+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to change un-accompanying to accompanying child

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
In our March 2018 inland app spousal (common-law) we put my daughter un- accompany but we decide to bring her to Canada to start school in April 2018 under my OWP , we both did our medical in September and passed , how can I add her to accompanying now , since my background is in process and she lives in Canada now , her mom already sign and notarized the IMM 5604

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
You need to update IMM0008 (change to accompanying dependant) and send the updated form and a explanation letter through IRCC webform to your visa office.

Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)
Dependant’s Personal Details
Question 11
  1. Check the box to indicate whether or not, your dependant will accompany you to Canada.
  2. If you answered “No”, provide the reason why your dependant is non-accompanying.
If the child is a minor....you will have to fill and also send IMM5604.....review...checklist....3. Additional Information about Children.

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
You need to update IMM0008 (change to accompanying dependant) and send the updated form and a explanation letter through IRCC webform to your visa office.

Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)
Dependant’s Personal Details
Question 11
  1. Check the box to indicate whether or not, your dependant will accompany you to Canada.
  2. If you answered “No”, provide the reason why your dependant is non-accompanying.
If the child is a minor....you will have to fill and also send IMM5604.....review...checklist....3. Additional Information about Children.
My fiancé (sponsor) uploaded everything,in the webform last night around 10pm I was surprise got back a response 11am today saying theagent acknowledge and it will be forwarded to the officer doing my application, I also included the $150 adding accompanying child to the application, only thing I was concern , the updated generic IMM0008 form I electronically signed and uploaded on the webform is that ok or it requires the hand signature? I scanned the hand sign one but the file was too big too upload in the webform.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Signatures
If signatures are missing, we will return the application without processing it.
Note: IRCC will normally accept forms with photocopies of signatures. However, you may be asked to provide the original copy of your forms with an original signature if an IRCC officer determines it is necessary.
  • Remember to check for a signature block on each form and sign when needed. If forms are not signed in the correct places, and by the correct people, we will return your application without processing it.