+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for bridging open WP under Implied Status after restoration period

Aggrey

Nov 23, 2016
I need some guidance on this situation:

My spouse immigration status under a post graduate work permit expired December 9th, 2016. Prior to then, she had submitted a paper application for open work permit which puts her in implied status. No feedback has been received from CIC about the paper application for work permit.

She has now received Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) for her MPNP PR paper application submitted to CIC. She plans to submit an online application for bridging open work permit, but the system will not let her continue as the expiration date of her immigration status is past the 3 months period to be eligible for restoration.

How can she proceed with the bridging open work permit application. Please advise.

AlbertaStar

Feb 15, 2017
Aggrey said:
I need some guidance on this situation:

My spouse immigration status under a post graduate work permit expired December 9th, 2016. Prior to then, she had submitted a paper application for open work permit which puts her in implied status. No feedback has been received from CIC about the paper application for work permit.

She has now received Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) for her MPNP PR paper application submitted to CIC. She plans to submit an online application for bridging open work permit, but the system will not let her continue as the expiration date of her immigration status is past the 3 months period to be eligible for restoration.

How can she proceed with the bridging open work permit application. Please advise.
it is NOT possible
because you passed your expiry date from your wp

if you apply for a BOWP you have to do it befor your expiry date of your current wp
with all supporting document's and condition's:

Upon receipt of the application, the processing office will confirm the following:

the APR under one of the economic classes (FSWC, CEC, FSTC, two caregiver classes and PNC [with no employment restrictions as a condition of the nomination, as specified above]) has passed the required permanent residence application stage;
the foreign national is currently in Canada;
the foreign national currently holds a valid work permit that will expire within the next four months, and there are no other issues of concern;
the work permit application is for an open work permit (as per the Details of intended work in Canada section);
the open work permit holder fee has been paid in addition to the processing fee; and
the applicant is not inadmissible to Canada.

ssiddharthsuresh

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017
She can still apply for a work permit based on her nomination. Cheers

Aggrey

Nov 23, 2016
When filing the online form, if you put an immigration status expiry date greater than 90 days, it does not let you continue, for being beyond the restoration period.
However, as she has been in implied status since December 9, 2016, since an application was submitted before expiration of the last status, my thought is, it then mean her status expiration period is no longer December 2016 but up till date pending a decision on her last application.

I therefore was thinking to use today's date when this new application is being prepared and to be submitted as her immigration status expiration date.

The system allowed me to proceed. Is this correct?????

Please advise of anyone will be appreciated.

AlbertaStar

Feb 15, 2017
Aggrey said:
When filing the online form, if you put an immigration status expiry date greater than 90 days, it does not let you continue, for being beyond the restoration period.
However, as she has been in implied status since December 9, 2016, since an application was submitted before expiration of the last status, my thought is, it then mean her status expiration period is no longer December 2016 but up till date pending a decision on her last application.

I therefore was thinking to use today's date when this new application is being prepared and to be submitted as her immigration status expiration date.

The system allowed me to proceed. Is this correct?????

Please advise of anyone will be appreciated.
after you passed the expiry date of your WP you can NOT apply for BOWP
furthermore if you apply for restoration of status you have to do it in the 90 day's of your WP-expiry date
and as far as i know it is doesn't matter if you are in implied status.

after the expiry date of your WP you can only apply with a R204(c) letter from your province that nominated you

link for R204(c) letter:
ww w.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/territories-provinces.asp

link for BOWP:
ww w.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

Aggrey

Nov 23, 2016
My spouse has received her BOWP. We did not submit another application nor pay for restoration. Her initial paper application for open work permit submitted in November 2016 prior to expiration of her PGWP was approved as a BOWP limited to working in Manitoba since she has received AOR for her PR application.

Reactions: liadostewart

ramsr

Apr 17, 2019
My spouse has received her BOWP. We did not submit another application nor pay for restoration. Her initial paper application for open work permit submitted in November 2016 prior to expiration of her PGWP was approved as a BOWP limited to working in Manitoba since she has received AOR for her PR application.

Hi Aggrey, Right now I am going through same phase as your spouse been in 2016, my work permit was expired in March 2019 prior to that I applied for extension , I got Express entry invitation and submitted my documents recently , now I have my AOR i'm unable to apply BOWP because my post grad work permit was expired, so do you think i can get BOWP , do you guys called to CIC or done any additional work .can you please replay to me.