+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

Mrs.patel6may

Sep 30, 2019
mine is pr under spousal catogery
I submitted mine on 7 feb and received by ircc on 10 feb and they start processing on 11 feb and today(27 feb) finally i got dispatched email for me it took 21 calander days and 13 working days.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
No a visa DOES NOT get invalidated if the passport is renewed!
When you have a new passport issued by the government, it only becomes valid once YOU decide to start using it, not when they issue it. Additional ALL visa applies to ALL passports that is issued to you is valid - (1) as long you have the original passport (2) that the replacement passport mention it replaces the first one...
I did some research online and it seems to be true however I am not sure if it applies to Immigration visas too or not as it is one time entry visa only.

Neha should see if she gets the visa back within the timeframe and if the passport has 6 months or more to travel then she can renew the passport in Canada by visiting any BLS centre.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Passport submitted to VFS on 11 February and still waiting. Today I couldn’t check status online ( CAS ) and I don’t know if it’s technical issue or it’s only with me !! Anyone facing same issue ?

nehakhedekar

Feb 26, 2020
I did some research online and it seems to be true however I am not sure if it applies to Immigration visas too or not as it is one time entry visa only.

Neha should see if she gets the visa back within the timeframe and if the passport has 6 months or more to travel then she can renew the passport in Canada by visiting any BLS centre.
Going by the latest trends, im expecting it to come in another 15-20 days. so hoping to get it by 20th march. And i am planning to travel in 1st week of May, Cos i need to wrap up my work commitments and other stuff in April. SO in May passport shall have validity of 5 months. Hence im unsure if i would get any immigration problems at India or even canada. I have checked with a lot of people and renewing the passport is the most viable option. I had shared a link of POE of IRCC in my previous post. That also clearly states the same. Hence i am going to renew my passport.

Neo2

Apr 10, 2019
Hi everyone, any Dakar VO here? I submitted my kid's passport Feb.4 till now no update. It's so stressful

Selvan

Feb 28, 2020
Hello friends,

just would like to share my timeline.
I have submitted my passport on 6 Feb and it reaches at NDVO on 7th and after its keep spinning with in process.

Then I got update on 27th-Feb from vfs that passport has been couriered.
Currently i am tracking from courier site and its about to delivered by 29th-Feb.

And My ircc account has been updated with process has been completed by 28-Feb and there’s a counter file added.

I hope it maybe useful for some of you to guess your timelines.

Reactions: YoYo81

addysinha

Apr 18, 2018
PPR received - 10 Feb
Passport Submitted in VFS Mumbai - 17 Feb
Passport delivered to NDVO - 19 Feb
No updates thereafter.
Anyone with the same timeline but have received the passport back ?
Expected it to return within 10 business days (as informed by VFS), but still waiting for some updates and passport.

nehakhedekar

Feb 26, 2020
PPR received - 10 Feb
Passport Submitted in VFS Mumbai - 17 Feb
Passport delivered to NDVO - 19 Feb
No updates thereafter.
Anyone with the same timeline but have received the passport back ?
Expected it to return within 10 business days (as informed by VFS), but still waiting for some updates and passport.
Please read previous posts. Some of us have similar timelines. We have shared responses regarding same. It will take 15-20 business days going by latest trends. Dont worry.

randomuser09

Dec 7, 2019
Hello Guys I am from Nepal. I submitted my passport after passport request and the passport reached IRCC on 11 of Feb and is under process since then and no updates.

bassi4

Nov 3, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
13-06-2019
AOR Received.
31-07-2019
File Transfer...
22-10-2019
Med's Request
12-08-2019
Med's Done....
19-08-2019
Going by the latest trends, im expecting it to come in another 15-20 days. so hoping to get it by 20th march. And i am planning to travel in 1st week of May, Cos i need to wrap up my work commitments and other stuff in April. SO in May passport shall have validity of 5 months. Hence im unsure if i would get any immigration problems at India or even canada. I have checked with a lot of people and renewing the passport is the most viable option. I had shared a link of POE of IRCC in my previous post. That also clearly states the same. Hence i am going to renew my passport.
Or you could just travel with the same passport and renew it in canada BLS centre. It’s not like India don’t have embassy over there.