+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to add new born, post PPR2 request

riykhan

Jul 8, 2014
Dear Friends
This is the first time I am writing anything on the internet through this forum. This is a wonderful forum and I always follow it silently. One question made me to show up.

Last week I received PPR2 and ECAS is showing now decision made.
My wife is expecting and inshAllah due in Jan 2015 and Medicals for me and my wife will remain valid until end of April 2015.

Now here comes the situation, we are planning to land post our child's birth i.e. after Jan 2015.

In view of above situation I have following options in my mind and requesting your feedback:

option 1. If I and my wife submit passports now and go for a short landing before our child's birth and come back before the delivery, later how we gonna apply visa for our child?
option 2. If I inform LVO about the above situation and send all passports (including new born) for stamping after Jan 2015, would it possible that they will add our child to our application and stamp the visas for all? (keep in mind that I and my wife have already received communication for PPR2 last week)

Thank you all in advance.

sharmausct

Jun 24, 2013
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
Med's Request
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 22-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Med's Done....
First on 27-01-2014, Second on 27-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Passport Req..
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 16-10-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
VISA ISSUED...
First on 06-06-2014, Second on 14-10-2014 (due to family addition)
riykhan said:
Dear Friends
This is the first time I am writing anything on the internet through this forum. This is a wonderful forum and I always follow it silently. One question made me to show up.

Last week I received PPR2 and ECAS is showing now decision made.
My wife is expecting and inshAllah due in Jan 2015 and Medicals for me and my wife will remain valid until end of April 2015.

Now here comes the situation, we are planning to land post our child's birth i.e. after Jan 2015.

In view of above situation I have following options in my mind and requesting your feedback:

option 1. If I and my wife submit passports now and go for a short landing before our child's birth and come back before the delivery, later how we gonna apply visa for our child?
option 2. If I inform LVO about the above situation and send all passports (including new born) for stamping after Jan 2015, would it possible that they will add our child to our application and stamp the visas for all? (keep in mind that I and my wife have already received communication for PPR2 last week)

Thank you all in advance.
I will not suggest option 1, as you will have to sponsor your child if you do the delivery in India after getting your PR card.Its a difficult process.
read these links
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/baby-in-canada-on-trp-now-what-is-the-next-step-to-get-pr-t43671.60.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/baby-in-canada-on-trp-now-what-is-the-next-step-to-get-pr-t43671.90.html

option 2 is feasible but you will have only 2-3 months to add your baby before your visa expires.I dont know you will able to add him in 2-3 month time, as you need time for making birth certificate,passport,medical for new born.and i am not sure they will extend your visa or not.you can ask visa office by raising CSE. if they reply positively then go for it.if they dont reply then dont go for it.

best option is land now get your PR.then if you can stay till your baby delivery it is very good.
otherwise do landing around November and deliver baby in canada. delivery is free in alberta and even in toranto it will cost you very less if you opt midwives.
so your best bet is delivery in canada

riykhan

Jul 8, 2014
sharmausct said:
I will not suggest option 1, as you will have to sponsor your child if you do the delivery in India after getting your PR card.Its a difficult process.
read these links

option 2 is feasible but you will have only 2-3 months to add your baby before your visa expires.I dont know you will able to add him in 2-3 month time, as you need time for making birth certificate,passport,medical for new born.and i am not sure they will extend your visa or not.you can ask visa office by raising CSE. if they reply positively then go for it.if they dont reply then dont go for it.

best option is land now get your PR.then if you can stay till your baby delivery it is very good.
otherwise do landing around November and deliver baby in canada. delivery is free in alberta and even in toranto it will cost you very less if you opt midwives.
so your best bet is delivery in canada
Thanks a lot SHARMAUSCT for your invaluable input.
As suggested by you and lot others, option 1 is not at all feasible.

Now what is problem in delivering our baby there is that we will be getting our passports back with PR visa in Aug'14 and if we do extremely best then only we can land in Dec'14, as there are numerous things to finalize pre departure. Moreover, we have a plan to land in Toronto, so here comes another problem i.e. the health card in Toronto comes after 3 months. So as expected, baby is due in Jan 2015 inshAllah. If I count from Dec'14 till Jan'15 we will not be getting our health card and as no relatives I have there, it would be greatly difficult to arrange apartment, etc and most importantly midwives thingy.

What are the chances that LVO would grant PR visa to our new born if we submit his/her passport within 15 days of birth takes place? (Keeping in mind that I and my wife already got the visa but not yet landed and still 3 months are remaining in our PR visas expiry)

Thanks milli :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to make up your mind if you are going to land before the baby or not.

If you are going to land before the baby is born, send your passports now, get the visa and then make sure you land before the baby is born. If it is your choice to settle in Ontario, you can go to the free clinic in Scarborough and you can talk to Diversity midwives about your wife's care. Otherwise, you can settle in almost any other province except BC and you will get first day health care and childbirth is covered.

If you do not want to land before the baby is born, notify the visa office as a reply to the PPR that you can not send your passports because your wife is too close to delivery and that you ask that they will delay your visa until the baby is born so you can add him or her to the application. Then you can add the baby to your application when it is born and get a visa for all 3 of you. This could mean that your medicals expire and you may have to re-do them.

riykhan

Jul 8, 2014
Leon said:
You need to make up your mind if you are going to land before the baby or not.

If you are going to land before the baby is born, send your passports now, get the visa and then make sure you land before the baby is born. If it is your choice to settle in Ontario, you can go to the free clinic in Scarborough and you can talk to Diversity midwives about your wife's care. Otherwise, you can settle in almost any other province except BC and you will get first day health care and childbirth is covered.

If you do not want to land before the baby is born, notify the visa office as a reply to the PPR that you can not send your passports because your wife is too close to delivery and that you ask that they will delay your visa until the baby is born so you can add him or her to the application. Then you can add the baby to your application when it is born and get a visa for all 3 of you. This could mean that your medicals expire and you may have to re-do them.
Thanks Alot LEON
I will send and email to LVO regarding ths new development
+1 for u

Mech Warrior

Aug 21, 2013
Riykhan,

I have read about your concern and my situation is almost similar..

The issue is I have already submitted my and wife's passport for PR Visa Stamping.. We are expecting to get the Visa stamped in a week time..

Can you update what happened with your case ?? Did you hear anything back from Visa Officer ??

riykhan said:
Thanks Alot LEON
I will send and email to LVO regarding ths new development
+1 for u