereafter there will be an annual salary review.

2. In addition to your Base Salary, you will be entitled the followings:

a) Disability, Medical and Dental benefits – Any British Columbia Medical Services Plan costs will be reimbursed, and Extended Group Insurance will be provided via a reputable private insurance provider
b) Coverage through WorkSafeBC in case you suffer a work-related injury or illness;
c) Reimbursement of your expenses related to the Work Permit Application, Medical Examination, travel, travel insurance and your first 2 days of accommodation in Canada.

It's not visible unfortunately.

Does it offer to cover airfare and/or accommodations and/or food? How many weeks of vacation per year?

param.holla

Apr 1, 2019
Also for vacation:

5. For purposes of vacation entitlement, you will be credited with (1) year upon commencement of your employment, which shall be prorated based on the start date of employment. Based on the Company's current vacation policy and as agreed with you, you will be entitled to take 12 days of vacation per year. You shall schedule leave at such times that are consistent with the reasonable business needs of the Company. Any vacation not used in a calendar year may not be used during a subsequent period. Normally we expect employees not to take vacation during their probationary period, but we are willing to discuss exceptions to this general rule.

Up to 1 week (5 days) of unpaid vacation may be taken from time to time, and shall be scheduled at such times that are consistent with the reasonable business needs of the company.

6. You will work an average of 40 hours per week. The distribution of these hours will be decided in consultation with the Company. It is understood that the hours of work may vary and be irregular. You are compensated for work time that exceeds 40 hours at a rate of $XX.00 per hour provided that overtime work is approved in advance by the Company.

Thanks in advance.

No, They said i have to apply and pay for them for all on my own and once i join there they will reimburse in the first month's salary. PFB

This letter sets out the terms and conditions of your employment in this position as follows:

1. You will be paid at the rate of $XXX per annum (“Base Salary”) in 24 semi-monthly payments (regular hourly rate of $XX.XX6), effective May 1, 2019, less applicable statutory deductions and withholdings, which will be reviewed after twelve months, and thereafter there will be an annual salary review.

2. In addition to your Base Salary, you will be entitled the followings:

a) Disability, Medical and Dental benefits – Any British Columbia Medical Services Plan costs will be reimbursed, and Extended Group Insurance will be provided via a reputable private insurance provider
b) Coverage through WorkSafeBC in case you suffer a work-related injury or illness;
c) Reimbursement of your expenses related to the Work Permit Application, Medical Examination, travel, travel insurance and your first 2 days of accommodation in Canada.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Did they actually put $XX for salary or are you hiding the salary. A good indication of it being real or fake would be if the salary is ridiculously high (or low). Also, to say you will be paid in 24 Semi-Monthly payments is not how it is said in Canada. Usually said, you are paid Bi-Weekly. But again, unless you post the full offer here we cannot say for sure.

param.holla

Apr 1, 2019
Yes i was hiding the salary. They are paying $80k per annum at 39$ per hour basis.

Offer letter is around 6 pages and i am afraid i dont have any way to send screenshot here. Let me paste the entire content?

Did they actually put $XX for salary or are you hiding the salary. A good indication of it being real or fake would be if the salary is ridiculously high (or low). Also, to say you will be paid in 24 Semi-Monthly payments is not how it is said in Canada. Usually said, you are paid Bi-Weekly. But again, unless you post the full offer here we cannot say for sure.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
It's looking like it might actually be a genuine offer, based solely on the information posted here. No ridiculous "sweeteners".
If they are expecting you to deal directly with IRCC and not via some "diplomat" or "barrister" etc, you might be ok.

Reactions: k.h.p.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
It's looking like it might actually be a genuine offer, based solely on the information posted here. No ridiculous "sweeteners".
If they are expecting you to deal directly with IRCC and not via some "diplomat" or "barrister" etc, you might be ok.
I agree, the salary looks fitting with the job and no offers of free feeding, air tickets etc. The only thing that I think that is not the correct wording is for the 24 bi-monthly payments, but the rest seems fine in my opinion.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013