+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for PR under NEW Caregiver Program

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Maryangel28 said:
Hi, I am also a Health care aide with a work permit of 2 yrs, ( expires on april 2016) however within that 2 yr contract i went to the philippines for 2 weeks as a bereavement paid leave. My mom passed away and so i went home. It says on the cic website applicants are only allowed for 2 weeks vacation in a year. Im just wondering if bereavement can be counted as working hours to satisfy the 24 months requirement being asked?
as long as it's in your contract and it's paid and taxed.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Maryangel28 said:
Hello,
· My goal is to apply for permanent residence through the “caring for people with high medical needs pathway” after the completion of my current 24 month contract as a nurse attendant (NOC 3413 in previous LMIA). However, as was determined, once My work permit expires, I will be a few days short of the 24 months work experience requirement for my permanent residence application. So in order for me to stay in Canada and satisfy the 24 months requirement is to find a new employer (therefore a new LMIA application) – for example work as a home support worker. Presumably, this new LMIA would be under a different NOC (i.e. NOC 4412). Both NOCs are under the unit group for “caring for people with high medical needs ”. Would the CIC accept work experience based on 2 different NOCs (e.g. 3413 and 4412) for the 24 month period for my future permanent resident application?
what i know is that it should be on the same NOC. you may call cic.

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
I urge everyone to search and download a copy of this vital document titled: Canada gazette ARCHIVED — Vol. 148, No. 48 — November 29, 2014 new ministerial instruction as pertains to the new caregiver program. It is the truth you must know. I would have loved to post the link but couldn't get it done on this platform.

Firstly, I want to sincerely salute the openness of members on this platform and most importantly; the brilliant ideas and timeline posted by the duo of Bokoks15 and Cass77, you are much appreciated. To others, I ignore no one, you are all appreciated as well. I wish everyone success.

Before, I post my timeline, I need to let everyone know that this new program is a pilot program that is due for review in 2019 so please get it right before you apply, it could be so frustrating. Also, the cap per year for the Caring for Children class and high medical need class are 2750 per stream.

Now here is my timeline:

FIRST APPLICATION

Application received: 17th March, 2015
CC charged : 19th March, 2015
AOR : 19th March, 2015
Decision made : 21st April, 2015 (Application Refused)
: 26months closed work permit issued to continue working for same employer.
why? I included open work permit form just in case there is a delay

REASON FOR REFUSAL OF APPLICATION:

1. Have not acquired at least 2years work experience.
2. Credential assessment from WES didn't meet the requirement.

HOW I FIXED THE PROBLEM

For the work experience, I came under LCP program on March 17th 2013 and on the date my application was received, That was exactly 2years. right? However, I and my friend researched and discovered that tax remittance to CRA get updated on file on or before 15th of the following months. Therefore,if my employer had paid the last month tax it wouldn't have reflected on file.

Personal experience: I guess CIC both count the number of months you spent in the program and match it with your tax record

For the credential evaluation, I applied to ICES BCIT of BC on August 10th for rush service evaluation and I got better result compared to WES assessment.

NOW SECOND APPLICATION :D :D :D

Application Received: 14th September, 2015
CC charged : 17th September, 2015
AOR : 18th September, 2015
Eligibility Letter : 18th September, 2015. Eligibility requirements met, family members to submit more documents
ECAS Status: : 1. Application received as stated above
2. We started processing your application on September 17th, 2015

egay_11

Jan 5, 2013
Funsho Heritage said:
I urge everyone to search and download a copy of this vital document titled: Canada gazette ARCHIVED — Vol. 148, No. 48 — November 29, 2014 new ministerial instruction as pertains to the new caregiver program. It is the truth you must know. I would have loved to post the link but couldn't get it done on this platform.

Firstly, I want to sincerely salute the openness of members on this platform and most importantly; the brilliant ideas and timeline posted by the duo of Bokoks15 and Cass77, you are much appreciated. To others, I ignore no one, you are all appreciated as well. I wish everyone success.

Before, I post my timeline, I need to let everyone know that this new program is a pilot program that is due for review in 2019 so please get it right before you apply, it could be so frustrating. Also, the cap per year for the Caring for Children class and high medical need class are 2750 per stream.

Now here is my timeline:

FIRST APPLICATION

HOW I FIXED THE PROBLEM

For the work experience, I came under LCP program on March 17th 2013 and on the date my application was received, That was exactly 2years. right? However, I and my friend researched and discovered that tax remittance to CRA get updated on file on or before 15th of the following months. Therefore,if my employer had paid the last month tax it wouldn't have reflected on file.

Personal experience: I guess CIC both count the number of months you spent in the program and match it with your tax record

For the credential evaluation, I applied to ICES BCIT of BC on August 10th for rush service evaluation and I got better result compared to WES assessment.

Eligibility Letter : 18th September, 2015. Eligibility requirements met, family members to submit more documents
Wow, thats really fast Funsho heritage, your timeline is very inspiring. Congratulations! Thank you so much for letting us know.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Funsho Heritage said:

Now here is my timeline:

FIRST APPLICATION

HOW I FIXED THE PROBLEM

2. We started processing your application on September 17th, 2015 Hi, I was only tracing my application that was sent last wk of Friday and was received by them sept of 14 but I haven't gotten any email from them yet, I'm for caring for people with high medical needs? May I know when did you received their email? I'm a bit scared now.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
egay_11 said:
Wow, thats really fast Funsho heritage, your timeline is very inspiring. Congratulations! Thank you so much for letting us know.
Congratulations! I just want to ask when did you received their email, they also received my mail last sept 14 but haven't heard anything from them yet, I'm a bit scared now. I should be getting their response if that they already received the email from them. Another thing, did they give you new UCI Or it's the old UCI that you still have right now. Thanks.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Funsho Heritage said:

Now here is my timeline:

FIRST APPLICATION

HOW I FIXED THE PROBLEM

congratulations? My application was also received last sept 14 but I haven't hear anything from them yet. I'm a bit scared now. May I know if they gave you a new UCI number and also, may I know what are those additional documents they asked from your family? How many Dependents do you have? Thanks.

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
espasol said:
Congratulations! I just want to ask when did you received their email, they also received my mail last sept 14 but haven't heard anything from them yet, I'm a bit scared now. I should be getting their response if that they already received the email from them. Another thing, did they give you new UCI Or it's the old UCI that you still have right now. Thanks.
Thanks espasol and everyone out there for your best wishes. I received CIC email on Friday 18th, September 2015.

Firstly, you don't have to panic once you are sure that all documents are in order. Secondly, how fast you will get response i guess depends on the officer and how much files he/she have to deal with at a particular time. I could be wrong right? this is just guessing.

And to answer your question on UCI number , first UCI connotes unique Client Identification Number so the number is all yours for life, it never change.

Like in my case, I have lived in 2 countries before now and I have used my UCI number all the way for TRV , Work permit and PR application. The only thing that changes each time you apply for anything at all is the application number.

For my family members, they are required to undergo immigration examination pursuant to immigration and refugee Act. The means that despite concurrent inclusion of my family members names in my application, each person still have to submit their own generic immigration form IMM0008 and other forms. Also, I am from west Africa, Nigeria precisely, there are other possible screening applicable to different zone of the world.

As to how many dependents do I have? 4

Hope this helps?

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Funsho Heritage said:
Thanks espasol and everyone out there for your best wishes. I received CIC email on Friday 18th, September 2015.

Firstly, you don't have to panic once you are sure that all documents are in order. Secondly, how fast you will get response i guess depends on the officer and how much files he/she have to deal with at a particular time. I could be wrong right? this is just guessing.

And to answer your question on UCI number , first UCI connotes unique Client Identification Number so the number is all yours for life, it never change.

Like in my case, I have lived in 2 countries before now and I have used my UCI number all the way for TRV , Work permit and PR application. The only thing that changes each time you apply for anything at all is the application number.

For my family members, they are required to undergo immigration examination pursuant to immigration and refugee Act. The means that despite concurrent inclusion of my family members names in my application, each person still have to submit their own generic immigration form IMM0008 and other forms. Also, I am from west Africa, Nigeria precisely, there are other possible screening applicable to different zone of the world.

As to how many dependents do I have? 4

Hope this helps?
I see, Because cass was given a new UCI number that's why I was so curious of asking you that question. I was worried about the tax contribution now because of what had happened to you, the NOA and T4 are only given every after tax filing, so how about for this year, how Can They know that My employer has been paying my tax for this year since the NOA and T4 will be out in next year? It also says in the instruction guide that we can have the days towards vacation will be credited in advance, that's why I filed on the twelve instead on the end of oct but since I was out of the country with employer for 2months but My salary is taxed here in canada, and since staying outside canada is not included in the counting, I paid those days, I arrived in 2013 of April plus I changed employer, vacation in the Philippines for 1 month and 3 weeks in which only 2 weeks were credited. Your answer will be more appreciated. Thanks.

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
espasol said:
I see, Because cass was given a new UCI number that's why I was so curious of asking you that question. I was worried about the tax contribution now because of what had happened to you, the NOA and T4 are only given every after tax filing, so how about for this year, how Can They know that My employer has been paying my tax for this year since the NOA and T4 will be out in next year? It also says in the instruction guide that we can have the days towards vacation will be credited in advance, that's why I filed on the twelve instead on the end of oct but since I was out of the country with employer for 2months but My salary is taxed here in Canada, and since staying outside Canada is not included in the counting, I paid those days, I arrived in 2013 of April plus I changed employer, vacation in the Philippines for 1 month and 3 weeks in which only 2 weeks were credited. Your answer will be more appreciated. Thanks.
For the new UCI number, am hearing this for the very first time.

For work tax issue, I suggested you put your NOA, T4 Slip and for months from January till date you will need a copy of CRA stamped statement voucher if your employer pays through the bank or un-stamped copy if your employer pays online. You needed 2 most recent copies.

Please note that statement for September will reflect tax payment from January till August just like bank statement.

On those time spent outside Canada, If you are doubting whether it will be deducted for your time or not, I will say to play safe, its better to pay it back and have more that enough months than delay and refusal of application.

Look at my case, I applied exactly 2years for technicalities reason I was refused, reapplied at approximately 30months and got AIP in a week.
My point is please play safe as much as you can, processing fee is not refundable

Hope this helps?

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Funsho Heritage said:
For the new UCI number, am hearing this for the very first time.

For work tax issue, I suggested you put your NOA, T4 Slip and for months from January till date you will need a copy of CRA stamped statement voucher if your employer pays through the bank or un-stamped copy if your employer pays online. You needed 2 most recent copies.

Please note that statement for September will reflect tax payment from January till August just like bank statement.

On those time spent outside Canada, If you are doubting whether it will be deducted for your time or not, I will say to play safe, its better to pay it back and have more that enough months than delay and refusal of application.

Look at my case, I applied exactly 2years for technicalities reason I was refused, reapplied at approximately 30months and got AIP in a week.
My point is please play safe as much as you can, processing fee is not refundable

Hope this helps?
My application package was returned yesterday. it arrived in their office via canada post last sept 14, the same day it was pre-assessed and found out the submitted ECA report only a copy, the officer had already started checking my papers because the generic form was stamped and the pictures was sealed with a small plastic sticked in a form. it took a week for the paper to be received by me because they mailed it in a regular mail. Yesterday, I mailed it back, hope it will be received tomorrow. If only that it was complete, I maybe had the AOR last sept 14. Anyway, for my stay outside canada, I already paid my days stayed there and I believe My tax contribution is enough for 24 months since I was receiving my salary in Canadian dollar and still taxed. I never provided them the deposit slip paid by my employer for tax, I just provided them the T4 and NOA and the reference letter from the employer. In the checklist, it was only the ECA which the officer highlated, I just hope the officer will not be seeing any errors in my application package sent. Anyway, is application good as approved? Thanks for your response.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
are you good as approved already? When you were refused the last time, was your work permit renewed already? Did you provide T4 and NOA of 2014 or just only 2013? As for me I arrived in April 2013, so I provided the T4 and NOA of 2013 and 2014 only. Thanks

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
espasol said:
are you good as approved already? When you were refused the last time, was your work permit renewed already? Did you provide T4 and NOA of 2014 or just only 2013? As for me I arrived in April 2013, so I provided the T4 and NOA of 2013 and 2014 only. Thanks
my work permit expired 17th March, 2015 and that was why I put open work permit in the 1st application. However, since the application was refused i got closed permit. Open work permit is based on pr approval in principle.

For my tax documentation, I did everything u did espasol except those little additions that i put. Please, read my timeline again

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
espasol said:
My application package was returned yesterday. it arrived in their office via canada post last sept 14, the same day it was pre-assessed and found out the submitted ECA report only a copy, the officer had already started checking my papers because the generic form was stamped and the pictures was sealed with a small plastic sticked in a form. it took a week for the paper to be received by me because they mailed it in a regular mail. Yesterday, I mailed it back, hope it will be received tomorrow. If only that it was complete, I maybe had the AOR last sept 14. Anyway, for my stay outside canada, I already paid my days stayed there and I believe My tax contribution is enough for 24 months since I was receiving my salary in Canadian dollar and still taxed. I never provided them the deposit slip paid by my employer for tax, I just provided them the T4 and NOA and the reference letter from the employer. In the checklist, it was only the ECA which the officer highlated, I just hope the officer will not be seeing any errors in my application package sent. Anyway, is application good as approved? Thanks for your response.
I said that "check the checklist of the pr application carefully before you submit the application".
It shows which document cic needs the original, and which one they need the copy.
For ECA report, it shows that they need the original one.
For the tax thing, I provide my T4&NOA in 2013 and 2014. And I provide "statement of earnings"(shows the tax I paid due to the week I sent the documents,July 2013- July 2015) and "timesheet"( shows how many hours I worked)
And I am still working as a caregiver.
You dont have to worry about the tax thing, because cic officer will contact CRA to see how much tax your employer had paid before. If your employer didnt pay the tax, then he would be in trouble.

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Cass77 said:
I said that "check the checklist of the pr application carefully before you submit the application".
It shows which document cic needs the original, and which one they need the copy.
For ECA report, it shows that they need the original one.
For the tax thing, I provide my T4&NOA in 2013 and 2014. And I provide "statement of earnings"(shows the tax I paid due to the week I sent the documents,July 2013- July 2015) and "timesheet"( shows how many hours I worked)
And I am still working as a caregiver.
You dont have to worry about the tax thing, because cic officer will contact CRA to see how much tax your employer had paid before. If your employer didnt pay the tax, then he would be in trouble.
Cass77 is right.