Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Sing0370 said:
Hi,
I am navjot kaur. I got visitor visa this august for 8 years. I arrived canada in the beginning of the September. Then I thought about starting study here hence, i have attempted ielts tests for twice but couldn't score as my requirement. Now i am wondering if I am eligible to apply for a work permit? My husband is a student for the last 5 years. I don't know how to apply for work permit for me as i am on a visitor visa.
And do i need to go back to india after 6 months? As i am not sure about this because my visa is more than 6 months,which is for 8 years from now.

You can apply for a spouse work permit. See below:

Your spouse or common-law partner may apply for a work permit if:
•you are a full-time student at: ◦a public post-secondary institution, such as a college or university or collège d’enseignement général et professionnel (CEGEP) in Quebec
◦a private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as a public institution, and receives at least 50 percent of its financing for its overall operations from government grants (currently, only private college-level educational institutions in Quebec qualify) or
◦a Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees
•you have a valid study permit

And yes you'll have to go back for 6 months or before the date that is on your passport which the border service officer gave you before you entered Canada.

tajinder107

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
ms navjot kaur you can only stay maximum of 6 months .than you will have to file for visa extension.8 year visa allows you to enter exit in 8 years and not stay for 8 years

Shreebad

Dec 1, 2015
Hi!

I applied for the renewal of my wife work visa and work permit. And we received her renewed work permit till 2018 but her renew visa stamping indicates her as a "visitor". So does she need to fly back in every six months. And does she be able to work. ???

Thanks in advance for any insight.

TolaTola

Feb 14, 2017
Pummelchen said:
Hola,

like every tourist you can change your tourist visa into work permit. But you need a job offer and the employer has to follow some rules (like Job Bank etc).

Some jobs don't need an LMO, thats all written in detail in the CiC website.

If your tourist Visa is close to expire you can always file an extension, normally 6 months or 1 year with a good reason for your extension (job search is not a good reason).

With a temporary work permit you can work here for 4 years, after that you have to leave or try to apply for PR.

Don't believe it will be easy, I am in Alberta since more than 1 year and found no company willing to fill out an LMO so far. But got lots of illegal job offers .. which is a high risk to you get deported if you accept.

hi I want to come and leave in Canada, what process would you suggest to me? I wanted to come through school but my uni delays in transcript, sometimes it wont get through, please help. thanks

Manpreet33w

Jul 28, 2017
I have all license required for trucking job inside canada. I am on temporary visa. How much time would it take to get work permit in canada as a truck driver?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have all license required for trucking job inside canada. I am on temporary visa. How much time would it take to get work permit in canada as a truck driver?
Do you already have a job offer from an employer in Canada and has the employer obtained an approved LMIA?

Tamgole

Feb 18, 2018
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Fxg
NOC Code......
Fhh
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hola,

like every tourist you can change your tourist visa into work permit. But you need a job offer and the employer has to follow some rules (like Job Bank etc).

Some jobs don't need an LMO, thats all written in detail in the CiC website.

If your tourist Visa is close to expire you can always file an extension, normally 6 months or 1 year with a good reason for your extension (job search is not a good reason).

With a temporary work permit you can work here for 4 years, after that you have to leave or try to apply for PR.

Don't believe it will be easy, I am in Alberta since more than 1 year and found no company willing to fill out an LMO so far. But got lots of illegal job offers .. which is a high risk to you get deported if you accept.
Hi

djk

Aug 27, 2018
Hello!
I came to the Vancouver recently with visitor visa. I am considering here to stay. I was wondering how I can change my visitor visa to work permit? If I can, how long it takes to do the process?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello!
I came to the Vancouver recently with visitor visa. I am considering here to stay. I was wondering how I can change my visitor visa to work permit? If I can, how long it takes to do the process?
Do you have a job offer and an approved LMIA?