+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for PR under NEW Caregiver Program

conman

Mar 31, 2014
Roah said:
@conman
How come you didnt apply for Owp?
Meaning you stayed with the same employer? Or just waited for PR? ( which gives you the option to work anywhere anyway? )
My 24th month of work was May 28, 2016, however, I submitted my application on may13, 2016, which was 2weeks earlier.. I got my file number a week after that.. I did not apply for Open Work permit because I already applied extension on May 8, 2016 and valid for 3 months.. I can still work with the same employer., besides, Open work permit processing is 2-3 months, PR processing less than a month..

conman

Mar 31, 2014
Roah said:
@conman

Thank you so much for the information!
Im a caregiver under the LmO
I applied for my WP extension last May waiting for the work pemit to come hopefully by August ( my 24 months is done exactly July31 ) so I can apply for OWP/Pr,
I Have a visitors visa too ( valid until 2017)

So i have to pay $155 ( again ) + 100 if I apply for OWp?
I think we have a different program.. mine is High Medical Needs Pathways.. yours is care giver program/ or nanny program?
I think you need to apply OPW together with PR application...
for High Medical Needs Pathways we do not apply for open permit.. we just wait for the result of the PR application..

If you apply for WP extension 155$... it is valid for 3 months.. let say you applied May 5, you can still work with the same employer until july 5..
if your LMO expires on July 31, you applied too early for your extension.. you should have applied extension 2 weeks before you expiry..

crombie15

Mar 27, 2015
Same thing happened to me. They highlighted Schedule A sections of checklist and the form. I filled out a new Schedule A and checklist. The rest of the forms and documents I sent them as is. Did i need to send all new forms or only schedule A?

conman

Mar 31, 2014
crombie15 said:
Same thing happened to me. They highlighted Schedule A sections of checklist and the form. I filled out a new Schedule A and checklist. The rest of the forms and documents I sent them as is. Did i need to send all new forms or only schedule A?
if they send you Schedule A.. it means you made a mistake on that form only... therefore you just sent the new schedule a and the rest of the old forms that you have made..

mistakes most probably on the personal history of schedule A ... (the past 10 years or since 18 years of age)
make sure your supplementary travel history is the same as your personal history.. because in personal history include you activity e.g unemployed, studying, TRAVELLING, etc

conman

Mar 31, 2014
make sure you do not have gap.. even 1 month... no gap.. if you traveled for 2weeks/ or 1 month.. it should appear on the supplementary travel and personal history on shcedule A form

crombie15

Mar 27, 2015
conman said:
make sure you do not have gap.. even 1 month... no gap.. if you traveled for 2weeks/ or 1 month.. it should appear on the supplementary travel and personal history on shcedule A form
Yeah I made sure to do that this time. They received my application on Wednesday, June 22nd. My credit card got charged this morning. I also included my open work permit application because my current permit expires in a week's time.

crombie15

Mar 27, 2015
I got an email today saying "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status in this class. A final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements have been met"
It then asks to submit documents to a specific address but doesn't say what documents are required. That part is blank. I'm confused. Is this a general letter they send to everyone and only write in something in the required documents when something is needed and the fact that it's blank means that they don't need any documents?? Also, what email do they send you after this one?

crombie15

Mar 27, 2015
Received an email this morning confirming that they received my application on June 22nd. Still not sure about the previous email

conman

Mar 31, 2014
crombie15 said:
I got an email today saying "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status in this class. A final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements have been met"
It then asks to submit documents to a specific address but doesn't say what documents are required. That part is blank. I'm confused. Is this a general letter they send to everyone and only write in something in the required documents when something is needed and the fact that it's blank means that they don't need any documents?? Also, what email do they send you after this one?

did they ask you to pay the landing fee of 490$?
if that so, I received the same email before, after your interview, you'll get a confirmation of permanent residency status.. that copy of that confirmation should be sent to CPC..

crombie15

Mar 27, 2015
conman said:
did they ask you to pay the landing fee of 490$?
if that so, I received the same email before, after your interview, you'll get a confirmation of permanent residency status.. that copy of that confirmation should be sent to CPC..
No they didn't ask for a fee. On jun 27th, they charged my credit card and said that I was eligible and that I was supposed to send documents to the address (but did not say which documents; That part was blank) and the next day (jun 28) they sent me an email confirming that they have received my application. So I'm not sure if I'm supposed to wait or send them some document. Because It didn't say which document. I'm hoping that was just a generic eligibility email and the fact that the section under sending documents is blank means that I don't need to send any documents??

VIKY74

May 19, 2016
tabznya said:
Yes, we received the email from Singapore Embassy. Truth be told, only after I followed up with Singapore Embassy did they sent the email. The Vegreville Officer in her letter said that Singapore will contact my family member. After a month of not hearing from singapore, I sent a specific case inquiry to Singapore asking about the addtl information they are requiring as stated in the Vegreville Officer's letter. It is only then that they sent the email. One month was wasted in my processing time.
HI TABZNYA,

I JUST WANT TO ASK IF YOU RECEIVED AN AUTOMATIC REPLY THAT CONFIRMS YOU SUBMITTED THE DOCUMENTS REQUESTED BY SINGAPORE EMBASSY. I HAVE THE SAME SITUATION WHERE CIC CANADA SENT ME A CORRESPONDENCE THAT MY FAMILY MEMBERS NEED TO UNDERGO IMMIGRATION EXAMINATION AND PARIS EMBASSY SENT ME THE LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED. AFTER SENDING IT THROUGH EMAIL AS INSTRUCTED, I JUST RECEIVED AN AUTOMATED REPLY WHICH CONFIRMED THAT I SENT THE DOCUMENTS. IN ADDITION, IT SAYS THAT IF I ONLY SUBMITTED DOCUMENTS THIS IS THE ONLY EMAIL THAT I AM GOING TO RECEIVED. ITS BEEN 3 WEEKS WHEN I SUBMITTED THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BUT UNTIL NOW NO UPDATES FROM CIC CANADA IF THEY RECEIVED IT OR NOT. I'M JUST JUST CHECKING THE STATUS OF MY APPLICATION ONLINE AND ITS SAYS "IN PROCESS" STILL. AND I AM WORRIED BECAUSE MOST HERE ON THE FORUM THEY RECEIVED AN UPDATE FROM THEIR APPLICATION IN FEW DAYS. HOW ABOUT YOU?

tabznya

Jun 9, 2015
VIKY74 said:
HI TABZNYA,

I JUST WANT TO ASK IF YOU RECEIVED AN AUTOMATIC REPLY THAT CONFIRMS YOU SUBMITTED THE DOCUMENTS REQUESTED BY SINGAPORE EMBASSY. I HAVE THE SAME SITUATION WHERE CIC CANADA SENT ME A CORRESPONDENCE THAT MY FAMILY MEMBERS NEED TO UNDERGO IMMIGRATION EXAMINATION AND PARIS EMBASSY SENT ME THE LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED. AFTER SENDING IT THROUGH EMAIL AS INSTRUCTED, I JUST RECEIVED AN AUTOMATED REPLY WHICH CONFIRMED THAT I SENT THE DOCUMENTS. IN ADDITION, IT SAYS THAT IF I ONLY SUBMITTED DOCUMENTS THIS IS THE ONLY EMAIL THAT I AM GOING TO RECEIVED. ITS BEEN 3 WEEKS WHEN I SUBMITTED THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BUT UNTIL NOW NO UPDATES FROM CIC CANADA IF THEY RECEIVED IT OR NOT. I'M JUST JUST CHECKING THE STATUS OF MY APPLICATION ONLINE AND ITS SAYS "IN PROCESS" STILL. AND I AM WORRIED BECAUSE MOST HERE ON THE FORUM THEY RECEIVED AN UPDATE FROM THEIR APPLICATION IN FEW DAYS. HOW ABOUT YOU?
From what I remember, after a week of submitting the documents to the Visa Office, I got an email from saying processingnof my application is complete. Took a while though before I received the email instructions from the Visa office regarding the additional documents they require. How long has it been since you submitted your PR application?

VIKY74

May 19, 2016
tabznya said:
From what I remember, after a week of submitting the documents to the Visa Office, I got an email from saying processingnof my application is complete. Took a while though before I received the email instructions from the Visa office regarding the additional documents they require. How long has it been since you submitted your PR application?
My Timeline:
May 30, 2016 - application sent
June 1, 2016 - delivered and received by CIC
June 7, 2016 - email received from CIC, eligibility met(Caring for Children class), processing started
June 8, 2016 - payment has been charged, received email confirmation that they received my application, and to continue processing they need some documents from my family members
June 9,2016 - CIC-paris sent me an email about the additional documents
June 13, 2016 - submitted to CIC paris the said documents, and just received an automated reply(confirming I submitted documents)
....that's it, no more updates from CIC paris and CIC vegreville
....did check online about the status of my application, still IN PROCESS...

VIKY74

May 19, 2016
crombie15 said:
No they didn't ask for a fee. On jun 27th, they charged my credit card and said that I was eligible and that I was supposed to send documents to the address (but did not say which documents; That part was blank) and the next day (jun 28) they sent me an email confirming that they have received my application. So I'm not sure if I'm supposed to wait or send them some document. Because It didn't say which document. I'm hoping that was just a generic eligibility email and the fact that the section under sending documents is blank means that I don't need to send any documents??
HI crombie15, any updates yet? I've been reading all the messages here for me to relate....thanks