+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for PR under NEW Caregiver Program

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
espasol said:
you work in a hospital setting?
you can work in a different employer as long you are working 30 hrs per week, period of unemployment is allowed, as long as you complete total of 24 months work experience.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
mylady833 said:
Employment for the new pathway is 1 employer for 24 months. They will not accept accummulated time of employment for different employers.
You must have at least 24 months of full-time work experience in Canada in the four years (48 months) before you apply in one of the following jobs listed in the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC):
Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012)
Licensed practical nurses (NOC 3233)
Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413)
Home support workers and related occupations (NOC 4412)
Note: Only Home support workers are eligible under NOC 4412. Housekeepers are not eligible.
Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week
Breaks in employment are allowed (for example, periods of unemployment, long periods of sickness, parental leave)
You must show that you performed the duties listed in the NOC job description
You must have done most of the main duties and ALL the essential duties in the NOC job description
Duties listed that begin with “may” in the NOC job description are not usually considered to be essential duties.
If you got your work experience in Canada as a registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse (NOC 3012) or as a licensed practical nurse (NOC 3233), you must:
prove that you are licensed to practice in Canada
provide proof that you are registered with the regulatory body, as required, in your province/territory at the time you apply
Your application will be refused if you do not show that your work experience meets the NOC description for one of the jobs listed above.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
mylady833 said:
Employment for the new pathway is 1 employer for 24 months. They will not accept accummulated time of employment for different employers.
in this form schedule 16, you are being asked you
About your employment including the employers name, hours of work per week and etc for the different employers if applicable. here's the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008_16e.pdf, so I believe it's allowed to have multiple employer as long you are working at least 30hrs per week for 24 months, not necessary uninterrupted employment, as long it's 24 months in the last four years.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
MACHU said:
yes. I did work 30hr/wk but status was partime.
did you provide a letter coming from the employer, letter format is stated in the checklist like the duties and responsibilities, work per hour and salary. Did you follow it?

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
MACHU said:
Hi,
My application received on August 24 and I got refusal letter on august 24 (reason: no fulltime for a specific period of time) and I did send a request letter to officer to reopen my case with my pay stubs to show 30 hour/week. I am just wondering whether your friend got any email from CIC saying that his file is reopened or he just received RPRF request directly. My status shows like decision made since August 24.
Thank you
No, he didnt get any email showed that his case got reopened.
he juse received RPRF directly.

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Is there any person who apply caring for children pathway? what is the timeline? Has there be anyone whose application got approved?

Please share with us. I fall under this group.

Thanks

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
Funsho Heritage said:
Is there any person who apply caring for children pathway? what is the timeline? Has there be anyone whose application got approved?

Please share with us. I fall under this group.

Thanks
I have another post about application under caring for children pathway...

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
CASS77,

Please, can you share what you know about the caring for the children class with us on this platform and have you seen anyone who got approved lately?

what was the processing time like if I may asked?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
Funsho Heritage said:
CASS77,

Please, can you share what you know about the caring for the children class with us on this platform and have you seen anyone who got approved lately?

what was the processing time like if I may asked?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
You can go to check cic.gc.ca It has everything there.
I think I am the person who got approved lately as I know...
For single application without any dependents, processing time would be 1-2 months
For application with dependents, processing time would be 3-6 months.

Maryangel28

Sep 15, 2015
Bokoks15 said:
Yes I had police cert, upfront medical, education assessment, ielts etc before I applied. I worked as healthcare Aide for 2 years.
Hi, I am also a Health care aide with a work permit of 2 yrs, ( expires on april 2016) however within that 2 yr contract i went to the philippines for 2 weeks as a bereavement paid leave. My mom passed away and so i went home. It says on the cic website applicants are only allowed for 2 weeks vacation in a year. Im just wondering if bereavement can be counted as working hours to satisfy the 24 months requirement being asked?

Maryangel28

Sep 15, 2015
Cass77 said:
Your NOC code is 4412 for live in caregiver.
The duty must fit your work, not only the title.
If you are in the wrong code, your application will be refused, and the processing fee is not refundable.
You need to reapply.
Hello,
· My goal is to apply for permanent residence through the “caring for people with high medical needs pathway” after the completion of my current 24 month contract as a nurse attendant (NOC 3413 in previous LMIA). However, as was determined, once My work permit expires, I will be a few days short of the 24 months work experience requirement for my permanent residence application. So in order for me to stay in Canada and satisfy the 24 months requirement is to find a new employer (therefore a new LMIA application) – for example work as a home support worker. Presumably, this new LMIA would be under a different NOC (i.e. NOC 4412). Both NOCs are under the unit group for “caring for people with high medical needs ”. Would the CIC accept work experience based on 2 different NOCs (e.g. 3413 and 4412) for the 24 month period for my future permanent resident application?