+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for PR under NEW Caregiver Program

CANADA-13

Nov 2, 2015
egay_11 said:
Hi guys, I want to share my timeline. I only have my husband as a dependant.

Dec 18, 2015 - PR application sent ( Caring for people with high medical needs)
Dec 21, 2015 - Received by CIC
Dec 23, 2015 - In process
Dec 24, 2015 - Eligibilty letter
Jan 5, 2016 - Received letter of approval
Jan 14, 2016 - Interview (Vancouver)

I want to thank Funsho heritage, bokoks15, cass 77 and espasol for replying to my queries. This forum helped me a lot. God bless us all...//
Can you please share how was your interview? Questions asked and all that? Thanks!

Frai_06

Apr 27, 2016
Hi, I am currently working as a Live-in caregiver and will apply for PR under the new pathway (Caring for people with high medical needs). My work permit is still valid until 2018 and my current employer is willing to renew my contract for another year (until 2017).Can I apply for OWP when I process my PR application even if it's still valid until 2018? If so, am I supposed to mail it all together in one envelope?
Thank you all!

tabznya

Jun 9, 2015
MOCHA said:
Actually, the only email i received was saying that abu dhabi office will be contacting my dependent for immigration examination persuant. But they are not contacting or sending email to my husband. I dnt know what they need because as far as i knw we already submitted all the necessary documents, medical and police clearnces. I'm also hoping that they wont send any email and just decide that everything we had submitted are enough already for them to give us approval.
By the way, when did ur common law here in canada received the email that saying the abu dhabi office will be contacting you?

If you have representative,the email or the instruction will go directly to ur representative.
Hi! How's the status of your application? Has your dependent heard from the visa office abroad yet?

fair and honest

May 6, 2016
On your website you have mentioned :
“Complete applications under the new pathways will be processed within six months. (How long will it take CIC to process applications under the Caring for Children or the Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathways?).”
Already I am waiting for 8 months.
I wrote letter to the Minister of Immigration, couple letters to Immigration office and receive the same answer: “Your application is in the process” and nothing more explanation, why does it take more time to process the application, than time mentioned in official web site?
Dear officials, Why did you write false information on your official website ?

Helen8868

May 6, 2016
I filed my application under the new pathway, Caring for Children stream, on 02 Nov 2015.CIC started to process it on 05 Nov 2015, now my waiting time is over 6 months! I got a dependent only,my husband,in China. How should I do now? CIC promised us they should finish the application within 6 months, and they cannot keep their promise! How can they do that to us?! Now, my husband and I are both very frustrated, through three and half years hard working in this LCP program, and all days and nights separations, We don't want to be waiting anymore. God, my glory Lord! Pls help us!

Helen8868

May 6, 2016
Hi, guys, I strongly recommend everyone who has been waiting over 6 months in New two pathways of PR application should try to order CAIPS notes, to find out which step you are under the processing procedures. it is quite easy and free if you are personal living in Canada now. If you want to get the dependents informations who is over 18 years old, you also need to send a consent form in the same time as you file your order. The order website of CAIPS is atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip. To remember, submitted your request under the Privacy Act, it is totally free for residents of Canada, including any work permit holders. otherwise, you will be charged 5 CAD.

fair and honest

May 6, 2016
“Complete applications under the new pathways will be processed within six months. (How long will it take CIC to process applications under the Caring for Children or the Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathways?).”
I wrote letter to the Minister of Immigration, couple letters to Immigration office and receive the same answer: “Your application is in the process” and nothing more explanation, why does it take more time to process the application, than time mentioned in official web site?

theresazxl

Mar 16, 2016
Hi everyone
I am on PGWP NOC3233. My work permit is about to expire on June 2017. CRS383 in EE pool under CEC. I think I am qualified to apply for caring people in high medical need if I have 2 year work exp. I am wondering what should I do if my PGWP expires right after I submitted my application? Thanks

fair and honest

May 6, 2016

MOCHA

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Riyadh
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2016
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Done....
18-01-2016
fair and honest said:
You can call cic and tell them about your case, im also waiting for 2 months already and they told me to call back when it's already 6 months and still not yet approved. They said it shud be 6 months so you have the right to complain. You can also write an email in case specific enquiry.
By the way do you have dependents?where are they living now?

MOCHA

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Riyadh
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2016
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Done....
18-01-2016
tabznya said:
Hi! How's the status of your application? Has your dependent heard from the visa office abroad yet?
They didn't contact my husband, they just replied to my email that they will only contact him if they need some documents.
They received my application last march 4 and now the status is still on process.

fair and honest

May 6, 2016
MOCHA said:
You can call cic and tell them about your case, im also waiting for 2 months already and they told me to call back when it's already 6 months and still not yet approved. They said it shud be 6 months so you have the right to complain. You can also write an email in case specific enquiry.
By the way do you have dependents?where are they living now?
I wrote letter to the Minister of Immigration, couple letters to Immigration office, I called them several times and receive the same answer: “Your application is in the process” and nothing more explanation.

fair and honest

May 6, 2016

MOCHA

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Riyadh
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2016
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Done....
18-01-2016
fair and honest said:
I wrote letter to the Minister of Immigration, couple letters to Immigration office, I called them several times and receive the same answer: “Your application is in the process” and nothing more explanation.
It's very frustrating. May i know if you are single or married? If married, in which country your dependent is living now? In abu dhabi i know 2 persons that were approved after 4 and 6 months. But you are the first one i know that reach its 8th month and still on process. Do u have idea what makes your waiting period longer? Like policeclearance,medical etc?

MOCHA

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Riyadh
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2016
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Done....
18-01-2016
fair and honest said:
You send more emails until you got their attention. The person i know that was approved few weeks ago sent a lot of emails before she finally caught their attention and consider her concerns. I still believe that sometimes they have consideration or should i say it's a matter of luck if the v.o who's holding your application is considerate or lazy or even sleeping most of the time (just kidding)