+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
hi everyone. I met a friend of mine yesterday who himself is trying for PR canada and australia as well. And let me tell you he wasn't some rookie in this process has studied and travelled the world for job and everything, has worked with UNICEF and CRY globally, hence took the information he told me seriously. Ok so here goes. He told me some really worrysome stuff. He said even after we land in canada and our PR card goes for processing, if we are unable to find ourselves a job within 60 days, we will be deported back to our home country. PR wont be cancelled or something like that but you will be sent back. Initially i got scared listening to this, but the more i pondered over it, I don't find this information to be that credible as i scourged the internet last night finding any stuff relating to this piece of information. Couldn't find even 1 smidge of information on this 60 day job thing. Can anyone just clarify this even if its very silly. Also any of our friends on this forum who are now in Canada on PR, can they throw some light on this stuff. Please?! He was saying even when we land, the immigration over there still has chances of sending us back from there after the immigration interview. One of his friend got sent back. And then this 60 day job thing. I'm just so worried as i was thinking obtaining the stamped passport is the last hurdle between me and Canada, but these issues seem never ending. I have a govt job here in Mumbai, India and i'm so scared of leaving this job and going to a foreign country after all this stupendous hardwork, time and money invested only to know i can still get sent back. My rant is over. Even if this piece of information is long any annoying can please someone help???!!!
This information is absolutely incorrect. There is no 60 day job condition that I have heard of.
Once you land, an interview is conducted and the PR is granted and that's about it,
If during the landing interview the CBSA officer finds some misrepresentation or some issues with your interview then yes, the person can be sent back.

nehakhedekar

Feb 26, 2020
This information is absolutely incorrect. There is no 60 day job condition that I have heard of.
Once you land, an interview is conducted and the PR is granted and that's about it,
If during the landing interview the CBSA officer finds some misrepresentation or some issues with your interview then yes, the person can be sent back.
thanks a ton for the clarification.

nehakhedekar

Feb 26, 2020
Guys i got email from VFS that your processed decision envelope has been dispatched from IRCC office Visa Application centre New Delhi. My application had reached NDVO on 17th feb.

Reactions: hypervariate123

addysinha

Apr 18, 2018
Guys i got email from VFS that your processed decision envelope has been dispatched from IRCC office Visa Application centre New Delhi. My application had reached NDVO on 17th feb.
Congratulations! Your message gave me a ray of hope, to expect response early next week. 17th was my passport submission date.

SambaBlue

Mar 6, 2020
ITA received:
24-Jul-19​
Medical Date:
03-Sep-19​
Documents submitted:
21-Sep-19​
AOR:
22-Sep-19​
Biometrics request:
07-Oct-19​
Ready for Visa email:
28-Feb-20​
Passport Submitted:
03-Mar-20​
Passport & COPR received:
05-Mar-20​
CIC updated:
06-Mar-20​

The application was applied from Riyadh on Pakistani Passport.

jayeshaminnew

Apr 25, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
18-08-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
Congratulations. I hope my passport come soon lol. It was received on 17th as well. Already booked tickets for March 13. Hopefully before that!!! When did you receive email and when did your case was approved?

Reactions: bassi4

KosVin

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
I got a msg saying my passport is dispatched from NDVO today March 6th.
here is my timeline
Passport Request - Feb 11th
Passport submitted at VFS (HYDERABAD) - Feb 12th
Passport reached to NDVO - Feb 13th
Visa under process at IRCC - Feb 14th
passport dispatched with envelope: March 6th.

Total 23 calendar days. 15 working days.
Good luck everyone.

Reactions: bassi4