+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

Kirthika N

Nov 4, 2019
Don't be stressed out. Your passport has probably got stamped by now, its just that the transit takes time from the High Commission to the VAC office. Hence the delay. When I checked my passport, it had actually got stamped on the 17th Dec 2019 only. But I received the communication only on the 2nd Jan 2020 that it has been processed.
Thank you for the kind words! I had an update on my online account this morning but it was a passport submission request letter that was sent again. The letter is exactly the same as the first request letter I received on 5 Dec 2019. I am sure this is an error from their end. Hopefully I get something soon!

lohit3108

Jan 7, 2020
Members,

Got PPR.

What are the steps forward?

I was looking through the website and need to know
1. the fee to be deposited (if any - for IRCC and/or VFS)
2. Photo with specifications indicated (Already have)
3. Passport with copies (Already have)

Kindly give more clarity on 1st point

ranjitrajkumar

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
We had submitted our passports to VFS Bangalore on the 12th of December, 19.
we had chatted with the VFS agents and they have no visibility on the status of the passports, once they are received at the High Commission.

I had sent an email to the VO, to this email address: DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
In response, we received two automated emails
  • One stated that they do not provide any Visa application status updates.
Your e-mail was received by the New Delhi visa office.
We do not respond unless you have already submitted an application and we need additional information from you. If a response is justified, we will write within 30 days.
We do not provide status updates on applications in process.
We do not confirm receipt of documents or passports.
Application forms and instruction guides are available here: www.cic.gc.ca
Notice: www.cic.gc.ca/english/notices.asp
  • One requested additional information on the primary applicant.
Thank you for your e-mail. It has been received by the New Delhi visa office.
Please note that sending repeated case status enquiries or phone calls takes resources away from file processing, resulting in longer processing times.
Due to a high volume of inquiries we can only respond if you have an application in process. The service standard is 15 working days.
Important: If you are the applicant or authorized representative, you must provide us with:
Your application number;
Surname and Given name(s);
Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);
Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number or Passport number;
If you did not provide us with this information, we will not be able to provide a response.
We are not able to respond to questions regarding:
· How to make an application online or at the VFS in India or Nepal
· Expedited processing of non-urgent cases
· Confirmation of receipt of documents or passports
· Status updates on applications within processing times
· Technical assistance with online applications
· Reporting GCKey issues
· General information about immigration programs or processes.
I sent them an email with the information and got the same two automated emails in response.

So still waiting.

lohit3108

Jan 7, 2020
Members,

Got PPR.

What are the steps forward?

I was looking through the website and need to know
1. the fee to be deposited (if any - for IRCC and/or VFS)
2. Photo with specifications indicated (Already have)
3. Passport with copies (Already have)

Kindly give more clarity on 1st point
Can someone respond to this? Much appreciated

ranjitrajkumar

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Can someone respond to this? Much appreciated
  1. Original passports - you already have
  2. Two copies of the consent form for each passport being submitted (download from the VFS site) - Pending
  3. Two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent. For instructions on photo requirements and specifications, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf (ideally taken within the last 6 months, the back of the photo must have the name and address of the photographer, along with the name, DOB or the visa applicant) - you already have
  4. If you are visiting the same VFS where biometrics was done, no transmission fees are charged as this was a part of the Biometrics fee. Minors who did not do biometrics will have a passport transmission fee charged. The transmission fee is Rs.441 per passport. - Tentative
Follow the instructions in your PPR mail.

Reactions: lohit3108

soniamanuel

Star Member
May 11, 2017
AOR Received.
20-09-2018
Thank you for the kind words! I had an update on my online account this morning but it was a passport submission request letter that was sent again. The letter is exactly the same as the first request letter I received on 5 Dec 2019. I am sure this is an error from their end. Hopefully I get something soon!
did you contact CIC regarding this ?

ranjitrajkumar

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Hi guys, I just checked the IRCC profile and our application has been approved. I have not yet got the VFS collection mail. that will come soon enough I guess.
  • Submitted the passports to VFS on the 12 Dec 19,
  • VISA application approved on 8 Jan 20
  • NDVO

Nityar

Jan 8, 2020
Hi all, my passport submission date is 20th dec at vfs new delhi..no update till now on portal...any suggestions?

ranjitrajkumar

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Just got this message: Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office NEW DELHI, on 2020/01/09 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.

RHG1990

Jan 6, 2020
I got a reply from Canda high commission (DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca)

"Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to your recent email inquiry received at the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

Please be advised that your passport will be sent through VFS by tomorrow morning.

We trust that this information will be of assistance."

Does this mean, they will be sending to VFS tomorrow or it will be ready for pick up at VFS tomorrow? what do you all think?

However, VFS tracker or CIC portal has not changed, still shows "processing at Canada high commission"