+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to bring my spouse

Discussion in 'Permanent Residence in Canada' started by raminenisandeep, Nov 9, 2019 at 3:22 PM.

  1. Hello,

    I have PR card for last 1 year, but havent moved to canada yet from USA.
    I am planning to move now.

    But recently, I got married and I am planning to bring my wife also.

    So my plan is to apply for visitor visa for her and then after reaching canada, planning to apply for family sponsorship for PR card.

    Is this is the best way to approach this or do you guys have any other better solutions?
  2. She can try for a TRV but with a PR spouse, chances are very low.

    If approved, she can come to Canada as a visitor while applying for PR. If refused, you will have to come to Canada alone to sponsor her. You must live in Canada through out the sponsorship process, so expect a separation of up to a year in that case.

Share This Page