+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

nehakhedekar

Feb 26, 2020
No need to be scared at all! The processing is taking a bit of time, about 25-30 days now, so just be patient. You have the Ready for Visa email, they will not deny you the PR. All of the people working at IRCC are not against you, they are just following procedures. So, the procedure here is to put the counterfoil in your passport, as long as it has 6 months validity and you have 2 free pages, which you have, so chill. :)
LOL. Thank you so much!!! I did not know its taking 25-30 days. Thank you again for the reply. I feel better. I had just one more query. Should i get my passport renewed post getting the visa, or i can fly with passport having 5 months of validity.

samsamsam1

May 9, 2019
LOL. Thank you so much!!! I did not know its taking 25-30 days. Thank you again for the reply. I feel better. I had just one more query. Should i get my passport renewed post getting the visa, or i can fly with passport having 5 months of validity.
I would get it renewed, you do not need to be in the country when you do that. I would just have it done, so its not on your mind.

dinesh545

Dec 5, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I have applied for student visa and submitted my passport in VFS on 12th Feb and it reached to NDVO on 13th Feb in the morning. while tracking the passport it is showing under process in NDVO and its been 13 days now. I have to travel around 25th April. Do i need to book my tickets or wait for the passport stamping?
Finally My passport has been dispatched from VFS office :)

samsamsam1

May 9, 2019
The Visa will become invalid if the passport is renewed. The current passport should have validity of atleast 6 months. Once she lands she can renew the passport and then travel wherever she wants.
No a visa DOES NOT get invalidated if the passport is renewed!
When you have a new passport issued by the government, it only becomes valid once YOU decide to start using it, not when they issue it. Additional ALL visa applies to ALL passports that is issued to you is valid - (1) as long you have the original passport (2) that the replacement passport mention it replaces the first one...

nehakhedekar

Feb 26, 2020
No a visa DOES NOT get invalidated if the passport is renewed!
When you have a new passport issued by the government, it only becomes valid once YOU decide to start using it, not when they issue it. Additional ALL visa applies to ALL passports that is issued to you is valid - (1) as long you have the original passport (2) that the replacement passport mention it replaces the first one...
i thought so. because i have read on so many forums and did extensive research and the final conclusion that i could come too was what you have said. Also i stumbled upon this. You can check it out here ( https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf04-eng.pdf ) in the document of IRCC POE ( Port of Entry) Page 73 13.18 Valid Visas in expired passports. It is clearly stated there
If a valid visa inside an expired document is presented at the POE along with a valid passport or travel document, the visa is considered valid.

Reactions: samsamsam1