05-01-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
wangmin said:
I'm confusing if I need to contact the office in HONGKONG, this is the letter CIC sent to me in Aug 2016, I'm waiting they didnt send me anything.

Can anyone help me? Do I need to contact the CIC? Do I need to contact Hongkong office for the background check?
Hi!

This is a standard letter. If the office in Hongkong requires some information, they will notify you via email. You can send the case specific enquiry if you worry about processing time. But usually they will contact you when (and if) they need some additional information from you.

wangmin

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexfaraon said:
Hi!

This is a standard letter. If the office in Hongkong requires some information, they will notify you via email. You can send the case specific enquiry if you worry about processing time. But usually they will contact you when (and if) they need some additional information from you.
Thank you very much for your help, I thought they sent my husband some letter, he didn't receive it. Now I know it's standard letter, Thank you. :D

fair and honest

May 6, 2016
Today already 16 months..... Who can help me and my family... Only GOD !
Dear officials, on your official website you have mentioned :
“Complete applications under the new pathways will be processed within 6 months. (How long will it take CIC to process applications under the Caring for Children or the Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathways?).”
I sent my documents already 1 year and 4 months ago, on 2 September, 2015. Only after 50 days, on 22 October, 2015, I have received confirmation letter !!!!! (usually letter from Toronto to CIC taking 2-3 days).
Already I am waiting for 15 months.
I wrote letter to the Minister of Immigration, couple letters to Immigration office and receive the same answer: “Your application is in the process” and nothing more explanation.
I know also people, whose process has been lasting over 8 months and more. They are afraid to write about it in the forum because they are afraid to voice out there issues, since they may have to deal with immigration service payback. They continue to live in fear.
There are people in form, who state that their process was complete in 1 month. I think it is a way government advertises the program. But reality is that there are more people whose process lasted more than 8 months.
Dear officials, Why did you write false information on your official website ?

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
My fiancee (philippines citizen) is going to be complete her live-in caregiver program in May. Can someone please outline what we have to apply for and the timelines associated with it? I know the following:

1. apply for open permit - does anyone know the timeline?
2. apply at the same time for PR status - does anyone know the timeline? also, does she need to take the ielts test?

The reason I am asking is that I (Canadian citizen) and my fiancee are planning on getting married, but we want to do the best option for marriage. We are going to wait until at least she gets her OP before marriage.

She is telling me that her friends who applied through the program got their PR within 3-4 months, is that what we can expect? We are trying to start a life and family together and I dont want to be holding up our lives anymore then it has to.

Thank you for reading, hopefully someone has some timelines.

tabznya

Jun 9, 2015
This is a standard letter. Received the same letter. After not hearing from the visa office close to a month, I decided to send a specific inquiry form directly to the visa office asking exactly what additional docs they need from my dependent husband. Right after, they let me know. It won't hurt to be proactive and ask.
Good luck on your application!
wangmin said:
I'm confusing if I need to contact the office in HONGKONG, this is the letter CIC sent to me in Aug 2016, I'm waiting they didnt send me anything.

Can anyone help me? Do I need to contact the CIC? Do I need to contact Hongkong office for the background check?

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident

status as a Member of the Live-in Caregiver Class. However, a final decision will not be made

until all remaining requirements have been met. If applicable, all of your family members, both

in Canada and abroad, must pass medical and background checks even if they are not applying

to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and your

family members have passed the medicals and background checks.

[X] The family member(s) you have listed on your application are required to undergo

immigration examination pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and

Regulations whether or not they have been included for concurrent processing for permanent

residence. Failure to comply with our instructions may result in your application for permanent

residence being refused. Our office in Hong Kong will be contacting your family members. In

the meantime if you are in contact with your family members please encourage them to comply

with all requests as their compliance will help to ensure timely processing of your application.

Please Note: Failure to notify this office of any change in address of your family

members overseas will result in a delay of your permanent resident application. If they

move during the processing of your application, please provide the new address where

they can be contacted.

You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit please ensure you include

a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter should outline the type of

course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the expected completion

date. To obtain the correct forms please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Internet

web site at

Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in

Canada.

Officer JYWL

Case Processing Centre

Vegreville

mmmmci

Nov 25, 2016
tabznya said:
This is a standard letter. Received the same letter. After not hearing from the visa office close to a month, I decided to send a specific inquiry form directly to the visa office asking exactly what additional docs they need from my dependent husband. Right after, they let me know. It won't hurt to be proactive and ask.
Good luck on your application!
How did u send inquiry directly to the office, by mail? I can't find the one online to that office . Thank you.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
joeythecat said:
My fiancee (philippines citizen) is going to be complete her live-in caregiver program in May. Can someone please outline what we have to apply for and the timelines associated with it? I know the following:

2. apply at the same time for PR status - does anyone know the timeline? also, does she need to take the ielts test?

The reason I am asking is that I (Canadian citizen) and my fiancee are planning on getting married, but we want to do the best option for marriage. We are going to wait until at least she gets her OP before marriage.

She is telling me that her friends who applied through the program got their PR within 3-4 months, is that what we can expect? We are trying to start a life and family together and I dont want to be holding up our lives anymore then it has to.

can anyone comment on my post?

alexfaraon

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville / Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2016
Doc's Request.
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
24-09-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
joeythecat said:

Hello!

Processing time you can check here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp Just select what you need (work permit or PR, the needed category).

If she's going to apply under Caring for Children Class, here are the requirements http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/caring-children/apply-who.asp In this case she must take IELTS.

If she's going to apply under the old Live-in Caregiver Class, here are the requirements http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/permanent_resident.asp She doesn't need IETLS in this case. But please pay attention to the fact that Live-in Caregiver Class is much longer to process and can take several years, whereas Caring for Children Class can take 2 months only.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
alexfaraon said:
Hello!

Processing time you can check here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp Just select what you need (work permit or PR, the needed category).

If she's going to apply under Caring for Children Class, here are the requirements http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/caring-children/apply-who.asp In this case she must take IELTS.

If she's going to apply under the old Live-in Caregiver Class, here are the requirements http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/permanent_resident.asp She doesn't need IETLS in this case. But please pay attention to the fact that Live-in Caregiver Class is much longer to process and can take several years, whereas Caring for Children Class can take 2 months only.
Thanks for the reply. She is part of the old live-in caregiver class, is she eligible to apply through the new Caring for Children Class? It seems like her friends that applied recently through the old class have got their PR in 2-3 months. Is this normal. I ask because you say that the old way is much longer.

Also, I just checked that PR link you provided and it says 56 days, if this is true, why would the old class take several years?

I am not implying that what you are saying is false, I am just trying to understand, as we cannot afford a misstep.

alexfaraon

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville / Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2016
Doc's Request.
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
24-09-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
joeythecat said:
Thanks for the reply. She is part of the old live-in caregiver class, is she eligible to apply through the new Caring for Children Class? It seems like her friends that applied recently through the old class have got their PR in 2-3 months. Is this normal. I ask because you say that the old way is much longer.

Also, I just checked that PR link you provided and it says 56 days, if this is true, why would the old class take several years?

I am not implying that what you are saying is false, I am just trying to understand, as we cannot afford a misstep.
To find out, if she is eligible to apply under the new Caring for Children Class, I provided you with a link, where you can find all the requirements. In general, she must have been working as a caregiver for 24 months in the last 48 months, she must take IELTS test and satisfy the minimum requirements (minimum points for IELTS I mean), and she must have her education assessed by one of the authorized companies. Please follow this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/caring-children/apply-who.asp

alexfaraon

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville / Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2016
Doc's Request.
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
24-09-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
joeythecat said:

About processing times, here are two images:

The first one shows the processing time for the old class, the second one shows the processing time for the new class. You've said that some her friends got PR in 2-3 months under the old pathway. I would argue with that, I've heard once or twice the same. But what the official CIC website says I showed you on the images. That's the official information. The new class is a little bit more difficult to apply, since it requires IELTS and educational credential assessment. But on the other hand it's much more faster. It's up to you what to choose.

SHINEY anna

Jan 29, 2017
hey.. i got my ECA report. I got one year post secondary study equivalency. but on the summary it says secondary school diploma. can i still apply under new pathway or i wont be able? just please help me to understand this.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Secondary school diploma

1.Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: General Certificate of Education, Ordinary Level
Year: 2000
Awarded by: Department of Examinations
Major/Specialization: General Academic
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma

2.Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: General Certificate of Education, Advanced Level
Year: 2003
Major/Specialization: Arts and Sciences
Canadian Equivalency: One semester of undergraduate study
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian
education credential.

3. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Academic Transcript
Year: 2004
Awarded by: Association of Accounting Technicians of Sri Lanka
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Accounting
Canadian Equivalency: One year of post-secondary study
education credential

alexfaraon

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville / Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2016
Doc's Request.
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
24-09-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
SHINEY anna said:
hey.. i got my ECA report. I got one year post secondary study equivalency. but on the summary it says secondary school diploma. can i still apply under new pathway or i wont be able? just please help me to understand this.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Secondary school diploma

1.Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: General Certificate of Education, Ordinary Level
Year: 2000
Major/Specialization: General Academic
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma

2.Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: General Certificate of Education, Advanced Level
Year: 2003
Major/Specialization: Arts and Sciences
Canadian Equivalency: One semester of undergraduate study
education credential.

3. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Academic Transcript
Year: 2004
Awarded by: Association of Accounting Technicians of Sri Lanka
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Accounting
Canadian Equivalency: One year of post-secondary study
education credential
Hi!

No, you can't. As I can see from your assessment, it seems you have not completed post-secondary study. If you don't have diploma but have one year of incomplete education, you can't count it unfortunately.

ps_2016

Jun 6, 2016
Hi everyone
Can you please suggest me if we have to pay Right of permanent residency fees online or we can pay on same day when interview date is schedule and how long does it take to get interview date.
Thank you.