+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How strict are they for the work reference letters and proof of funds for EE?

fulbio

Mar 15, 2018
So I submitted my application some weeks ago and it says that it's in progress, passed medical, now in background check. Two things worry me. One, is that I did not submit bank letter with the average balance for the past 6 months, however, I did submit payslips. Two, is that in one of my work letters, the description of the position is not stated (however, that job was about 7 years ago and I have had better jobs later on for which the description of the position is stated, I have also gone on and finished a PhD in Canada after that initial job).

So how strict are they in following the "rules"?. I had an earlier application cancelled because I did not submit one part of the police check for the country I currently reside in (mostly because I changed states, and CIC has slightly different requirements for different states of my residence country). I hope I don't wake up and find another cancellation one of these days.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Bank letter will be a problem. Proof of funds is required and payslips are not proof that you have the necessary settlement money. Get the bank letter ASAP and submit it with CSE.

Job letter may not be a problem if your other jobs are sufficient to qualify for your program and earn necessary CRS points.

fulbio

Mar 15, 2018
Bank letter will be a problem. Proof of funds is required and payslips are not proof that you have the necessary settlement money. Get the bank letter ASAP and submit it with CSE.

Job letter may not be a problem if your other jobs are sufficient to qualify for your program and earn necessary CRS points.
Let me clarify, I did submit bank balance letters, but those do not contain the average balance for the past 6 months....
For the job letter, that past job is the one that gets me over the minimum CRS points for my draw, so am I a deadman walking?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Let me clarify, I did submit bank balance letters, but those do not contain the average balance for the past 6 months....
For the job letter, that past job is the one that gets me over the minimum CRS points for my draw, so am I a deadman walking?
You may be ok on the proof of funds in that case. Alternative to average balance is to add 6 months statements.

As before if the job is required to claim the points, then the letter with job duties is a must.

maryjanesmith

Star Member
May 16, 2018
if you're currently working in Canada, it is my understanding that you do not need POF. Your wages from your job are sufficient.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you're currently working in Canada, it is my understanding that you do not need POF. Your wages from your job are sufficient.
Only if he's a CEC applicant or if he has a valid job offer. Working in Canada does not necessarily mean the applicant is exempt from providing POF.

Anyway the big issue here is providing a reference letter without duties/responsibilities.

fulbio

Mar 15, 2018
Anyway the big issue here is providing a reference letter without duties/responsibilities.
A bit more clarification. I have provided 2 more reference letters with duties detailed. Those jobs require more skills, one in Canada, other in Australia. The first job, for which the letter doesn't have duties, is from a developing country, and is usual practice there not to detail duties in reference letters...

How fast can I expect the cancellation? :(

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the answer to the question "does this job have an impact to your CRS/eligibility?" is "yes" then you'll be facing rejection.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
A bit more clarification. I have provided 2 more reference letters with duties detailed. Those jobs require more skills, one in Canada, other in Australia. The first job, for which the letter doesn't have duties, is from a developing country, and is usual practice there not to detail duties in reference letters...

How fast can I expect the cancellation? :(
You will not receive cancellation if you meet MEC points for EE and minimum CRS points requirement for the round you were invited under without counting experience from that job. And for proof of fund, Case Officers are instructed to practice procedural fairness though still it is their discretion.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
So I submitted my application some weeks ago and it says that it's in progress, passed medical, now in background check. Two things worry me. One, is that I did not submit bank letter with the average balance for the past 6 months, however, I did submit payslips. Two, is that in one of my work letters, the description of the position is not stated (however, that job was about 7 years ago and I have had better jobs later on for which the description of the position is stated, I have also gone on and finished a PhD in Canada after that initial job).

So how strict are they in following the "rules"?. I had an earlier application cancelled because I did not submit one part of the police check for the country I currently reside in (mostly because I changed states, and CIC has slightly different requirements for different states of my residence country). I hope I don't wake up and find another cancellation one of these days.
Please see the common reasons for rejection
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-e-apr-process-and-common-reasons-for-rejection.510587/

Nene Zim 17

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Hello @DelPiero07 Sorry to be a bother! I need some help very confused here! My spouse and I put in a PR application on 5 June 2018 which was cancelled as incomplete on 29 June 2018 as we had not provided Traffic History for Australia for my spouse. We have since acquired that missing document. Our initial proof of funds showed USD12 972 which is sufficient for a family of two. We showed it via a bank letter and statement of balance from the bank. We also had a gift deed from Mum-in-law of USD11 810. As of now our bank balance has changed. We now have USD14 292.48 of which USD1 600 from there will be our application fee and RPRF. Will the new balance of USD14 292.48 pose as a question as to where the extra has come from since last time or against our Gift Deed? Or will payslips of the last two months be sufficient. Or is the change in balance just not that big enough to worry about the CIC officer wondering where it came from or needing proof for it?

Last time we had not taken into account the Application fee and RPRF in our balance, would that have also caused rejected or the CIC officer does not even take that into consideration?

Your help is much appreciated in advance!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello @DelPiero07 Sorry to be a bother! I need some help very confused here! My spouse and I put in a PR application on 5 June 2018 which was cancelled as incomplete on 29 June 2018 as we had not provided Traffic History for Australia for my spouse. We have since acquired that missing document. Our initial proof of funds showed USD12 972 which is sufficient for a family of two. We showed it via a bank letter and statement of balance from the bank. We also had a gift deed from Mum-in-law of USD11 810. As of now our bank balance has changed. We now have USD14 292.48 of which USD1 600 from there will be our application fee and RPRF. Will the new balance of USD14 292.48 pose as a question as to where the extra has come from since last time or against our Gift Deed? Or will payslips of the last two months be sufficient. Or is the change in balance just not that big enough to worry about the CIC officer wondering where it came from or needing proof for it?

Last time we had not taken into account the Application fee and RPRF in our balance, would that have also caused rejected or the CIC officer does not even take that into consideration?

Your help is much appreciated in advance!
You don't need to take the processing fee or the RPRF added to balance of your bank account. As long as you meet the required $15,531 that's fine.

Regarding your other question if the bank account was opened less than 6 months ago then as long as you have proof as to where that money came from you'll be fine.