+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for PR under NEW Caregiver Program

pepperface

Mar 19, 2015
Hi. I worked as a Live-in caregiver to my elderly employer from June 29,2014 to May 2015 (11 months).Now I found a new employer taking care of 17 years old with disabilities. Basically all I need is another 13 months to be eligible for permanent residency. Can I combine hours from my 2 different employers? Am I qualified for taking care of people with higher medical needs?
I will wait for reply.
Thank you

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
pepperface said:
Hi. I worked as a Live-in caregiver to my elderly employer from June 29,2014 to May 2015 (11 months).Now I found a new employer taking care of 17 years old with disabilities. Basically all I need is another 13 months to be eligible for permanent residency. Can I combine hours from my 2 different employers? Am I qualified for taking care of people with higher medical needs?
I will wait for reply.
Thank you
I suggest you to give a call to cic call center..
In my opinion, you are eligible to apply after 13months. you can combine the two employers.
Because you are qualified for caring people with high medical needs ( if you meet the language and the education part)
As a caregiver, the noc code is the same, 4412. Just different duties, Which you can show the detail in schedule15 form.

pepperface

Mar 19, 2015
Cass77 said:
I suggest you to give a call to cic call center..
In my opinion, you are eligible to apply after 13months. you can combine the two employers.
Because you are qualified for caring people with high medical needs ( if you meet the language and the education part)
As a caregiver, the noc code is the same, 4412. Just different duties, Which you can show the detail in schedule15 form.

thanks Cass77
I am a registered Nurse back home and my IELTS band score is 7.5 but its already expired.The CIC said that the 17 years old with disabilities is still under caring for children. So do I have to complete again the 24 months work experience?

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
pepperface said:
thanks Cass77
I am a registered Nurse back home and my IELTS band score is 7.5 but its already expired.The CIC said that the 17 years old with disabilities is still under caring for children. So do I have to complete again the 24 months work experience?
Pepper face you have to call CIC again because by time you will be applying next year, the child would have been 18years. At that time you can possibly only apply under high medical needs and not caring for children.

I urge you to search and download a copy of this vital document titled: Canada gazette ARCHIVED — Vol. 148, No. 48 — November 29, 2014 new ministerial instruction as pertains to the new caregiver program. It is the truth you must know. I would have loved to post the link but couldn't get it done on this platform.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Funsho Heritage said:
I urge everyone to search and download a copy of this vital document titled: Canada gazette ARCHIVED — Vol. 148, No. 48 — November 29, 2014 new ministerial instruction as pertains to the new caregiver program. It is the truth you must know. I would have loved to post the link but couldn't get it done on this platform.

Firstly, I want to sincerely salute the openness of members on this platform and most importantly; the brilliant ideas and timeline posted by the duo of Bokoks15 and Cass77, you are much appreciated. To others, I ignore no one, you are all appreciated as well. I wish everyone success.

Before, I post my timeline, I need to let everyone know that this new program is a pilot program that is due for review in 2019 so please get it right before you apply, it could be so frustrating. Also, the cap per year for the Caring for Children class and high medical need class are 2750 per stream.

Now here is my timeline:

FIRST APPLICATION

Application received: 17th March, 2015
CC charged : 19th March, 2015
AOR : 19th March, 2015
Decision made : 21st April, 2015 (Application Refused)
: 26months closed work permit issued to continue working for same employer.
why? I included open work permit form just in case there is a delay

REASON FOR REFUSAL OF APPLICATION:

1. Have not acquired at least 2years work experience.
2. Credential assessment from WES didn't meet the requirement.

HOW I FIXED THE PROBLEM

For the work experience, I came under LCP program on March 17th 2013 and on the date my application was received, That was exactly 2years. right? However, I and my friend researched and discovered that tax remittance to CRA get updated on file on or before 15th of the following months. Therefore,if my employer had paid the last month tax it wouldn't have reflected on file.

Personal experience: I guess CIC both count the number of months you spent in the program and match it with your tax record

For the credential evaluation, I applied to ICES BCIT of BC on August 10th for rush service evaluation and I got better result compared to WES assessment.

NOW SECOND APPLICATION :D :D :D

Application Received: 14th September, 2015
CC charged : 17th September, 2015
AOR : 18th September, 2015
Eligibility Letter : 18th September, 2015. Eligibility requirements met, family members to submit more documents
ECAS Status: : 1. Application received as stated above
2. We started processing your application on September 17th, 2015
How's your application?

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
espasol said:
How's your application?
Sorry guys for late post

Timeline Update

Application received: 14th September, 2015
CC charged: 17th September, 2015
AIP/eligilibility letter: 18th September, 2015 - CIC requested more info about dependents, same sent and was received 21st September, 2015
CIC Letter: 22nd September, 2015 - No more documents required at our office in Vegreville, You will be contacted by Accra embassy

Accra Embassy: 23rd September, 2015 File opened for dependents, email containing checklist to submit more documents received.

Open Work permit: 30th September, 2015 Received 2 years open work permit in the mail. why??? . I included open work permit application.
For singles you don't have to include open work permit but for married from west Africa like me, I strongly recommend
this option.

OPW Date issued: 24/09/2015 with an expiry date 24/09/2017 Remark on permit: PR initial approval granted

ECAS Status: Application in process, all events stated above listed.

Hope this helps?

egay_11

Jan 5, 2013
Funsho Heritage said:

Sorry guys for late post

Timeline Update

Application received: 14th September, 2015
CC charged: 17th September, 2015
AIP/eligilibility letter: 18th September, 2015 - CIC requested more info about dependents, same sent and was received 21st September, 2015
CIC Letter: 22nd September, 2015 - No more documents required at our office in Vegreville, You will be contacted by Accra embassy

Accra Embassy: 23rd September, 2015 File opened for dependents, email containing checklist to submit more documents received.

Open Work permit: 30th September, 2015 Received 2 years open work permit in the mail. why??? . I included open work permit application.
For singles you don't have to include open work permit but for married from west Africa like me, I strongly recommend
this option.

OPW Date issued: 24/09/2015 with an expiry date 24/09/2017 Remark on permit: PR initial approval granted

ECAS Status: Application in process, all events stated above listed.

Hope this helps?
Thanks a lot for your posts Funsho heritage. Congratulations! I am married too and I was hesitating to include an open work permit application with the permanent residency for caring for people with high medical needs. Thanks to you, I think it is better to apply for an open work permit too. May I ask then if you sent your OWP documents to the same address/unit where you sent the PR application or did you send it to Unit 202 in Vegreville? Thank you.
Again, congratulations and good luck. You will be with your family soon.

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
egay_11 said:
Thanks a lot for your posts Funsho heritage. Congratulations! I am married too and I was hesitating to include an open work permit application with the permanent residency for caring for people with high medical needs. Thanks to you, I think it is better to apply for an open work permit too. May I ask then if you sent your OWP documents to the same address/unit where you sent the PR application or did you send it to Unit 202 in Vegreville? Thank you.
Again, congratulations and good luck. You will be with your family soon.
Egay_11, Thanks for the best wish.

To answer your question, you have to attach your Open work permit documentation together with your PR application just like in the old Live in caregiver program. Your entire PR package goes to the office in charge of whichever class you are applying to, I mean whether caring for the children class or High medical needs.
The officer will then review everything together and once it has been determined that you meet the eligibility. Then you will be issue OPW while your application processing continues.

In your case if you want the OPW, your PR and OPW applications Packaged together in the same envelop goes to:

Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class
Case Processing Centre - Vegreville
Permanent Residence Applications
6212-55th Avenue – Unit 803
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W7.

But note that you can only get OPW if your PR application sail through the Preliminary stage. So make sure you tidy up properly!

Hope this helps?

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
I implore everyone to read this.

Who can apply for open work permit

Why is CIC silence on this; in the new program?

Answer: I strongly guess, because the processing time is just within 6months. However, you won't be turn down if you include it; like the old LCP.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=177&t=17

Also read this as regards to the new program, what we all need to know. Very important! !!

Ministerial instruction as gazetted. Read pages 1-6

http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-11-29/html/notice-avis-eng.php

egay_11

Jan 5, 2013
Funsho Heritage said:
I implore everyone to read this.

Who can apply for open work permit

Why is CIC silence on this; in the new program?

Answer: I strongly guess, because the processing time is just within 6months. However, you won't be turn down if you include it; like the old LCP.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=177&t=17

Also read this as regards to the new program, what we all need to know. Very important! !!

Ministerial instruction as gazetted. Read pages 1-6

http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-11-29/html/notice-avis-eng.php
Funsho heritage, thank you so much for your very detailed answers and tips. You are helping us a lot. I have read the ministerial instructions but I am just quite confused on the part of "Retention and disposition." Thank you for sharing. I wish you luck for your future endeavours.

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
egay_11 said:
Funsho heritage, thank you so much for your very detailed answers and tips. You are helping us a lot. I have read the ministerial instructions but I am just quite confused on the part of "Retention and disposition." Thank you for sharing. I wish you luck for your future endeavours.
Egay_11,

Retention and disposition refers to how agency of government in Canada keeps and dispose of individual personal record especially Immigration.

God forbid, if one's application is refused, CIC keeps such record for 2 years

If there are irregularities in your documentation or misrepresentation, such records are kept for 5years

If your PR application is approved, your personal information is kept for 65 years from now.

batute87

Oct 8, 2015
Hi,
I was just wondering about this high medical needs pathway program. I am currently working as a home support worker in an assisted living facility. I arrive in Canada July 23, 2014 9:30 pm in Vancouver but was scheduled to start working July 28 of same year. There will no renewal with my contract. If my employer will give me a certificate of employment or reference letter with start date of work July 28, 2014 until July 22, 2016 (which is the expiry date of my work permit.) Will this matter in my application for high medical needs pathway since I have 5 days deficit? Thanks!

SuperJ

Oct 10, 2015
Hi sir, may I ask you how did the centre in Etobicoke contacted you for the appointment? Is it via mail or phone call? I'm worried because I might have missed them. And how long did you wait for them to contact you?
I received PR approval letter via email Sept 30 under Caring for People with High Medical Need Class.
I am looking forward to your reply and thanks in advance!

batute87

Oct 8, 2015
Hi Funsho!

I have read your post re: high medical needs pathway. You said your first application was ECA did not meed criteria and you have it reassessed with ICES? I was just wondering if you don't mind what is was your degree before. I am trying to help a friend who has 24 months exp with high medical needs pathway but she only finished midwifery. Upon WES evaluation she only finished Grade 12. Seeing your post is inspiring on her part and might be a way for her to apply. Your response re: this matter is highly appreciated.

SuperJ

Oct 10, 2015
Bokoks15 said:
I got my approval letter via email on January 15,2015 and landing interview on January 27,2015. On the interview day they will give your copr and stamp your passport. After 6-8weeks you will get your pr card.
Hi Bokoks15 how are you? May I ask you how did the centre in Etobicoke contacted you for the appointment? Is it via mail or phone call? I'm worried because I might have missed them. And how long did you wait for them to contact you?
I received PR approval letter via email Sept 30 under Caring for People with High Medical Need Class.
I am looking forward to your reply and thanks in advance!