+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to answer ALL questions...

matts19

Jul 2, 2023
I am filling out CIT0001e-2 for applying for Canadian citizenship on behalf of my kids.

The instruction says "answered all questions, or wrote “N/A” (not applicable) on the application form for any question or section that is not applicable to you".

It sounds like I have to answer ALL questions in ALL sections even if it means to enter "N/A". However, there are many sections in the form that says to skip to section XYZ depending on a situation. If I do that, then I would not be entering anything (not even "N/A"). So, this is quite ambiguous. What is the truth here ?

Lastly - if there is insufficient supporting document, would they return the whole application or would they send me a letter requesting further evidence ?

Thanks...

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I am filling out CIT0001e-2 for applying for Canadian citizenship on behalf of my kids.

The instruction says "answered all questions, or wrote “N/A” (not applicable) on the application form for any question or section that is not applicable to you".

It sounds like I have to answer ALL questions in ALL sections even if it means to enter "N/A". However, there are many sections in the form that says to skip to section XYZ depending on a situation. If I do that, then I would not be entering anything (not even "N/A"). So, this is quite ambiguous. What is the truth here ?

Lastly - if there is insufficient supporting document, would they return the whole application or would they send me a letter requesting further evidence ?

Thanks...
Are you doing paper application?

matts19

Jul 2, 2023
For paper whole package is returned in case ircc feels things are missing.
Hopefully skipping over the non-applicable sections (as I am told to do) does not mean missing information ? If I put N/A all over the place I'm afraid it would be messy and hard to read...