09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
The below link provides info on calling IRCC (CIC)from outside of Canada:

http://www.pnpcanada.com/how-to-call-cic-from-outside-canada/

"Try calling on this number — +1 613 944 4000 Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Once you call on this number, you will get an option of Citizenship and Immigration Canada, you must listen to the complete menu since they keep changing the options.

From there, you will get redirected to CIC Canada and you will be provided some more options out of which there is an option to go though to Express Entry staff.

This way you can connect with Express Entry or CIC staff if you are not in Canada.

Our experience says that an average call to CIC has a wait time of approx 5-7 minute and the whole call may last on an average of 20 minutes. And of course, it’s a lot of money.

If you are looking to save money on International call, the best way is calling this number via Skype."

As per above text, kindly share your experience and let other forum members know if this really works or not.

Reactions: lino82

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
Here are some additional reports of others who tried, most of the time successfully:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/contacting-cic-call-centre-from-abroad-t63158.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cic-custom-service-number-t38030.0.html

Bspar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
The below link provides info on calling IRCC (CIC)from outside of Canada:

http://www.pnpcanada.com/how-to-call-cic-from-outside-canada/

"Try calling on this number — +1 613 944 4000 Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Once you call on this number, you will get an option of Citizenship and Immigration Canada, you must listen to the complete menu since they keep changing the options.

From there, you will get redirected to CIC Canada and you will be provided some more options out of which there is an option to go though to Express Entry staff.

This way you can connect with Express Entry or CIC staff if you are not in Canada.

Our experience says that an average call to CIC has a wait time of approx 5-7 minute and the whole call may last on an average of 20 minutes. And of course, it’s a lot of money.

If you are looking to save money on International call, the best way is calling this number via Skype."

As per above text, kindly share your experience and let other forum members know if this really works or not.
Just wanted to contribute that I tried this method and i was able to get through. Of course it didn't quite work because she asked where i was calling from and I told her Japan and she told me to use the website. Bloody hell, my honest self. I guess I should have just told her that I was calling from my home in Ontario but I wasn't sure if they could tell that I was lying or not (I was calling through Hangouts app on my ipad).

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I now get a message saying that they cannot complete the call to the number. Bloody hell, this is insane.

Bspar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
I now get a message saying that they cannot complete the call to the number. Bloody hell, this is insane.
I managed to get through today but it took me an hour almost to get into the queue and then when I finally did there was a 30 minute wait in the queue. I talked to a very nice gentleman named Ben and he didn't even ask me where I was calling from.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
I managed to get through today but it took me an hour almost to get into the queue and then when I finally did there was a 30 minute wait in the queue. I talked to a very nice gentleman named Ben and he didn't even ask me where I was calling from.
Can you please tell me the number that you called because i tried several times from outside canada and ended up having the message that all agents are busy and that they cannot refer me to one and the line disconnects

Reactions: Disha121994

i94forlife

Apr 16, 2017
I tried contacting them a while ago, first by dialing a U.S. number and then had them forward me to IRCC directly - never even got into the queue, kept saying they are off today (even when it was a workday). I gave up afterwards.

Reactions: Wolverine17

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
I call and keep on choosing from the options enter my profile number and my year of birth then hear my application status on phone and end up with a message say that they cannot connect me to an agent because all are busy

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I call and keep on choosing from the options enter my profile number and my year of birth then hear my application status on phone and end up with a message say that they cannot connect me to an agent because all are busy
Try calling at 8 AM EST

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
There's another way, but it may be a bit too much if you're not familiar with VoIP/SIP providers.

You can sign up for an account with voip.ms, and get a Canadian number. Then, use a free VoIP client like Zoiper to sign into the Canadian voip.ms server (they have servers in Toronto), and make the call. Since you'll be calling from a local Canadian number, you will be guaranteed to get in. I have done this and it works.

The cost is negligible (maybe $10 or so), but yes, if you've never used a VoIP provider before, it takes a bit of getting used to.

Reactions: Mumbai_Indians

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
There's another way, but it may be a bit too much if you're not familiar with VoIP/SIP providers.

You can sign up for an account with voip.ms, and get a Canadian number. Then, use a free VoIP client like Zoiper to sign into the Canadian voip.ms server (they have servers in Toronto), and make the call. Since you'll be calling from a local Canadian number, you will be guaranteed to get in. I have done this and it works.

The cost is negligible (maybe $10 or so), but yes, if you've never used a VoIP provider before, it takes a bit of getting used to.
Sounds difficult

Reactions: Ziya Zen