+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for PR under NEW Caregiver Program

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
crombie15 said:
My final timeline applying under "Caring for people with High medical needs" applying from Ontario:

June 22-Application received by CPC-Vegreville
June 27-Credit Card charged, eligibility email received, Application processing began
June 28-AOR email received
Aug 30-Email received saying that processing is complete and I have to pay $490 right of PR fee
Sep 2-Interview date received
Sep 12-PR interview done and confirmation of PR received (can't be used for travel with the exception of road trips to the US)

PR card will be received in the mail in 8-10 weeks.
hi, first of all congratulations!
I will also apply for PR caring for people with high medical needs soon. also from Ontario. is police clearance from Ontario also required?

crombie15

Mar 27, 2015
marvz21 said:
hi, first of all congratulations!
I will also apply for PR caring for people with high medical needs soon. also from Ontario. is police clearance from Ontario also required?
It is not required with the initial application but if not submitted, the officer will request it from you later (leading to a delay). So technically they can't process your application without it. Hence your best course of action will be to submit it with the application. Refer to the documents checklist for all requirements.

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
crombie15 said:
It is not required with the initial application but if not submitted, the officer will request it from you later (leading to a delay). So technically they can't process your application without it. Hence your best course of action will be to submit it with the application. Refer to the documents checklist for all requirements.
thanks. I better get it then since the processing time as per Ottawa police website is 8 weeks.

crombie15

Mar 27, 2015
marvz21 said:
thanks. I better get it then since the processing time as per Ottawa police website is 8 weeks.
Yeah it's about the same or a couple of weeks longer maybe, in Toronto. But I live in Mississauga (Peel region) where the processing time is 15 minutes. I went to the Police station at 5.45 and at 6. I was walking out of there with my police record check.

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
crombie15 said:
Yeah it's about the same or a couple of weeks longer maybe, in Toronto. But I live in Mississauga (Peel region) where the processing time is 15 minutes. I went to the Police station at 5.45 and at 6. I was walking out of there with my police record check.
hi,
I just double checked and that 8weeks processing time is for CERTIFIED criminal record check which is issued by the RCMP. so if I get it right it's just a criminal record check that we need for the application which is issued by the local police? I'm confused because in the cic website it says document to submit is criminal record check. but when you click on the steps how to get it, it shows the process of getting the certified criminal record check which includes finger printing.

lhynlhynlhyn

Sep 16, 2016
LMIA Requirements

Hi guys.. Newbie here..just want to ask.. I receive my LMIA and contract last week.. Now, im completing all of my requirements.. Do i need to take ielts? And police clearance? Thank you.

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Re: LMIA Requirements

lhynlhynlhyn said:
Hi guys.. Newbie here..just want to ask.. I receive my LMIA and contract last week.. Now, im completing all of my requirements.. Do i need to take ielts? And police clearance? Thank you.
you don't need to take ielts. but you need police clearance from all countries you travelled and stayed for more than 6 months.

lhynlhynlhyn

Sep 16, 2016

Thanks! I will pay my visa fee tomorrow. Do i need to pay also the vfs fee? Kinda confuse about it.. And also, do i need to send my visa picture together with my requirements? Thanks..

fair and honest

May 6, 2016
Today already 11 months..... Who can help me and my family... Only GOD
Dear officials, on your official website you have mentioned :
“Complete applications under the new pathways will be processed within 6 months. (How long will it take CIC to process applications under the Caring for Children or the Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathways?).”
I sent my documents already 1 year ago, on 2 September, 2015. Only after 50 days, on 22 October, 2015, I have received confirmation letter !!!!! (usually letter from Toronto to CIC taking 2-3 days).
Already I am waiting for 11 months.
I wrote letter to the Minister of Immigration, couple letters to Immigration office and receive the same answer: “Your application is in the process” and nothing more explanation, why does it take more time to process the application, than time mentioned in official web site? And only after 8 month after all my complain, they send me letter about additional documents they need !!! It is additional 3 months!!!
I know also people, whose process has been lasting over 8 months. They are afraid to write about it in the forum because they are afraid to voice out there issues, since they may have to deal with immigration service payback. They continue to live in fear.
There are people in form, who state that their process was complete in 1 month. I think it is a way government advertises the program. But reality is that there are more people whose process lasted more than 8 months.
Dear officials, Why did you write false information on your official website ?

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015

lhynlhynlhyn said:
Thanks! I will pay my visa fee tomorrow. Do i need to pay also the vfs fee? Kinda confuse about it.. And also, do i need to send my visa picture together with my requirements? Thanks..
I suggest you better apply online thru mycic. if you have scanner you can do it. it is faster than submitting it papers via mail. you can pay visa fee through credit card. you'll be ask to pay for it as you submit your application online. the VFS fee you will only pay that once they ask you to submit your passport (for visa stamping after your medical is ok)

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
fair and honest said:
Today already 11 months..... Who can help me and my family... Only GOOD
“Complete applications under the new pathways will be processed within 6 months. (How long will it take CIC to process applications under the Caring for Children or the Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathways?).”
I sent my documents already 1 year ago, on 2 September, 2015. Only after 50 days, on 22 October, 2015, I have received confirmation letter !!!!! (usually letter from Toronto to CIC taking 2-3 days).
I wrote letter to the Minister of Immigration, couple letters to Immigration office and receive the same answer: “Your application is in the process” and nothing more explanation, why does it take more time to process the application, than time mentioned in official web site? And only after 8 month after all my complain, they send me letter about additional documents they need !!! It is additional 3 months!!!
I know also people, whose process has been lasting over 8 months. They are afraid to write about it in the forum because they are afraid to voice out there issues, since they may have to deal with immigration service payback. They continue to live in fear.
There are people in form, who state that their process was complete in 1 month. I think it is a way government advertises the program. But reality is that there are more people whose process lasted more than 8 months.
maybe because applications has started to queue or build up, thus taking longer time to process. those who were approved in a matter of a month were those first received applications when the new pathways opened up. plus if you are applying with your family it would take them longer time to do background checking. just my thoughts..

mitchjie

Sep 12, 2016
fair and honest said:
Today already 11 months..... Who can help me and my family... Only GOD
Hi there! I would like to ask if you don't mind. What is the case of your dependant's? Is he a military,police,government employee or OFW? I'm kinda worried because my application will be 2 months on Oct. 8 and I have no update yet from the CIC. thanks

efazilian

Star Member
Dec 18, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2014
Doc's Request.
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2014
Med's Request
07-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-04-2014
Passport Req..
25-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
11-07-2014
fair and honest said:
I have two sons. They are student of university.
Hi Fair and Honest! We are on the same boat. I am also waiting for our papers decision. I have been waiting for nearly 3 months now. I am just wondering if your spouse is/was a government employee, military person or an OFW. My husband worked in the government so maybe that could be the reason for the delay. May I know what additional documents they have asked from you? Thanks in advance.

fair and honest

May 6, 2016
efazilian said:
Hi Fair and Honest! We are on the same boat. I am also waiting for our papers decision. I have been waiting for nearly 3 months now. I am just wondering if your spouse is/was a government employee, military person or an OFW. My husband worked in the government so maybe that could be the reason for the delay. May I know what additional documents they have asked from you? Thanks in advance.
I am divorced