+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO CALCULATE CIC LANGUAGE SCORE WITH IELTS

Ziya Zen

Feb 9, 2019
Hello, I'm applying for Canada PR and I'm the Primary Applicant. I got my IELTS scores as below:
L: 7
R: 6.5
W: 5.5
S: 6.5

My Wife gave IELTS and she got her IELTS as below
L: 5
R: 4.5
W: 5
S: 6

My consultant told me I need 22 points to get my application qualify for Express entry to Canada.

With my wife IELTS exams I got 5 points, which means I'm still short of 17 points out of 22 points.

My question, with my scores above do I get eligible and get the remaining points or I have to retake my IELTS? If retake how much minimum i need to score in each module to get my remaining 17points for my PR application.

My consultant initially told me I need to get LRWS (7:6:6:6) now they are saying 6.5 minimum in all the modules. We are confused and need some expert guidance in this matter.

Thank you.
You get max points for CLB 9 and above...i.e L-8/R-7/S-7/W-7
What is your CRS??I would suggest you to retake the exam..

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello, I'm applying for Canada PR and I'm the Primary Applicant. I got my IELTS scores as below:
L: 7
R: 6.5
W: 5.5
S: 6.5

My Wife gave IELTS and she got her IELTS as below
L: 5
R: 4.5
W: 5
S: 6

My consultant told me I need 22 points to get my application qualify for Express entry to Canada.

With my wife IELTS exams I got 5 points, which means I'm still short of 17 points out of 22 points.

My question, with my scores above do I get eligible and get the remaining points or I have to retake my IELTS? If retake how much minimum i need to score in each module to get my remaining 17points for my PR application.

My consultant initially told me I need to get LRWS (7:6:6:6) now they are saying 6.5 minimum in all the modules. We are confused and need some expert guidance in this matter.

Thank you.
1. You require at least 6.0 in each module to be eligible to apply. Your writing is less than that.
2. Work out from here: http://www.fsw2014.info/ielts-calculator/ to determine what score you will need for 22 points.

Jasgursaini

Aug 19, 2018
Hi All,

Can anyone help me for calculating CLB score for SINP, whether it is CLB 7 or CLB 8.

My Score is 6.5 each

Many thanks in advance