+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for PR under NEW Caregiver Program

crombie15

Mar 27, 2015
VIKY74 said:
HI crombie15, any updates yet? I've been reading all the messages here for me to relate....thanks
Haven't heard anything since the eligibility email and AOR on June 28th. I also submitted my open work permit application with my PR application. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to send you the open work permit in case the PR processing is delayed?

fair and honest

May 6, 2016
Dear officials, on your official website you have mentioned :
“Complete applications under the new pathways will be processed within 6 months. (How long will it take CIC to process applications under the Caring for Children or the Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathways?).”
Already I am waiting for 10 months.
I wrote letter to the Minister of Immigration, couple letters to Immigration office and receive the same answer: “Your application is in the process” and nothing more explanation, why does it take more time to process the application, than time mentioned in official web site? And only after 8 month after all my complain, they send me letter about additional documents they need !!!
I know also people, whose process has been lasting over 8 months. They are afraid to write about it in the forum because they are afraid to voice out there issues, since they may have to deal with immigration service payback. They continue to live in fear.
There are people in form, who state that their process was complete in 1 month. I think it is a way government advertises the program. But reality is that there are more people whose process lasted more than 8 months.
Dear officials, Why did you write false information on your official website ?

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
comforter said:
Hello Funsho,please advise,
I've been working as a living care giver since march last year.Though an immigration consultant i asked said it was nothing but i'm not very comfortable with his advise.my wrk permit has a remark at the bottom which states:

LMIA VALID FOR 4 YEARS APPLICANT IS NOT PART OF THE LCP NOR ARE THEY ELIGIBLE APPLY FOR PR UNDER THIS PROGRAM DOCUMENT ISSUE TO PASSPORT EXPIRY DATE.

please what do i do?
thank you
Firstly, I like when people post their concern for others to see instead of sending private messages because someone out there might be passing through the same odds. Nevertheless, I will answer your question as much as I can.

The simple truth is that your LMIA was issued after November 30th, 2014 , the same day the new caregiver pathways took off and by that singular fact you not eligible to apply for PR under the old live in caregiver program thus you have to follow though with the new pathway which involves credential evaluation, English test ,upfront medicals among other things. Please read:

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=898719

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/caring-children/apply-who.asp

While people in the old LCP program were of advantage of either go with the current new pathways or old pathway, people like you are restricted to new program but never worry, the processing time is super fast if you are single and your documentation are properly tidy up. If you are married, it takes within 6 months or more as much as 8months or even more depending on several factors outside CIC control like:
How fast CIC are able to get feedback from third parties agencies when CIC is running background check on you and dependents, your documentation especially from your country/region of the world country.

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
comforter said:
Ah!I really appreciate your response,God bless you real good.
Contrary to what you think though i posted my case publicly hoping for advises and ideas but it was only one person who responded to me scyllia. And she said i wasn't qualified for PR.You can't imagine how devastated i was.She asked me to seek an immigration consultants help.

Here's a couple of information i need you to know about my case before i applied as a caregiver(children)

I did the IELTS my lowest was 7.5
I submitted my credentials
i have over 6 year years working experience with kids.

My LMIA was received on 11/11/2014
the job category stated on my LMIA was 6474 (Why i have no clue)

Once again Funsho Heritage thanks a great deal l look forward to reading from you

That's alright. Wish you the very best in your future application

tophe2tabha

Jul 30, 2016
Hi all,

I applied PR under the new caregiver Program High medical needs.How long will it take to process my PR application?

July 22 2016- i sent my application Thru Fed ex.
July 25 2016- cic -Vegriville received my documents.
July 27 2016- received e-mail from cic . They gave me application number and they told me in the letter that my application is on process already.

As of the moment i'm still waiting.

I'm here in Alberta Canada

ps_2016

Jun 6, 2016
Hi
Do we have to send fingerprint background check with application. I did background check in Ontario ( fingerprinting one ) but its been 1.5 month i did n't receive mail , RCMP told me results already mailed to me by Canada post but i never received mail . I did background check second time after waiting so long, for first one to arrive but again its been three weeks did not receive yet. Can i submit my application by sending general police background check instead of fingerprinting one. Anyone's suggestion is much appreciated. (NOC 4412)

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
ps_2016 said:
Hi
Do we have to send fingerprint background check with application. I did background check in Ontario ( fingerprinting one ) but its been 1.5 month i did n't receive mail , RCMP told me results already mailed to me by Canada post but i never received mail . I did background check second time after waiting so long, for first one to arrive but again its been three weeks did not receive yet. Can i submit my application by sending general police background check instead of fingerprinting one. Anyone's suggestion is much appreciated. (NOC 4412)
verify that your mailing address is correct otherwise you should I received it in the mail.

tophe2tabha

Jul 30, 2016
egay_11 said:
Hi..greetings! .. I am live-in cargiver working for a person with disability right now under the noc 6474... But my job description and duties fall under noc 4412. Is there a chance for me to apply for PR under the new pathways, particularly in caring for people with high medical needs? I am aware that noc 6474 is not listed in that category. Can I make an appeal to prove that I worked the duties of a live in caregiver for person with disabilities so that I would qualify to apply for the second pathway? thank you very much... Your help will be much appreciated.....//

Yes you can under 4412. Can you pls share your time line. We have the same situation . I'm just waiting for the final decision of CIC

ps_2016

Jun 6, 2016
Funsho Heritage said:
verify that your mailing address is correct otherwise you should I received it in the mail.
Hi, thanks for reply. I follwed up with RCMP and mailing address they mentioned was correct. I did twice and both times mailing address is correct and they told me result was sent by canada post. How long does it usually take to receive in mail.

fair and honest

May 6, 2016
“Complete applications under the new pathways will be processed within 6 months. (How long will it take CIC to process applications under the Caring for Children or the Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathways?).”
I wrote letter to the Minister of Immigration, couple letters to Immigration office and receive the same answer: “Your application is in the process” and nothing more explanation, why does it take more time to process the application, than time mentioned in official web site? And only after 8 month after all my complain, they send me letter about additional documents they need !!! It is additional 3 months!!!
I know also people, whose process has been lasting over 8 months. They are afraid to write about it in the forum because they are afraid to voice out there issues, since they may have to deal with immigration service payback. They continue to live in fear.
There are people in form, who state that their process was complete in 1 month. I think it is a way government advertises the program. But reality is that there are more people whose process lasted more than 8 months.

crombie15

Mar 27, 2015
Just received my email . Now I have to pay the $490 Right of PR fee. My timeline so far:

June 22-Application received
June 27-Credit Card charged, eligibility email received, Application processing began
June 28-AOR email received
Aug 30-Processing complete.

Will get an interview date after I pay the fee.

fair and honest

May 6, 2016
I sent my documents already 1 year ago, on 2 September, 2015. Only after 50 days, on 22 October, 2015, I have received confirmation letter !!!!! (usually letter from Toronto to CIC taking 2-3 days).
I wrote letter to the Minister of Immigration, couple letters to Immigration office and receive the same answer: “Your application is in the process” and nothing more explanation, why does it take more time to process the application, than time mentioned in official web site? And only after 8 month after all my complain, they send me letter about additional documents they need !!! It is additional 3 months!!!

Chinzu

Sep 8, 2016
Hello Housemates, please i would like someone who is knowledgeable on how the processes involved in applying or PR under this program works. i have close to 2 years experience as a home support worker, but the issue is that more than half of this experience was gotten during the course of my study at the university. my question is will CIC consider such as a work experience...? should i give the application a shot? because my pgwp has like one and half year before it expires. am just a bit confuse here

crombie15

Mar 27, 2015
My final timeline applying under "Caring for people with High medical needs" applying from Ontario:

June 22-Application received by CPC-Vegreville
June 27-Credit Card charged, eligibility email received, Application processing began
June 28-AOR email received
Aug 30-Email received saying that processing is complete and I have to pay $490 right of PR fee
Sep 2-Interview date received
Sep 12-PR interview done and confirmation of PR received (can't be used for travel with the exception of road trips to the US)

PR card will be received in the mail in 8-10 weeks.

mitchjie

Sep 12, 2016
Good day to all..I would like to ask if someone has the case like me my husband is a Police Officer in the Philippines, How long is they process the papers? I passed my application under Caring for Children Class last August 4, 2016. I received my AOR and Eligibility last August 2016 asking for additional requirements which is the Service Records of my husband. I mailed to them and then on August 16,2016 they emailed me that the application for permanent residency of my dependants has been transferred to the visa office in Manila; and the visa office will contact me, but since then I dontl't received any emails from them. Thank you in advance