+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to bring spouse to Canada on PGWP

ali_ahmad

Apr 3, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I am writing this post to get advice on possible ways of bringing my wife to Canada. Right now she is a citizen of Pakistan.
I got my PGWP of 3 years few months back and I am working in NOC A category Job (full-time with 6 months contract). I do have pay slips of past 3 months.Should she apply for OWP(open work permit) or visitor visa? Which route is more recommended? I would really appreciate your suggestions.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,
I am writing this post to get advice on possible ways of bringing my wife to Canada. Right now she is a citizen of Pakistan.
I got my PGWP of 3 years few months back and I am working in NOC A category Job (full-time with 6 months contract). I do have pay slips of past 3 months.Should she apply for OWP(open work permit) or visitor visa? Which route is more recommended? I would really appreciate your suggestions.
OWP. When did you get married and have you spent time in person together during your relationship?

ali_ahmad

Apr 3, 2021
OWP. When did you get married and have you spent time in person together during your relationship?
Thanks a lot for your response.
We got married 6 months back. But I had to come back to Canada for completing my studies. We have spent roughly a month together after getting married.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks a lot for your response.
We got married 6 months back. But I had to come back to Canada for completing my studies. We have spent roughly a month together after getting married.
Your wife may be denied an OWP until you have a longer relationship history but you should certainly try for an OWP. If denied she will eventually be denied an OWP once you have more of a relationship history.

ali_ahmad

Apr 3, 2021
Your wife may be denied an OWP until you have a longer relationship history but you should certainly try for an OWP. If denied she will eventually be denied an OWP once you have more of a relationship history.
So, if you are newly weds then chances of getting OWP for your wife are low? Secondly, do I need to have a permanent job or even a contract job of lets say 6 months will be enough ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So, if you are newly weds then chances of getting OWP for your wife are low? Secondly, do I need to have a permanent job or even a contract job of lets say 6 months will be enough ?
If you don't have a good in person relationship history IRCC gets concerned about the validity of relationships because many still marry to secure a work permit or PR. You may be able to secure the OWP but it isn't guaranteed so I am warning you since some people are shocked when they get denied. Yes you can apply if on a 6 month contract. I would update you file if your contract is extended or you change jobs.

ali_ahmad

Apr 3, 2021
If you don't have a good in person relationship history IRCC gets concerned about the validity of relationships because many still marry to secure a work permit or PR. You may be able to secure the OWP but it isn't guaranteed so I am warning you since some people are shocked when they get denied. Yes you can apply if on a 6 month contract. I would update you file if your contract is extended or you change jobs.
Thanks for clearing this out.
We do have a lot of photographs together and we were actually in contact with each other for past 3 years when I was in Pakistan. We got married only recently. What kind of proofs can I attach? I have heard that photographs, whatsapp chats etc can be used. Do these help?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for clearing this out.
We do have a lot of photographs together and we were actually in contact with each other for past 3 years when I was in Pakistan. We got married only recently. What kind of proofs can I attach? I have heard that photographs, whatsapp chats etc can be used. Do these help?
Yes these will help but in person time as a couple is what really counts.

ali_ahmad

Apr 3, 2021
Hi,
I have a query and would really appreciate if someone can help me out.

My wife spousal work permit was approved. She has a Letter of Introduction with expiry date of 22nd July 2023. She is planning to come on 16th June to Canada. Her medical is still valid. My question is that would there be any issues in getting work permit at POE if her TRV and Introduction of letter is expiring around 35 days of her arrival in Canada. Would border officer raise questions that why is she coming so late even though her spousal work permit was approved 7-8 months back.

Would really appreciate if someone can help me out on this.

Thank you

Myahudi Jr II

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Hi,
I have a query and would really appreciate if someone can help me out.

My wife spousal work permit was approved. She has a Letter of Introduction with expiry date of 22nd July 2023. She is planning to come on 16th June to Canada. Her medical is still valid. My question is that would there be any issues in getting work permit at POE if her TRV and Introduction of letter is expiring around 35 days of her arrival in Canada. Would border officer raise questions that why is she coming so late even though her spousal work permit was approved 7-8 months back.

Would really appreciate if someone can help me out on this.

Thank you
Any updates sir?