+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for PR under NEW Caregiver Program

fair and honest

May 6, 2016
MOCHA said:
It's very frustrating. May i know if you are single or married? If married, in which country your dependent is living now? In abu dhabi i know 2 persons that were approved after 4 and 6 months. But you are the first one i know that reach its 8th month and still on process. Do u have idea what makes your waiting period longer? Like policeclearance,medical etc?
I don't agree with you, since I know people, whose process has been lasting over 7 months. They are afraid to write about it in the forum because they are afraid to voice out there issues, since they may have to deal with immigration service payback. They continue to live in fear. Please see aso Helen8868's letter above.
There are people in form, who state that their process was complete in 1 month. I think it is a way government advertises the program. But reality is that there are more people whose process lasted more than 6 months.

srisri3

Jan 22, 2013
theresazxl said:
Hi everyone
I am on PGWP NOC3233. My work permit is about to expire on June 2017. CRS383 in EE pool under CEC. I think I am qualified to apply for caring people in high medical need if I have 2 year work exp. I am wondering what should I do if my PGWP expires right after I submitted my application? Thanks
HI Theresa
You can Apply under Caring people with High Medical needs,It takes very less time 1 to 2 months max(2-3 weeks for processing and one month for interview),According to the current timeline
Even You can extend your Work permit up to one year Bridging work permit Once you get the AOR to your application(normally you get AOR in 1 week to 10 days after your application reaches CIC)
Any how you got enough time on PGWP...dont worry apply as soon as possible

All the best....

MOCHA

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Riyadh
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2016
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Done....
18-01-2016
fair and honest said:
I don't agree with you, since I know people, whose process has been lasting over 7 months. They are afraid to write about it in the forum because they are afraid to voice out there issues, since they may have to deal with immigration service payback. They continue to live in fear. Please see aso Helen8868's letter above.
There are people in form, who state that their process was complete in 1 month. I think it is a way government advertises the program. But reality is that there are more people whose process lasted more than 6 months.
Yah i didnt say that you have to agree, as ive said , you are the first one "I KNOW" lasted more than 6 months. Most of the people I KNOW around 10 got their approval in less than a month 1 got hers in 4 months and 1 got in 6 months. The last 2 ive mentioned have dependents in middle east. All those approx 10 people got their approval in less than a month have their dependents in the philippines. I do believe that we shouldn't be afraid to send emails or call them as long as we construct our letters in a polite way. I didn't hear any case that was being rejected due to numerous follow ups. It won't harm if we will try at least we do our part. At the end of this processing, if it's really for us, it will come in the perfect time.

MOCHA

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Riyadh
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2016
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Done....
18-01-2016
fair and honest said:
Single or married?
Are you a filipino?

Vern

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Hello, I would like to ask when can we apply for Open work permit and Pr under live in caregiver program. Can we already apply for open work permit and Pr once we already gained 24 months of stay here in canada?

Thank you.

fair and honest

May 6, 2016
Dear officials, on your official website you have mentioned :
“Complete applications under the new pathways will be processed within six months. (How long will it take CIC to process applications under the Caring for Children or the Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathways?).”
Already I am waiting for 8 months.
I wrote letter to the Minister of Immigration, couple letters to Immigration office and receive the same answer: “Your application is in the process” and nothing more explanation, why does it take more time to process the application, than time mentioned in official web site?
Dear officials, Why did you write false information on your official website ?

conman

Mar 31, 2014
I applied for Medical Needs Pathway

May13 - Application sentto CPC Vegreville
May 16 - Application was receieved by the CPC/CIC (as shown in express tracking)
May 18 - Credit card was used by CIC/CPC - but still pending

why is it pending? still a bit fast for my application.. I'm from BC

conman

Mar 31, 2014
Vern said:
Hello, I would like to ask when can we apply for Open work permit and Pr under live in caregiver program. Can we already apply for open work permit and Pr once we already gained 24 months of stay here in canada?

Thank you.
If you have a pending application for PR.. and you got the file number or AOR as they say.. you can apply for open permit

fair and honest

May 6, 2016
“Complete applications under the new pathways will be processed within six months. (How long will it take CIC to process applications under the Caring for Children or the Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathways?).”
I wrote letter to the Minister of Immigration, couple letters to Immigration office and receive the same answer: “Your application is in the process” and nothing more explanation, why does it take more time to process the application, than time mentioned in official web site?
I know also people, whose process has been lasting over 7 months. They are afraid to write about it in the forum because they are afraid to voice out there issues, since they may have to deal with immigration service payback. They continue to live in fear.

VIKY74

May 19, 2016
Bokoks15 said:
Dependant's visa on hand after 9weeks from the date of landing interview! ;D
hi Bokoks15, I hope you can read this. I just want to ask about the Additional Family Information(IMM 5406) which you filed, so I understand that you have your own form as a principal applicant. what did you do about the form of your spouse, did you sign it in behalf of her or she sends the form to you with her signature on it? thanks, please reply....

VIKY74

May 19, 2016
MOCHA said:
Single or married?
Are you a filipino?
hi MOCHA, I've been reading the forum since last year and now is my time to apply, on May 30, 2016 to be exact. I'm just wondering if you can help me about this, I have a question about the Additional Family Information IMM 5406 of my spouse. It says on the document checklist, completed, dated and signed by everyone. what did you do? Did your spouse send you his filled up form or did you sign it for him? Even the Schedule A its still the same. please, I really need your reply...thank you very much..

conman

Mar 31, 2014
fair and honest said:
I know also people, whose process has been lasting over 7 months. They are afraid to write about it in the forum because they are afraid to voice out there issues, since they may have to deal with immigration service payback. They continue to live in fear.

fair and honest.. have you receieved an AOR numer or application number on your application? coz if you have that you can apply for an open permit..

MOCHA

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Riyadh
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2016
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Done....
18-01-2016
VIKY74 said:
hi MOCHA, I've been reading the forum since last year and now is my time to apply, on May 30, 2016 to be exact. I'm just wondering if you can help me about this, I have a question about the Additional Family Information IMM 5406 of my spouse. It says on the document checklist, completed, dated and signed by everyone. what did you do? Did your spouse send you his filled up form or did you sign it for him? Even the Schedule A its still the same. please, I really need your reply...thank you very much..
Hi, I went on vacation last december that's why I asked my husband to sign all forms that need his signature.

fair and honest

May 6, 2016
conman said:
fair and honest.. have you receieved an AOR numer or application number on your application? coz if you have that you can apply for an open permit..
I have my application number, open permit, multy entry visa...but I have 2 sons....they are waiting me